PDA

View Full Version : Item creation for masterwork

kenneth_burnell
January 11th, 2016, 23:16
I was wondering if anyone new what file I would need to look in for seeing how the masterwork descriptor for the weapons and armor item is. I want to see how it is setup so if I can, set it up so that it would change the armor check penalty automatically when you add the masterwork descriptor to the item like it does for the weapon with the atk bonus it gets.

Moon Wizard
January 18th, 2016, 09:07
It's located in the 3.5E ruleset in the campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua script in the addToWeaponDB function.

It may be more difficult to clearly determine which armor that a character is wearing, since that concept does not currently exist on the PC sheets. You could assume that you should use the AC and skill penalty for the last armor added to inventory, but you just have to remember that when you add armor to a PC from party treasure.

Cheers,
JPG

Mortar
February 3rd, 2016, 20:59
I ran into this issue last night with a weapon for some homebrew stuff I am inputting. How do I add the masterwork descriptor in game, then make sure the bonus is being calculated correctly? It got me thinking about creating a weapons/armor module with the masterwork bonus/costs added in.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2016, 21:02
Add the string masterwork to the weapon properties section *before* you drag it to the PC.

Mortar
February 3rd, 2016, 21:11
Awesome, thanks

GrimmSpector
February 16th, 2016, 19:31
Trying this, in the "items" list, it doesn't change the stats, it only changes the "action" entry, which means for armor it's useless, doesn't parse things like Mithral either, unfortunate, would be handy.