PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Image will not load

Danimal66
January 11th, 2016, 20:09
Last night we were playing the official Lost Mines module and the group got a magic scroll of darkness if I recall. I noticed that there was an image for scrolls so I tried to open it to share and it gave me an error about not having the module loaded (or something) I then recall having this same issues with the official Hoard module as well.

What am I missing here that would cause this not to load?

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2016, 20:41
It will be the Dungeon Master's guide. The link to the scroll image is in that volume.

Trenloe
January 11th, 2016, 21:28
The error message is "Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (*)". The * tells us that this image could come from a number of different modules - i.e. it is available in more than one module, but not the base LMOP module. I don't have the DMG, I would imagine it is in there (as Zacchaeus mentions), doing a quick check it is also in the Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Prince of the Apocalypse modules.

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2016, 21:51
I'll note this on the things to look at; I've a feeling that the link to the scroll image either shouldn't be in the module or should be and should link without the DMG being present. It seems that some modules do have the link and show the image without the DMG presence and others don't have any link. I suspect it's a timing issue as to when the module was produced and more importantly how it was produced.

Trenloe
January 11th, 2016, 23:46
The link is specifically made with a wildcard module name, it is not just tied to the DMG. The 5E modules are being designed with reusable resources that are available in more than one module - hence the wildcard * for the module name. M_W mentioned this sometime recently, but I can't find the specific post about it. Wildcard module paths were added in FG 3.0.11:

[DEV] Added wildcard module path option to all API functions and controls which specify data paths. Usage is @*, instead of @<module name>.

Zacchaeus
January 12th, 2016, 11:26
The link is specifically made with a wildcard module name, it is not just tied to the DMG. The 5E modules are being designed with reusable resources that are available in more than one module - hence the wildcard * for the module name. M_W mentioned this sometime recently, but I can't find the specific post about it. Wildcard module paths were added in FG 3.0.11:

Yes, this is what I was thinking about but I couldn't remember where it was either. However I don't think the intention is that there should be a link to an image if it can't be accessed. As you say if the DM has LMoP and also HotDQ open then the image will appear, but not if he has LMoP and OotA for example. In OotA there's no link at all to the spell scrolls image.

I get the feeling that this has come up before and Zeus put in a fix but, again, I can't find the precise source to back this feeling up.

Danimal66
January 12th, 2016, 14:50
I have HOTDG module as well and it doesn't open there either.

I do not have the DMG yet. It's not that big a deal just noting it has occurred twice.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 14:52
I have HOTDG module as well and it doesn't open there either.
You need to have the HotDQ module open (through the module activation screen).

Danimal66
January 12th, 2016, 15:01
I'm sorry I'm not being clear.

When we played HOTDQ I recall having the same issue when clicking on the image link for scroll in that module. I can go back and test it tonight after work to see if I'm incorrect but that is what I remember.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 15:11
When we played HOTDQ I recall having the same issue when clicking on the image link for scroll in that module. I can go back and test it tonight after work to see if I'm incorrect but that is what I remember.
There have been updates to module data recently, so you'd need to test to see if it still occurs. Open the HotDQ module it in your LMOP campaign and give it a go in the LMOP scroll entry.

Trenloe
January 13th, 2016, 15:05
Yes, this is what I was thinking about but I couldn't remember where it was either. However I don't think the intention is that there should be a link to an image if it can't be accessed.
Yeah, it's fine for linking things like a whole creature record, but a stand alone image should really be included in the base module to avoid this issue.

More info on anonymous linking provided by Doug here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27823-5E-OGL-Released&p=248607#post248607