PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds causes my mouse to slow to a crawl

harrisben
January 11th, 2016, 08:29
I had been ignoring this issue because I couldn't be bothered trying to figure it out until another piece of software started exhibiting the same symptoms - and it looks like it is my G-sync monitor that was the cause of that (they're fixing it) - so here we go:

Whenever I open Fantasy Grounds my mouse movement turns from the beautifully smooth experience I'm used to, to a jerky mess. It's only like this while the Fantasy Grounds window has focus. The other software that started exhibiting this issue is NZXT's CAM monitoring software (cam.nzxt.com). Here's the page where they mention it appears to be G-Sync Monitors: https://camfeedback.nzxt.com/forums/252256-bugs-issues/suggestions/11313165-after-update-3-0-2-mouse-stucks-and-is-not-smooth

The details of my system that I'll probably get asked:

Fantasy Grounds Version: 3.1.5 Ultimate
CPU: Intel Core i7-5390K
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
Memory: 16GB (4x4GB)
Video: 2xGTX980's

This wasn't always a problem, but I first noticed it maybe 6 months ago and have avoided using Fantasy Grounds since.

Full Bleed
January 11th, 2016, 11:13
Try:

1) Download the latest Video Drivers for your card (for use in step 4).
2) Uninstall the Video drivers you currently have installed.
3) Reboot.
4) Install the latest Video Drivers.

damned
January 11th, 2016, 12:32
Can you turn off GSync in your graphics settings for Fantasy Grounds - some graphics cards can do per application settings.

harrisben
January 12th, 2016, 04:21
Can you turn off GSync in your graphics settings for Fantasy Grounds - some graphics cards can do per application settings.

Ah yes, I think that can be turned off at the application level - thanks! (I completely forgot you can do that)