PDA

View Full Version : Show cumulative effect bonuses?

kuthulu
January 11th, 2016, 04:26
I'm currently running a Pathfinder campaign where I am starting to get into a lot of spell effects/buffs/debuffs. Is there a way to list all cumulative effects on a specific character? Maybe a chat command. Something like: showall effects [charactername] and it would list all the active effects and give you a total for each affected stat/bonus/ability? I'm thinking no but since the effects don't update the character sheet it is hard to see everything.

AC +3
ATK +5
DMG +5
RESIST fire +5
RESIST cold +5
CHA +2
STR +3
etc....

I know you can just look at the effects in the Combat Tracker but there are some that are built in where there is no listing for the bonuses like PRONE/INVISIBLE/SHAKEN, etc.

Also, is there a way to trigger a specific number on a die when rolling. So, for example, if I want to test a table I made and needed to roll a 20 on a d20 die. I'm sure there is but I may be missing it.

Thanks for the help!

Trenloe
January 11th, 2016, 04:56
There isn't a way to list out all of the specific effects currently in action. The way FG effects are coded in the background is to check for them when a specific action is triggered (attack, damage, save, etc.) and these actions look for specific effects at that point. There's no single script that calculates all effects currently in "effect" (forgive the pun) so there's not really an easy option to add some code to output these. Plus, when you begin to think of conditional effects, this would get very complex.

For testing a table, you'll need a d0 (a dice that rolls but always returns 0). Use the extension attached to add a d0 to the d6 custom dice list. Then, in your table, make sure the dice field is blank (right-click and clear it if necessary), then add the d0 to your table (right-click on the d6, select custom dice -> d0 and drop the d0 dice onto the dice field in your table). Every time you roll on your table a 0 will be returned. Now, to return a specific row in the table, enter a number in the modifier box under the chat window and roll the table - the number from the modifier box will be added to the 0 die roll and that line in the table will be returned.

d0 extension attached below. Note, this is not needed in the 5E ruleset as a d0 already exists in that ruleset. All other rulesets will need this extension to add a d0 as a custom die.

Callum
January 11th, 2016, 09:29
As Trenloe says, there is no way to simply list the cumulative bonuses currently in effect. Can I ask why it is that you want to see these? If we know the end goal, we may be able to suggest another route to getting there.

If you want the Combat Tracker to explicitly show the bonuses, you could avoid using the built-in effects and make your own versions that list the bonuses (eg "Shaken_mine; ATK:-2; SAVE:-2; SKILL:-2; ABIL:-2").

Note that if you include the appropriate bonus types in your effects (eg "deflection"), and put all effects in the Combat Tracker, then FG should stack all the bonuses correctly for you "behind the scenes".

kuthulu
January 11th, 2016, 14:35
Thx Trenloe. I'll check out that extension. It will definitely help.

Callum, my players were trying to determine if specific buffs and debuffs were applied to them currently and correctly. I didn't know how the effect modifiers were stored so I was hoping we could just list out all the current modifiers associated with a character. It's not a huge deal. I do like the idea of creating custom effects for the built-in's so I can see the totals.

Thx for the help!