PDA

View Full Version : Steam Mac demo not working (for me)

Venture
January 11th, 2016, 02:02
I've downloaded the Mac demo through Steam, and click the "Play" button. The Fantasy Grounds icon appears in my doc, but the app never opens to a window with any content. When I either Command-Tab through all open programs to get to Fantasy Grounds, or when I select it in the dock, I see the app name in my menu bar, but all the menu options are what I'm guessing are WINE options. There's never a window with any other content, or any menu options that appear to be specific to Fantasy Grounds. Any help would be appreciated. My next step will be to try Wineskin, but this was supposed to be the easiest Mac method.

Thanks!

Venture
January 11th, 2016, 02:37
I got things working, following the steps in post 83 in this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16755-Guide-How-to-Install-FGII-on-OS-X-using-WineBottler/page9

Switching to beta, switching if off, and then relaunching and allowing things to download did the trick.

damned
January 11th, 2016, 03:44
thanks for the update Venture!

Mustangross
January 3rd, 2019, 06:47
Hello,

I don't if this is the proper FORUM post to start this, please let me know if I should change it.

I followed all I could see online from the Forums and still won't work for me.

Here is what happened.

Using Steam it never worked, the Fantasy Grounds icon appeared on the DOC but the application never started. I tried changing the Beta but there are not options to do. Just the NONE is selectable.

I downloaded from the Website and it did work. But only the first time. After I closed and tried to reopen it wouldn't work again. The only difference is that I updated the application.

I'm trying one more time without updating but decided to send this message prior to that. As it would be good to have the Software up to date.

Thanks

ddavison
January 3rd, 2019, 15:43
I would recommend making sure to remove all copies of Fantasy Grounds from your system fully and then try the web installer version. I suspect it might be that you ended up launching the non-functioning Steam version for the 2nd run where it no longer worked. Clearing everything first should rule out that possibility.