PDA

View Full Version : More questions

bnickelsen
January 10th, 2016, 18:06
FYI I am using the 5E rule set but I do not think the following questions are rule set specific.

Looking at the player view:

I noticed that in the different sections like Maps, and Story I do not see any folders. So a player looking through a hundred images and maps seems a bit messy. Is this "as is" or did I miss something?

Both NPC and Items:

I do not see a way to share these items

I am thinking this is the expected behavior.

So if I want to share info about an NPC or Item I am thinking I should make a story item to match the real NPC or Item?

Zacchaeus
January 10th, 2016, 19:03
If you open up the Images or Story you will notice a tab (or a number of them) down at the bottom of the window.

This is, in effect, your folders. If you right click on one of them you can add a new one, and you can also cycle through the styles. Obviously you will have to make sure what you want to share is in the correct folder. Unfortunately the player's don't see this so everything they see is all in one folder.

To share an NPC drag the NPC from the NPCs tab and drop it into the character's portrait or drag it into the chat box.

Do the same for Items.

Andraax
January 10th, 2016, 19:26
If you open up the Images or Story you will notice a tab (or a number of them) down at the bottom of the window.

Not in the player view...

However, when you close a module, all shared content from that module disappears from the player's view. So, that long list is only temporary, until you start the next module...

Griogre
January 14th, 2016, 00:55
Also remember you can unshared maps. Normally you only need to share the maps from the current adventure and maybe a few campaign world maps. You can unshare maps they don't need anymore, if you are on a large adventure path.

bnickelsen
January 14th, 2016, 03:20
Also remember you can unshared maps. Normally you only need to share the maps from the current adventure and maybe a few campaign world maps. You can unshare maps they don't need anymore, if you are on a large adventure path.

I am looking to do a slightly larger scope of for may campaign. so I am trying to use FG as both a VTT and a campaign management tool.

damned
January 14th, 2016, 09:35
If you are wanting to produce something like a players guide then I would make it using Story entries in a new blank campaign and then export it as a Module. Then open this module in your real campaign and share it. Alternatively if you want a nice single volume book with menu that works more tightly you could/should look into Par5e.