PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] Checking Interest

Mask_of_winter
January 10th, 2016, 08:31
I'm looking to start a second campaign. It would run every other Saturday at 9am GMT for approximately 3hrs.

Campaigns I'm interested in running:

1. Dracula Dossier for the GUMSHOE system Night's Black Agents setting. It's a spy-thriller.
"The Dracula Dossier follows in the fully improvisational path of the award-winning Armitage Files campaign. Players follow up leads in the margins of Dracula Unredacted, a rare edition of Bram Stoker's masterpiece that reveals the terrifying truth behind the fiction. They'll chase down the real characters from Stoker's novel, their descendants in the present, and the British agents caught in the backblast."

2. Achtung! Cthulhu: Shadows of Atlantis for either the Savage Worlds or Trail of Cthulhu (GUMSHOE) rule systems.
"Discover the secret history of the earliest days of the war: a tale of murder, greed, and deceit, where forbidden knowledge is more highly prized than a man’s life (or his sanity); the quest for an ancient artefact of immense power; the race against the occult forces of the German High Command and even against time itself…”

3. A Powered by the Apocalypse game. Could be Apocalypse World, Monster of the Week or Dungeon World with a Sword and Sorcery twist (that means Conan, Lankhmar, that type of fiction.)

4. Star Wars using Savage Worlds during the "The Force Awakens" era.

5. Beasts and Barbarians using D&D 5e and the Primeval Thule material. It's a Sword & Sorcery setting.

Here's the catch. I don't do campaigns with total strangers, it never ends well. What I do is run one-shots and then invite players to a campaign. That's how I get to know the players and how they get to know me and find out if there's chemistry.

I'm Eric and I've been in the hobby for 30 years and GM for 25 years. I'm 39 years old, married and work the graveyard shift as a Lead Quality Inspector for a plastic packaging company that caters to the food, medical and cosmetic industry. At night, on the weekends, I retreat to my man cave and indulge into all kinds of geekery, mostly table top rpgs.

As a GM, I come prepare, I come with energy or I don't come at all. The fiction and the narrative is important to me. I don't care much for "hack, slash and loot" type of games. I understand the appeal, I just find it unsatisfying as a GM. I much prefer reward you with the spotlight and the opportunity to resolve story arcs from your character background.
I don't consider myself an adversarial GM but I'm not going to hold your hand to level 20 so you can feel warm and fuzzy inside either.
My games are laid back because I understand this is a social event. There is humor, I crack a joke, let everybody take their shot at it and then it's time to get back to it. I came here to game, so did you.
Whether or not you have experience in the particular system and how Fantasy Grounds works isn't important to me. I will not put you in a situation where rules-lawyering or power-gaming your way through an obstacle will be essential to your character's survival. You aren't stupid, you'll learn the particular game system and Fantasy Grounds same as I have. And you aren't going to slow anybody down or made fun of for being a total "newb" (okay maybe a little hehe). I am weary of those with no table-top role-playing games experience however. I expect you to know the gamer etiquette, be laid back, have social skills and to want to have fun but not to the detriment of the myself and especially not the other players. I'm the kind of guy that gives everybody a chance, but that's it. You only get one chance. My agenda is to facilitate a fun time for everybody, I bring my best and expect you to do the same. You can see me in all my glory (hehe yeah right) by watching some actual-play footage from my YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCD40ar-KYNs0fLDSgfughQ).

With that said, if my rant hasn't scared you, read on.

The idea here is to run one-shots for a couple months until I can put together a 3-5 players roster. You must be willing to try out new things outside your comfort zone. You can expect the one-shots to be for any of the systems mentioned in the campaign list. Once the group is formed, we can decide together what the campaign will be. I prefer to game through G+ with live streaming, or at least video. It flows better with visual cues, communication isn't just speech. But with that said, if you're camera shy or an outlaw on the run and would rather not be on cam I can do TeamSpeak (voice only) just as well.

So, if...

the time and frequency works for you
you have at least the FG demo (I have an Ultimate License)
you are willing to try new game systems
you play well with others
you have a mic/headset you're willing to use
you aren't a total douchebag

Let me know you're interested in this thread and whether or not you're cool with the webcams or not. As I said, the video isn't a requirement. It will just influence where I will schedule my games.
I can be ready January 16th 9am GMT but it depends how much traction this thread gets, if any at all hehe.

So who wants to roll the bones?

Skellan
January 10th, 2016, 08:55
Pick me please!

I am up for any of those listed. My preference is for Savage worlds, but I'd most want to play whatever you are most excited to run :)

Mask_of_winter
January 10th, 2016, 09:01
Pick me please!

I am up for any of those listed. My preference is for Savage worlds, but I'd most want to play whatever you are most excited to run :)

I told you before and I'll say it again, you'll always have a spot at my table! Even if it's on my lap! hehe

Skellan
January 10th, 2016, 09:11
haha cool. I am am looking forward to it. (the game, not the lap so much :))

stoto
January 10th, 2016, 12:29
this sounds great and so much fun ! i wish we where in more convenient timezones :(

SumoOnion
January 10th, 2016, 13:56
Would it be allright for near-total newb to join you? All my PnP experience amounts to two short sessions of 3.5e irl.
If thats not a problem I'm definitely interested. Especially in the Star Wars stuff :)
My timezone is GMT+1 and mic/headset/webcam shouldn't be a problem :)

Mask_of_winter
January 10th, 2016, 14:21
this sounds great and so much fun ! i wish we where in more convenient timezones :(
I'm in the same timezone as you, just that I'm vampire hehe. Hey, I run a couple one-shots every month around 10 pm est for about 3 hrs on Fridays or Saturdays. If that works for you add me to your G+ (link is in my signature). If not, well I'm sorry bro, wish I could accommodate you. I like your profile, hang in there, I'm sure you'll get all the gaming goodness you need real soon!

Would it be allright for near-total newb to join you? All my PnP experience amounts to two short sessions of 3.5e irl.
If thats not a problem I'm definitely interested. Especially in the Star Wars stuff :)
My timezone is GMT+1 and mic/headset/webcam shouldn't be a problem :)

Everybody deserves a chance. Thanks for your interest. Once we get a couple more people I'll come back to this thread with a date for a first meet and greet. You bring the beer.

SumoOnion
January 10th, 2016, 15:05
Everybody deserves a chance. Thanks for your interest. Once we get a couple more people I'll come back to this thread with a date for a first meet and greet. You bring the beer.

I'll figure out how to bring beer online then!

stoto
January 10th, 2016, 18:09
Thanks for the quick response ! Actually, i would be interested gaming friday or saturday nights ! I left a message on g+ :)

Robwriter
January 10th, 2016, 22:01
I would be interested in joining you. I am 45 and have previous experience with D&D from the 80's and 90's. I have recently started playing with a local group once a month and have rediscovered my enjoyment for this type of gaming.

Mask_of_winter
January 11th, 2016, 00:24
I would be interested in joining you. I am 45 and have previous experience with D&D from the 80's and 90's. I have recently started playing with a local group once a month and have rediscovered my enjoyment for this type of gaming.
Welcome aboard!

I must say I'm overwhelmed by the response.

Fingers
January 11th, 2016, 00:44
I'm game, not played in the Thule setting before but it sounds like a larf.

Self summary follows:
21/F/UK. Looking for a casual adventure to dive into. What more dyu need to know?

Call me fingers (Ladies ;))

Aggromal
January 11th, 2016, 02:10
Very interested in being a part of this, annoyed that my schedule took me out of the SotDL last night because it looked like it was a really good time.

Mask_of_winter
January 11th, 2016, 02:14
Very interested in being a part of this, annoyed that my schedule took me out of the SotDL last night because it looked like it was a really good time.
And I appreciate you taking the time to come in on TS to let me know. Courtesy goes a long way and is part of this "gamer etiquette" I believe is important in this hobby.

Aggromal
January 11th, 2016, 02:32
And I appreciate you taking the time to come in on TS to let me know. Courtesy goes a long way and is part of this "gamer etiquette" I believe is important in this hobby.

I mean, I just did what I would've wanted someone to do had I been the DM of a game. Just wanted to make sure that I didn't waste anyone's time waiting, and I figured that being polite and respectful would go further in the future than no-showing and not saying anything.

Robwriter
January 11th, 2016, 02:50
Just realized the time you put was 9am GMT and not 9pm GMT. Don't think I can make this one. Was really looking forward to it. Good luck with it and have fun storming the castle.

css352
January 11th, 2016, 19:38
I'd be interested in this as well if for some reason you end up changing the time to be earlier in the day. But as it stands now, if I were to commit to that time, my wife would kill me for not being able to do anything together on what is a Saturday afternoon or evening for me. Anyone new checking out this thread, I've played with Eric before and can vouch for him as being a good and fair GM.

css352
January 11th, 2016, 19:50
So now I'm looking at the wrong times too. I read through all the posts and because I had just ready 9pm from Robwriter, I put that did the time calculations based off of that. I can actually play at the originally designated time if it starts on the 16th and/or is every other week with regards to that week. I'd enjoy playing any of the ideas pitched with preference toward the Dracula, Star Wars, and Apocalypse games. I can play with voice and willing to do video, just have to let me know (don't have the webcam set up right now).

Mask_of_winter
January 11th, 2016, 23:39
Would be great to have you Chris!

Skellan, SumoOnion, Fingers, Aggromal, css352 and John (who pm'd me on G+), you're all invited to a meet and greet this Saturday the 16th at 9am GMT over on TeamSpeak (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server). I'll have a channel labeled "MoW Meet n Greet" ready for us. We might even do some gaming. I look forward to meeting all of you, even if I already know you hehe

SumoOnion
January 12th, 2016, 00:03
Would be great to have you Chris!

Skellan, SumoOnion, Fingers, Aggromal, css352 and John (who pm'd me on G+), you're all invited to a meet and greet this Saturday the 16th at 9am GMT over on TeamSpeak (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server). I'll have a channel labeled "MoW Meet n Greet" ready for us. We might even do some gaming. I look forward to meeting all of you, even if I already know you hehe

Sounds great! See you there :)

Mask_of_winter
January 12th, 2016, 21:11
Channel has been created. We have one RSVP. Thank you Sumo!

Skellan
January 12th, 2016, 22:01
I'll be there

css352
January 13th, 2016, 00:50
Looking forward to it.

Mask_of_winter
January 14th, 2016, 01:42
We're up to 5 rsvp.
If you like to be prepared, I suggest you check out and read the Rules section of this document (https://www.peginc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Test_Drive_2015.pdf). Again, the first session will be a meet n greet but if we have time to game, we will.

gaara6666
January 14th, 2016, 06:23
so that was neat in 20 minutes i completely learned Savage worlds... that was less painful than i thought it would be

Black Hammer
January 14th, 2016, 17:07
so that was neat in 20 minutes i completely learned Savage worlds... that was less painful than i thought it would be

Savage Worlds is a great system in that regard. And it plays just as fast as you can learn it.

SumoOnion
January 14th, 2016, 17:53

Hehe I had the same experience. Truly a great system!

Regall Dorn
January 14th, 2016, 18:16
Sounds like a blast and I wish I could be part of it, but that's 1 am to 4 am my time and I tend to be asleep then.

Mask_of_winter
January 15th, 2016, 07:06
Glad you guys enjoyed it. I tend to gravitate toward rules-light system. The less time I spend with my nose buried in a book looking for a rule during a game, the more time I spend rnning the game and the less players lose immersion and end up going on tangents.
Savage Worlds is a cinematic system. Whatever you see in Hollywood movies, SW can do. It's also flexible and versatile enough to handle any genre.

Mask_of_winter
January 16th, 2016, 01:27
Just a friendly Mr. Rogers reminder that we're meeting Saturday morning, 9 am GMT on TeamSpeak in the MoW Meet n Greet channel.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/63/0b/fe/630bfe09b50888ed96e9ce05ab252af3.jpg

Skellan
January 16th, 2016, 02:00
I'll set my alarm

Mask_of_winter
January 16th, 2016, 12:04
Thanks to all those who showed up. Next session will be on the 30th at 9 am GMT. If you're seeing this now and are interested, I can take a few more people.

Mask_of_winter
January 16th, 2016, 12:09
Edit: Duplicate post.

SumoOnion
January 16th, 2016, 12:10
Was nice meeting you guys, and I'll see you again in roughly a month hopefully!

Krispycakes
January 18th, 2016, 16:32
Im interested this is perfect time for me i live in the uk and am allways up at 7 :D please think of meeee.

Mask_of_winter
January 19th, 2016, 02:08
Im interested this is perfect time for me i live in the uk and am allways up at 7 :D please think of meeee.
Stay tuned for more information. Our next session is Saturday, January 30th at 9 am GMT.

Krispycakes
January 19th, 2016, 07:15
Ok will do :) thank u

Bane Root
January 22nd, 2016, 02:05
I'm totally interested in joining this proposed game. The only problem being that I work shift work and am busy every other Saturday. If this game is scheduled on my week off, I will be a loyal, dedicated player and play until Ragnarok. Currently my schedule is; working this weekend 22-24, off the following 29-31, working Feb 5-7, off Feb 12-14 etc, etc and so on until for the next 20 years or so.

Mask_of_winter
January 22nd, 2016, 02:10
I'm totally interested in joining this proposed game. The only problem being that I work shift work and am busy every other Saturday. If this game is scheduled on my week off, I will be a loyal, dedicated player and play until Ragnarok. Currently my schedule is; working this weekend 22-24, off the following 29-31, working Feb 5-7, off Feb 12-14 etc, etc and so on until for the next 20 years or so.

Another player has a schedule similar to yours. We will play every other Saturday and it will be on your week off. Next scheduled session is Saturday the 30th 9 am GMT / 4 am Eastern Standard Time.

Squeekit
January 22nd, 2016, 21:04
Did you still have spots available? It's sooo early for me, but I think it might just be worth it!

Mask_of_winter
January 25th, 2016, 01:25
Session #2 up ahead. So here's an update.

Hopefully we have Jay, Bill and Chris returning. Unfortunately, Janus won't be able to make it. As discussed during our meet and greet, we will be using cams and meeting on Google Hangouts. I've created the event here. (https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/ce20pmbjt659rld43nugerdve7g?authkey=CKPE7dDp5berFg ) So if you're camera shy, don't have a webcam or are unable to use one at that time, this may not be the game for you.

I see more people have expressed interest in joining this group; namely Bane Root, Kryspicakes and Squeekit. If you're still interested in this, please take a moment to read the first post to make sure this is really what you're looking for. We're trying to set the foundations to a strong group here. My methods may be a bit unorthodox but for that I make no apology.

So for this game session I'll be running a light Savage Worlds game called Ug see big thing that Fly (https://www.rpgnow.com/product/130003/Ug-See-Big-Thing-that-Fly?term=ug+see). So if you're serious about joining I'll see you join on Google +. First 3 spots go to Jay, Bill and Chris. If you join and your Google+ name is different than your FG Forum username, please drop me a message so I know who you are. I have room for 6 players. Any overflow will be alternates.

Squeekit
January 26th, 2016, 18:51
I'll get my web cam , though I am VERY shy, I do this for you Mask *shakes fist*
I'm not certain how to the google+ thing works, but I did say "yes" to going, I can't write a post though.

Mask_of_winter
January 26th, 2016, 23:47
I'll get my web cam , though I am VERY shy, I do this for you Mask *shakes fist*
I'm not certain how to the google+ thing works, but I did say "yes" to going, I can't write a post though.
Hehe, you're not THAT shy :P
Just be on the events page, that's how you can comment (web version anyway). To join the hangouts come game time just go under the events details section and click on Hangouts. It will launch the video conference.

sctorchwoodfan
January 27th, 2016, 03:19
I can't do this Saturday as I already have a commitment in the morning that I need to be awake for so no staying up but I am interested in the next session (I guess in two weeks) if there is space though I am a bit ho-hum about being on video LOL....

Mask_of_winter
January 27th, 2016, 03:25
I can't do this Saturday as I already have a commitment in the morning that I need to be awake for so no staying up but I am interested in the next session (I guess in two weeks) if there is space though I am a bit ho-hum about being on video LOL....
I understand. That's why I'm trying to be as upfront about it as possible.
Personally, I feel it brings the whole experience one step closer to the real thing and helps the game flow better.
But I respect people's need to privacy. Subscribe to the thread and hopefully I'll see you next time around.

sctorchwoodfan
January 27th, 2016, 17:46
I am willing to try video as some of the twitch sessions look like lots of fun.... It's just a bit of nerves really though I use to do public speaking so I can't be too bad lol....

Mask_of_winter
January 28th, 2016, 00:08
While using video has been discussed and agreed on, streaming live and going public with it has not. So no worries... yet hehe

Mask_of_winter
January 30th, 2016, 00:25
The morning game is a go. We still have a few spots. Read this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27790-LFP-Checking-Interest&p=250479&viewfull=1#post250479) for more details.

Skellan
January 30th, 2016, 01:03
I was undecided about video. My initial thought was that it would break the immersion, but having tried it I think it adds more than it takes away. I didn't realise how much I read the table when I gm, its much easier to respond to players and pace the game when you can see them (in my opinion). Also its easier to banter, with voice only comms you can get the awkward 'sorry, you go first', 'no, you go first' thing. The downside is I have to subject the poor internet to my ugly mug but hey ho.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. At 9am I will be able to do an awesome caveman 'cosplay'

damned
January 30th, 2016, 02:06
Looking forward to the game tomorrow. At 9am I will be able to do an awesome caveman 'cosplay'

that might be worth catching the stream for!

Skellan
January 30th, 2016, 02:17
haha, noooooooooo that wasn't meant to be an advert

Mask_of_winter
January 30th, 2016, 12:04
One of the great features people forget to mention about Fantasy Grounds is this pool of amazing role-players I'm fortunate enough to tap into night in night out. Thanks to Jay, Nicole, Bill and Chris for a fun game.

The People of the Cave and People by the lake united to save people abducted by a sky monster. They tamed pterodactyls and flew after the monster, defeated flying dinosaurs that flew without their wings flapping and rescued their people.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Jw54yKI85Wo/VqyliQac0nI/AAAAAAAAjhA/4ZIWTptN3oE/w1278-h719-no/screenshot0177.png

Squeekit
January 30th, 2016, 12:11
Don't forget to mention the swarm of tiny mosquito-sized pterodactyls that incapacitated a Buman for nearly the entire fight!

Skellan
January 30th, 2016, 22:14
Yeah that rocked.

We have a good group, I am looking forward to it

gaara6666
January 31st, 2016, 11:48
all those criticals i rolled as Krotsh bending iron cages and decapitating steam punk pilots... lady of luck was with me

Mask_of_winter
January 31st, 2016, 11:51
And Ug with unlikely contributions including the discovery of the hinged door.

Mask_of_winter
February 2nd, 2016, 03:38
In THE HARKER INTRUSION, A mysterious tip-off sends you to Morocco. There’s a journalist there. She knows too much, and won’t see the dawn unless you save her.
https://i.imgur.com/KnvDUkx.gif

Skellan
February 2nd, 2016, 04:18
Wonderful! I have wanted to try this setting for a while now

gaara6666
February 2nd, 2016, 10:02
Well you got yourself a Varoutte...DIBS

Mortar
February 2nd, 2016, 21:35
Hmm...5 AM for me on a saturday morning. I'll play if you got a spare spot.

DionysianFire
February 2nd, 2016, 22:54
I'm interested. I'm a new player to Fantasy Grounds and I've been playing 5E for the last couple of months, but I'm willing an able to learn.

Mask_of_winter
February 3rd, 2016, 00:38
We've got some spots left indeed. I'll be posting the official invite to the G+ Hangouts this weekend. If you've got a webcam, mic/headset and Fantasy Grounds installed (I've got an Ultimate License so you don't even need a license) you're welcome to join this game as we're slowly building up the roster.

Since most of you are probably curious what this system is all about, here's the gist in a page or two: https://www.pelgranepress.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/gumshoe-101-for-players-and-gms.pdf

Mortar
February 3rd, 2016, 20:12
No webcam here....bummer

Mask_of_winter
February 5th, 2016, 01:01
What is Night's Black Agents?
Night’s Black Agents brings the GUMSHOE engine to the spy thriller genre, combining the propulsive paranoia of movies like Ronin and The Bourne Identity with supernatural horror straight out of Bram Stoker. Investigation is crucial, but it never slows down the action, which explodes with expanded options for bone-crunching combat, high-tech tradecraft, and adrenaline-fueled chases.
https://i2.wp.com/img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/Aegeri/Breakout_zpsgnxc1h6f.jpg

Skellan
February 5th, 2016, 01:09
I that a picture of me dying horribly?

damned
February 5th, 2016, 03:57
I that a picture of me dying horribly?

no! its an obligatory apple-cart scene!

gaara6666
February 5th, 2016, 08:44
no! its an obligatory apple-cart scene! .....of you dying horribly tss tss tsss

Mask_of_winter
February 7th, 2016, 04:59
Event has been sent on G+ to interested parties. If you aren't on the list and would like to take part in this session, contact me first and I'll send you an invite.
Be aware this is a mic/headset + webcam session on Google Hangouts. No other requirements as far as experience with Fantasy Grounds or/and Night's Black Agents is concerned. I have an Ultimate License so anybody with the FG client can join.
Night's Black Agents: The Harker Intrusion. See above posts for banners, posters and link to a one page quickstart rule sheet.
Saturday, February 13th 4-7am EST (GMT -5)

Mask_of_winter
February 12th, 2016, 02:53
Just stopping by to tell everybody the game is a go and that we still have room for a player or two.

Skellan
February 12th, 2016, 02:58
*sharpens stake in anticipation*

gaara6666
February 12th, 2016, 07:31
oh laaawd cant wait

Mr.GummyBear
February 12th, 2016, 09:48
Hey if you still have a spot free then count me in, would love to join your games !!!

Mask_of_winter
February 13th, 2016, 12:06
Chase through the streets of Marrakesh, Morrocco in The Harker Intrusion for Night's Black Agents.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-P8sBq-986O4/Vr8bzPbN-VI/AAAAAAAAjpI/1gQ27CcxkHU/w1278-h719-no/screenshot0183.png

Mortar
February 13th, 2016, 22:31
Looked like that was a blast to play. I so need to get me a webcam.

gaara6666
February 13th, 2016, 23:37
you do. we all had a great time. everybody got some action, got to have their moment in action. was great

Serena
February 14th, 2016, 07:22
i would be more than interested to join you guys

Mask_of_winter
February 14th, 2016, 07:24
Sounds good!
If the time and terms work for you stay tuned for next game's (Feb 27th 9am GMT) announcement.

Serena
February 14th, 2016, 07:27
count me in

Serena
February 14th, 2016, 07:37
why do you guys need webcams?

Skellan
February 14th, 2016, 15:04
I was sceptical about webcam at first, I thought it would break immersion and plus I wasn't keen on broadcasting my ugly mug about. After trying it though, I feel it makes communication much more natural and things flow better. Plus you can take cues from the gm and other players.

SumoOnion
February 14th, 2016, 15:11
I was sceptical about webcam at first, I thought it would break immersion and plus I wasn't keen on broadcasting my ugly mug about. After trying it though, I feel it makes communication much more natural and things flow better. Plus you can take cues from the gm and other players.

Plus you can describe your cool parkour tricks with hand movements. Which makes it really descriptive and awesome! As shown in yesterday's game!

Mask_of_winter
February 14th, 2016, 15:54
Plus you can describe your cool parkour tricks with hand movements. Which makes it really descriptive and awesome! As shown in yesterday's game!
LOL Absolutely Janus!

sctorchwoodfan
February 16th, 2016, 23:54
Sounds good!
If the time and terms work for you stay tuned for next game's (Feb 27th 9am GMT) announcement.

Oh what game are you going to play next? You guys seem to have quite a bit of fun for so early for us USA people.

Mask_of_winter
February 17th, 2016, 00:28
Oh what game are you going to play next? You guys seem to have quite a bit of fun for so early for us USA people.

Haven't decided yet. Depends how much time I have to prepare. Had to meet a few deadlines on writing projects.
Savage Star Wars, D&D 5e Sword and Sorcery homebrew, D&D 5e Legendary Planet, Monster of the Week or I'd like to give Titan's Grave a spin.

gaara6666
February 17th, 2016, 00:47
I am gaara6666 and i support all of those choices. also I was odd about webcams at first but seeing people's facial expressions and interactions made the experience much warmer and friendlier. Also things like visual cues for people that have something to say are nice so people dont step on each other.

Skellan
February 17th, 2016, 00:51
I am happy to try any of those but if you want a preference, mine is savage star wars :)

Mortar
February 17th, 2016, 02:41
Weird Wars Rome FTW!!

Mask_of_winter
February 20th, 2016, 09:24
Any of you guys played the Star Wars Edge of the Empire adventure Under A Black Sun?

gaara6666
February 20th, 2016, 10:08
nope. Never played star wars except the old 2006 d20 system

Skellan
February 20th, 2016, 12:22
I know nothing about any of the ffg material

GunbunnyFuFu
February 20th, 2016, 13:54
Eric,

You still looking for any other players?

Chris

Mask_of_winter
February 20th, 2016, 13:57
Sure. Can you make it to a 4am EST start time and willing to be on cam?

Mask_of_winter
February 21st, 2016, 06:20
https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/KB1QHoF2fy7s6lqGzpr
Saturday, February 27th 9am to 12am GMT.
If you're a Savage Worlds vet and would like to create a character for this game by using the Deluxe core book and Science Fiction Companion. Keep in mind you are a member of junkyard and salvage crew in a forested area.
In any case, I'll have a few pregen characters ready.

gaara6666
February 21st, 2016, 07:12
sign me up

Mask_of_winter
March 10th, 2016, 02:02
We're back on track to play on the 12th, 9am GMT. Event is set up on Google+ and people have been invited. Treat this as a reminder.
Savage Star Wars - Sky Bounty
I'm looking forward to this. Too long without gaming and writing about gaming instead makes my mouth water hehe
See you guys soon!

Skellan
March 10th, 2016, 02:04
I'll be there

gaara6666
March 10th, 2016, 02:07
oh yeah you know my "Special" character idea has had my mouth salivating for almost a month now

SumoOnion
March 12th, 2016, 11:57
That was an absolutely hilarious game guys!

Mask_of_winter
March 12th, 2016, 11:59
Savage Star Wars -Sky Bounty
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-kq0WHOeFkA8/VuQD5UKtlyI/AAAAAAAAjvc/yZSVHA04SVsp5f0v-GKPbJFN_2NiPET7A/w1278-h561-no/screenshot0185.png

Skellan
March 12th, 2016, 12:05
yeah, fun game, thanks guys

Mask_of_winter
March 18th, 2016, 01:30
So I bought this adventure module, not sure if you've ever heard of it. It's called Curse of Strahd. And in it there's a small adventure, House of Death. I'd like to run this for our next one shot on the 26th. Any objections?

GunbunnyFuFu
March 18th, 2016, 01:31
None from me!!

Mortar
March 18th, 2016, 01:33
Why just run that little part of that nice shiny new module?

Mask_of_winter
March 18th, 2016, 01:38
Why just run that little part of that nice shiny new module?
I'm liking what I'm seeing and reading right now, both from the content and presentation (good job TAS and Zach!) but my experience with 5e is rather limited at the moment. With this group, we're getting closer to choosing what we'll play as a campaign and are sampling different things while forming group chemistry until then.
I might have to find a spot to run the whole campaign though if we choose something else though. Savage Star Wars was a hit. Probably on a weekday morning.

Skellan
March 18th, 2016, 01:51
I am good for House of Death

Mask_of_winter
March 18th, 2016, 01:53
Oops, my bad, it's Death House hehe... even more ominous title :)

Skellan
March 18th, 2016, 02:33
As long as there are houses and death I am in :)

gaara6666
March 18th, 2016, 21:57
Well I have not played 5E yet so there will be a learning curve definitely ahead for me. but 6 year pathfinder and 10 year 3.5 guy I can probably acclimate. That being said fridays were the opportune time for me to play so weekdays pending this job i am gunning for could be problematic. That being said were you wanting to pursue multiple per week sesions or just weekly or biweekly for the longterm campaign?

Skellan
March 18th, 2016, 22:51
5E will be easy after pathfinder. The biggest trouble I had was remembering not to apply pathfinder rules. 5E is a better system in my opinion

Varsuuk
March 19th, 2016, 06:39
Call me cranky, but I think "Death House" would be a step up from going to clubs playing "House" in the 90s... /shudders

Hmmm now that I read that, I think I should have gone with something like "I've heard of 'Death Metal' (though I don't think I've had the 'pleasure' of listening to it...) is 'Death House' as bad as it sounds?"

Or maybe I should take my pregnisone pills and go to sleep...

Sit Ubu. sit.

Mask_of_winter
March 26th, 2016, 07:42
Death House starts in approximately 75 mins. Server is up.

Foomish
March 26th, 2016, 08:29
Greetings and Salutations,
I just played the one shot of Death House and well, I died but I'd be willing to try again. I don't have any real experience with FG's but I'm looking to change that. I'm 35, for a little while longer, and have been playing games since I found my parents original dnd set at around 9 years old. I'm familiar and have played every iteration of DnD except 4th. I've been looking to branch out into other systems and have played my share. I'm usually pretty good at not meta gaming and enjoy a good game that balances action with a good heaping of adventure.

If you got room for another please let me know. I'm in CST time which I think is GMT -5

Mask_of_winter
March 26th, 2016, 12:29
Curse of Strahd, Death House with the guys. Who knew a fight with a broom in the closet could be so much fun? lol
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-U8Olunz7krE/VvZvm0vLnsI/AAAAAAAAj1c/7Q_I3qpiU8A04joEFoj5vnRpUg2vrhGqg/w1278-h719-no/screenshot0191.png

GunbunnyFuFu
March 26th, 2016, 17:04
Has a blast Eric! Thanks for running, and thanks to everyone for making it an immensely fun session!!

Chris

gaara6666
March 26th, 2016, 23:23
it twas fun indeed. Eric is now going to incorporate "bernard the barbarian broom" in every campaign now.

Mortar
March 28th, 2016, 05:18
I am having visions of Mickey Mouse as the Apprentice.

Mask_of_winter
March 28th, 2016, 13:21
lol that broom kicked the halfling rogue's butt big time

Mask_of_winter
April 8th, 2016, 02:39
Just a reminder that we're taking a break this weekend for FG Con 8. We'll be back on the 23rd of April to resume Death House.

Skellan
April 8th, 2016, 03:07
Great, I will get my broomslaying kit ready

Mask_of_winter
April 16th, 2016, 10:02
After a brief hiatus for FG Con 8, we're ready to resume Death House, the introductory adventure for Curse of Strahd. Invites have been sent to your Google+ account. 4 am EST on Saturday April 23rd.

Skellan
April 16th, 2016, 10:11
The broom strikes back.

Are we recording this one? If so I will make sure the camera is suitably far away

Mask_of_winter
April 16th, 2016, 10:24
The broom strikes back.

Are we recording this one? If so I will make sure the camera is suitably far away
lol no we're not

Murph
April 17th, 2016, 12:44
Hi,

Are you still accepting players? I would be interested in joining your saturday oneshot game.
I am in QLD australia - GMT +10.

Have no experience in 5E yet and a only little in AD&D 2E. If you don't mind a noob joining in.

Regards Murph

Mask_of_winter
April 19th, 2016, 13:51
Hi,

Are you still accepting players? I would be interested in joining your saturday oneshot game.
I am in QLD australia - GMT +10.

Have no experience in 5E yet and a only little in AD&D 2E. If you don't mind a noob joining in.

Regards Murph
Sorry it took so long to answer you Murph. Unfortunately, we're past the one-shot phase now and the group is full. If we ever need someone I'll make sure to let you know.
Good luck with your search!

Murph
April 20th, 2016, 10:54
No worries mate.
Thanks for the reply.

Regards Murph