PDA

View Full Version : using modules

Hayt
February 28th, 2005, 13:01
I’ve created an adventure that I want to use as part of a larger campaign, so I’ve saved it as a module using “/export [name] [description]”. I then created a new campaign, opened it, opened the “module activation” sheet and clicked on the module that I had created, to activate it. But none of the sheets I created for the module appear in my new campaign. Am I doing something wrong?

Bagpuss2
February 28th, 2005, 20:41
If you have apposolutely nothing in the new campaign there appears to be a problem with loading modules.

Create and object in each of the catagories, Story, Personalities, Items, Images. They don't have to have and data and you can delete them later.

Log out, log in and then load the module.

Hayt
March 1st, 2005, 13:44
Thanks for the advice, Bagpuss2. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work.

I'm beginning to think it could be creating the module file that is the problem. Given that the original adventure has a lot of graphics files and the module file is only about 300 kb, it could well be that none of the files from the original adventure are being passed to the module file.

Is there anything else I need to do apart from using the /export command to make sure the module file is being created correctly?

Bagpuss2
March 1st, 2005, 19:03
If you rename the module name.zip you can open it and read it in XML and see which images are included.

Hayt
March 1st, 2005, 22:11
As I thought!

I renamed the mod file to make it a zip file and opened it. Two xml files had been created; one called "definition.xml" which contained the name of the mod file I had created and one called "db.xml" which contained no data. So it seems when I use the /export command, a file is being created but none of the data from my adventure is being transferred to it.

msd
March 1st, 2005, 22:29
In your ruleset folder, you should have a file called d20_export.xml

There should be a node for items...can you check that?

msd
March 1st, 2005, 22:52

First, I like quoting myself. It makes me feel important and making me feel important should be an important goal of everyone who posts on these boards :wink:

OK, seriously.

This is what I was talking about:

<root>
<exportinfo>
<node name="encounter" />
<node name="image" />
<node name="npc" />
<root>
<exportinfo>
<node name="encounter" />
<node name="image" />
<node name="npc" />
<node name="item" />
</exportinfo>
</root>
</exportinfo>
</root>

While I don't *know*, I suspect that <node name="item" />determines whether story pages are exported. You don't, for any reason, show that as missing, do you?

Hayt
March 1st, 2005, 23:43

I don't have a file called d20_export.xml either in my ruleset folder or in any other folder.

msd
March 1st, 2005, 23:55

I don't have a file called d20_export.xml either in my ruleset folder or in any other folder.

Hmm...that's bizarre. What version are you running?

Bagpuss2
March 2nd, 2005, 10:56
Have you run the unpack.exe file?

Hayt
March 2nd, 2005, 18:43
Hmmm - some strange things happening here.

First, I don't have the "unpack" file. It wasn't installed when the software was set up but I do notice when installing the software (which I did again just to make sure) the "unpack" program runs during installation.

I bought the software through "RPG Now" in December and recently I downloaded it again to my computer at the office. When I installed the program at the office, an "unpack" file and a "d20_export" file were created. So it seems that I have a slightly different version of the original software on my home computer. Unfortunately, RPG Now only allows two downloads, so I can't download it again. Incidentally, I've also installed the latest patch.

I copied the "d20_export" file from my office computer to my home computer but it has not resolved the problem.

Very odd - perhaps a dev could let me know if there are different versions of the original software.

Ged
March 2nd, 2005, 19:10
The UnPak.exe is a resource extractor found in this (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=155) message. And yes the version at RPGNow has changed since December. The version downloadable now is the 1.03, i.e. no patching required with the current download.

Hayt
March 3rd, 2005, 19:57
I've now reinstalled the software and copied the "d20_export" from my office set up. Everything now works fine so thanks for the help guys - much appreciated.

msd
March 4th, 2005, 00:29
Awesome...glad to hear it!

richvalle
March 4th, 2005, 00:32
I've now reinstalled the software and copied the "d20_export" from my office set up. Everything now works fine so thanks for the help guys - much appreciated.

So when are you going to run a game?

:P

rv

Hayt
March 4th, 2005, 07:35
I'm working on it. At the moment I'm enjoying playing in Bagpuss2's game too much to put much effort into creating my own.