PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Old Campaigns Question

Justicesar
January 9th, 2016, 19:23
Is there a way to delete old campaigns thru Fantasy grounds??

Or do I have to find the file on my computer. Which bring me to......Where the hell is my file. I do not recognize the path set up and can not find it.

Should I change the data path in setting to a file I can at least find??

Justicesar
January 9th, 2016, 19:27
Found the folder button via https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/File_Locations

Baby steps.

Justicesar
January 9th, 2016, 19:29
Another question though. Seem like a lot of hard work could be lost if your PC took a dump. Do many back up on a second drive of some sort?? If so what files are most important?

Zacchaeus
January 9th, 2016, 20:17
Yes, back up the folder that FG uses to save campaigns, modules etc. Now where that is depends on what your OS is but on WIN 7 it's User/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds. One word of warning don't use any kind of cloud storage 'solution' since that will inevitably leave you with synchronisation problems.

damned
January 9th, 2016, 23:11
On the Fantasy Grounds Splash Screen there is a Folder icon on the top right. This will display your Data location in Explorer.
I usually zip up the current campaign, append a date stamp, and drop it on to OneDrive either before or after a session.

Typically most GMs will just backup the /campaigns folder.
If you are experimenting writing code etc make sure you are backing those up.
You might like to backup your extensions folder and modules folders too...

Moon Wizard
January 10th, 2016, 01:07
I do a nightly one-way backup of all my data to an external drive, not just Fantasy Grounds. Also, I recently started using BackBlaze for online backup, since it also provides some journaling (i.e. multiple revisions over time).

Regards,
JPG