PDA

View Full Version : Golden Nugget

Justicesar
January 9th, 2016, 17:04
Every time I log on I learn something new and the controls start to get easier to remember. That being said from time to time I get stuck looking for the one Golden nugget that is either too obvious of simply breezed over in a You Tube video.

The trick is figuring out where I begin and FG begins..... Some things need done on the fly....some just require a simple button here and there. That button or that golden nugget is what I'm looking for.

This thread is for me to pop into and ask a question when stuck without having to search al over the forums.

First question I have regarding combat tracker. I have been trying to figure out how to cast a simple sleep spell. Should I not be able to drop the spell into a certain radius and then allocate the Hit point of mobs affected?? Then apply an effect "Sleep"??

Zacchaeus
January 9th, 2016, 17:44
Sleep is one of those spells that you can't create an effect for and FG can't do what you would like to do either. When you think about it that's quite reasonable given the number of variables that would need to be considered in order to automate just this one spell.

You can draw your 20' radius circle on the map by holding down CTRL and both mouse buttons and dragging until you get the require radius. It's then a question of rolling your dice into the chat box and then working out manually how many creatures are affected. You can then drop the unconscious effect onto any that are. (I'm assuming here that you dragged the spell into the character's actions tab and it will have created the effect for you).

Justicesar
January 9th, 2016, 19:00
Thanks...

Justicesar
January 11th, 2016, 03:11
I have watched demos where the DM and Players hold down the cntl key and then move their token. This leaves a line that shows the path. When I try this it does not work....the token just moves.

Little by little I'm getting the hang of it.

Trenloe
January 11th, 2016, 03:21
The GM needs to toggle movement lock first: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tokens#Movement

Justicesar
January 12th, 2016, 13:09
Thanks got this to work.

As a read the wiki I did not see a way to have the 10'......20' etc. on the movement line.

Also as I watch demos there seems to be way to set a shadow around a model for reach. Not sure where to do that.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2016, 14:06
To get distances shown you need to set a grid on the map.

Reach is set in the combat tracker and will show when you mouse over a token on the map. See the size/reach section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Combat_Tracker#DM_View_-_Toggles