PDA

View Full Version : Character Portrait

cdanex
January 9th, 2016, 05:57
Can I upload my own image as a character portrait for my character? I have a JPG saved but I don't know what steps to take to upload the portrait.

Mask_of_winter
January 9th, 2016, 06:03
Click on the folder icon when you start up FG, it's located in the top right. Find the portrait folder and drop your jpg in there. You want the image to be square otherwise it will stretch it out and might look odd.

cdanex
January 9th, 2016, 06:26
Does this work the same way on Macs? I found the folder for Fantasy Grounds but cannot see any subfolders like Portraits.

damned
January 9th, 2016, 08:21
You can create the /portraits folder maually

cdanex
January 9th, 2016, 18:59
I am not an expert with Macs. I have spent a good amount of time trying to search through my computer to figure this out. Would someone please be more specific?

I appreciate it.

Zacchaeus
January 9th, 2016, 19:21
I don't know anything about macs either but as Mask_of_Winter says click on the little folder icon to open up the folder in which FG keeps all it's resources and as damned says create your portraits folder in there if it doesn't exist already.

cdanex
January 9th, 2016, 19:46
I don't know anything about macs either but as Mask_of_Winter says click on the little folder icon to open up the folder in which FG keeps all it's resources and as damned says create your portraits folder in there if it doesn't exist already.

I clicked on the little folder icon in the upper right. It let me explore Wineskin. I located the FG folder, I believe. However, I am not able to alter anything (add folders, move JPGs there) from that interface. I have tried using Finder but it doesn't get me to the same place. I believe this has something to do with Wineskin acting like a Windows emulator. But I cannot seem to actually accomplish what is being suggested. I do appreciate the suggestions, but it seems that I am missing something in the process that is impeding my success.

damned
January 9th, 2016, 23:25
hey cdanex I dont use a Mac but Ive done this with another Mac user before... I think the FG Explorer button does not launch the Mac Finder but launches its own Explorer tool.
There is a way to edit the Wikeskin settings so it launches Finder. You can also use Finder to navigate to the applications -> wineskin folder and then drill down to you find your data path in there and then save that location. I cant recall the correct steps and paths for these but if you PM me I can look at it with you - it shouldnt take too long to find.

Mac77
September 16th, 2018, 06:05
Does anyone know how to get a portrait for BRP.? I'm used to rolemaster double click and a selection comes up.

Trenloe
September 16th, 2018, 09:09
Does anyone know how to get a portrait for BRP.? I'm used to rolemaster double click and a selection comes up.
Replied to your other post.