PDA

View Full Version : Lfg

Steelguard
January 9th, 2016, 01:05
FG License: Full
Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Prefer Sunday or Monday evenings weekly game, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.
Term: Long term
Voice: Vent, TS

Game System Preferred: Pathfinder, D&D 5E, Twilight 2000, Starwars
Game System Experience: AD&D, D&D 2nd Edition, Twilight 2000, Starwars
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Just bought FG on the steam winter sell, have not played a game yet.

Character Type Preferred: Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, Fighter

Hello all,
My name is John and I'm at the ripe old age of 41. I just purchased Fantasy Grounds over the Steam winter sell. I have not played D&D since I served in Bosnia in 2000/2001 where I ran a 2nd edition campaign for the guys in my platoon. I'm very interested in getting back into the hobby although I'm very rusty. I just purchased all the 5th edition books at my local game store and am in the process of getting back up too speed. I picked up the Pathfinder core rule book as well but I have not read it yet. I'm very interested in joining a group and making new friends.

Preferably looking for a game on Sunday or Monday evenings.

Game systems I've had experience with although its been awhile are D&D, Star Wars, Twilight 2000.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and gals =)

Thanks!

UPDATE

Joined a Sunday evening C&C group. Thank you for everyone who PM me with interest. This community is awesome.

Mask_of_winter
January 9th, 2016, 01:12
You're lucky, it's FGDaze! tomorrow. A mini-con made especially for people like you just getting back into the hobby and wanting to try out Fantasy Grounds. Sign up and come try out a game tomorrow! https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27423-FGDaze!-4-Saturday-January-9th-2016-Game-announcement-thread
Don't worry if you've never played any of those games (things have changed in the last 15 years). All GMs are friendly and eager to demo their game for you.

But most of all, welcome and good luck in your search!

Steelguard
January 9th, 2016, 01:36
Thanks for the heads up Mask!

Skellan
January 9th, 2016, 03:08
you might be interested in this

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27686-FG-DAZE-5E-Mists-of-Mwangi

Steelguard
January 9th, 2016, 04:56
Thanks for the link, is this a one shot?

damned
January 9th, 2016, 05:16
Yes this is a one shot.

Andraax
January 9th, 2016, 16:17
I have an ongoing campaign on Tuesday nights (8-11pm US/Central) that needs some new players. This is Castles and Crusades, very similar to old school D&D.

Steelguard
January 9th, 2016, 17:58
Andraax,
thank you for the Offer but I am heading to work on Tuesdays around 9pm CST. I am interested in C&C and have just recently learned about it =)

Andraax
January 9th, 2016, 18:13
It might be worthwhile for you to post when (days / times) you're available to play...

Steelguard
January 10th, 2016, 14:07
It might be worthwhile for you to post when (days / times) you're available to play...

Updated

Gnobodyukno
January 10th, 2016, 17:47
Hello Steelgaurd, Just read your post, and I am also 41. Played a bunch while in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg NC, mainly D&D 2E homebrew campaigns. Our DM was amazing. Best of luck with your search. Good to meet another Veteran RPG'er.

Eddie

Steelguard
January 10th, 2016, 19:04
Hello Steelgaurd, Just read your post, and I am also 41. Played a bunch while in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg NC, mainly D&D 2E homebrew campaigns. Our DM was amazing. Best of luck with your search. Good to meet another Veteran RPG'er.

Eddie

Good to meet you eddie! I was stationed at Ft. Campbell 1-327INF 92-96 96-03 1/179th INF

Gnobodyukno
January 10th, 2016, 19:14
Was at Ft. Bragg from 92-96 with the 1-229th Aviation Battalion and then 229th Aviation Regiment.

Steelguard
January 10th, 2016, 23:25
I graduated Airborne school in October of 92

Gnobodyukno
January 10th, 2016, 23:34
So did I, Delta Company in the class ending right before Christmas Exodus. Made it to my first perm party in January. My class must have been right after you.

taoistpunk
January 11th, 2016, 16:22
Sent you a PM Steelguard. We are looking for 1 to join our Sunday night crew.

Steelguard
January 11th, 2016, 20:21
UPDATE

Joined a Sunday evening C&C group. Thank you for everyone who PM me with interest. This community is awesome.