PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Identified items

Moonsteroony
January 8th, 2016, 12:11
Hello,

Not too long ago, I gave players magic items that were not identified. When I clicked the identified 'box', the players would see the item.

Now, even if I click the identified 'box', the item remains unidentified on the players sheet.

Is this a universal bug, or only a local one?

I've updated to windows 10 some days ago...

Cheers,

Moonsteroony

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2016, 12:35
For what ruleset?

I'm not seeing this in the 5e one. Where is the item to be identified when you click the identify button?

Moonsteroony
January 8th, 2016, 18:25
Hello,

When I 'drop' an item on a player's screen unidentified, and then identify it, all's well.

However, if the player drops the item on his sheet, and then I identify it, nothing happens; it is as if the link was broken.

I'm using the 3,5 ruleset.

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2016, 19:33
Ak, ok, I don't have the 3.5 system so I can't test it out. I'm assuming that you are doing the identifying in the player's character sheet and not on the items tab? Also it might be useful to know (for someone who is trying to replicate the problem) how the item is getting into the player's inventory without your intervention as DM.

Trenloe
January 8th, 2016, 19:37
Ak, ok, I don't have the 3.5 system so I can't test it out.
Yes you do - everyone does! ;)

Moonsteroony
January 8th, 2016, 21:00
I drag the item on the player's image and it stays on his screen. He can then drag it to his inventory.

But the same result happens if I first put the item in the PCs inventory sheet, attribute it to him specifically, or even if I put it in his inventory directly.

In all of these cases, once I click 'identify' on the item on my screen, nothing happens to his item; it remains unidentified.

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2016, 21:27
Yes you do - everyone does! ;)

Well of course I do! How stupid of me to forget :)

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2016, 21:33
I drag the item on the player's image and it stays on his screen. He can then drag it to his inventory.

But the same result happens if I first put the item in the PCs inventory sheet, attribute it to him specifically, or even if I put it in his inventory directly.

In all of these cases, once I click 'identify' on the item on my screen, nothing happens to his item; it remains unidentified.

Alright, thanks to Trenloe cutting right to the chase as usual I have had a look at this and I think I have ascertained your problem. There is currently a bug in that if a magic item is transferred to a player before it is identified either via the party sheet or by some other means the item becomes identified. Therefore clicking the identify button will do nothing since FG thinks it is already identified. You can see this if you look in the party inventory on the party sheet after you transfer a non identified item to the player (it appears there as identified). Moon Wizard has already corrected the error and it will appear in the next patch. So to avoid the bug don't transfer the item until it has been identified.

(I thought it was just a 5E problem but it looks like it's more universal than this).

Moonsteroony
January 8th, 2016, 21:38
Thank you very much! And honors to the team; I'm very impressed and satisfied with this program and have not regretted buying it! We've been playing for more than 35 years and can still do so via FG2 every week.

I will be prudent in the meantime...

WishX
February 6th, 2016, 20:40
Pardon my ignorance, but I haven't seen a way to denote any item as identified or unidentified. I've only ever used FG for 5e, but no matter whether it's an official D&D module or a homebrew, I have never seen this ability. Am I missing something obvious? I could have used this feature more times than I can count! :D

Trenloe
February 6th, 2016, 21:01
Pardon my ignorance, but I haven't seen a way to denote any item as identified or unidentified.
Set "Item: Identification" to On in the campaign settings: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Options#Game

WishX
February 6th, 2016, 21:16
Set "Item: Identification" to On in the campaign settings: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Options#Game

Son of a b... thank you so much. That one simple option has been turned off all this time. :mad: