PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Templates

Topdecker
January 8th, 2016, 04:41
So, I am just building a simple enough +1 weapon. In the magic item forge I've dropped a long sword in the left panel while the right panel wants me to drop a "Magic Item Template."

Naturally, I cannot find a collection or list of Magic Item Templates. I don't have the DMG just yet, but I do have the PHB and MM - though it seems unlikely that it will be in any of these. I was expecting a module that I would open.

Anyhow, if someone could explain where the the magic item templates are located, I would be appreciative!

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
January 8th, 2016, 05:17
Here's an example of a Weapon +1 template from the DMG. The DMG is the only module that includes templates.

Regards,
JPG

Topdecker
January 8th, 2016, 05:25
Thanks, Moon Wizard. I am planning on getting the DMG in a week or so, but I am happy to know why I could not locate the templates.

Griogre
January 8th, 2016, 17:27
Actually, anyone can make a +1 weapon in the forge. Open up the DD Basic Rules - DM to get the Weapon +1 template and then open up the DD Basic Rules Player or PH to get the Equipment.

The Basic rules has a limited amount of magic in it but it does have +1 Weapons, +1 Armor and spell scrolls templates for the item forge.

Topdecker
January 8th, 2016, 20:05
The Basic rules has a limited amount of magic in it but it does have +1 Weapons, +1 Armor and spell scrolls templates for the item forge.

Ka-ching! +1 longsword crafted - thanks! This will be easier - or at least richer - once I have the DMG

Zacchaeus
January 8th, 2016, 21:42
You can also create your own magic item templates. Click on the little 'template' button in the items dialog and you can then use that in the right hand side of the Forge. Thus if you create a +1 Sword you can use that to imbue any weapon with a +1 bonus.

Jonbens
June 13th, 2016, 02:18
I keep hearing about an Item forge and dont know where its located. Is this something that's already in Fantasy grounds or must be purchased?

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2016, 02:49
It's a feature of the 5E ruleset, and the button to access the Forge is located on the campaign items list window.

Regards,
JPG

Jonbens
June 13th, 2016, 02:52
Oh...ok its a 5th addition thing. Was hoping they had it for Pathfinder. Thanks though.

Nylanfs
June 13th, 2016, 13:26
You could use PCGen to get the same thing for Pathfinder and 5e. You would just have to transcribe manually.

Slagmoth
July 9th, 2018, 23:57
You can also create your own magic item templates. Click on the little 'template' button in the items dialog and you can then use that in the right hand side of the Forge. Thus if you create a +1 Sword you can use that to imbue any weapon with a +1 bonus.

Is it possible to create a template that adjusts the weight of the base item? As an example: the chart in the DMG on "Who made it or Who was intended to use it" Elf-Made items are half the weight of normal items.

Zacchaeus
July 10th, 2018, 00:38
The weight of an item created in the forge I believe is taken from the mundane item used. So if you create a base item of elf made longsword then add it to a longsword +1 the weight shoul be the weight of the elf made base item.

But without you making the base item there isn’t a built in template which will alter the weight.