PDA

View Full Version : #SOLVED#Corrupted graphics / fonts using remote desktop on Windows Server 2008 R2

jevel
January 6th, 2016, 18:40
Hi all, new user here.

We bought Fantasy Grounds last week, and have been running the Ultimate License client on the GM's old laptop, which was less than optimal due to lag and disconnects. I got an Intel NUC which I've been running Windows Server 2008 R2 on, and due to better hardware on this we decided to install the client here.

However when we connect to it by RDP we get some funky graphics / font glitches. All text on the main frame of the launcher is replaced by solid colored bars, and all headers on the windows like "Library", "Combat Tracker" etc. is just blank. I have attached screenshots showing the launcher and the main screen with the library and combat tracker open.

What I have tried:

Connecting from several different clients. (Windows 10, iOS, OS X and Windows 10 mobile.)
Updated graphics drivers to latest available.
Updated directX.
Updated OS
Installed the graphics hotfix to remedy graphics problems in RDP
Updated RDP services to version 8.0
Tried running FG in compability mode
Adjusted all settings in performance vs. visual effects in both directions
Tried adjusting DPI

Am I missing something here, or is this way of using FG simply not supported?

Regards, KJ

Trenloe
January 6th, 2016, 18:48
You have "Solved" in the title of this thread - have you solved it? If so, please tell us in case someone gets the same issue in future.

jevel
January 6th, 2016, 18:48
Aaand; as so many times before the solution appears mere seconds after asking for help.

Under "Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration", the session was limited to 16 bit colors. Removed this limit and everything looks normal again.

-KJ

jevel
January 6th, 2016, 18:49
You have "Solved" in the title of this thread - have you solved it? If so, please tell us in case someone gets the same issue in future.

Sorry about that. Edited the original post before I entered the solution.

-KJ