PDA

View Full Version : GM's needed

richvalle
February 25th, 2005, 13:22
Guys,

Right now there seems to be more players looking for games then there are places for them to play. One serious drawback to this software is that there is not much you can do with it when you don't have a game to hook up too! I personaly would hate buying such cool software and not being able to try it out.

I'm not sure what we can do about it though. Maybe different GM's can take turns running 'one shot' games or something? I'm working on getting a module into FG to run for friends. If it works out ok I'd be willing to run it sometime as an open one shot game. Its going to take me a while before I get to that point though.

Any other ideas?

rv

Ilwan
February 25th, 2005, 15:45
Maybe we should arrange a FG-Game Fair. Lets say 5+ GMs sign up to run a game within a week for one or two groups each. Every group would play the same game/scenario. We could repeat it later with a new game where players switch GMs and groups. That way we would get to know alot of new people and maybe join campaigns together in the future. Also the communtity would have alot in common and lots of things to talk about, if we all had played the same adventure.
I would take part in arranging such an event. We might even start a big project as "The Fantasy Grounds Gaming Community". I could contribute with creating/hosting a website and with an adventure I am writing atm. (also need playtesters for that, when its finished) I donīt think a communtity for hooking up random games and players would be the issue, but rather a community sharing games and running the same material/games, where players are switching between a group of GMs working together. That would melt us more together and we would always have ideas/experiences to share. This could also result in a "huge" game, where GMs run games and where the different groups (or the survivors) meet, be it in battle or to join arms against some evil.....dunno :o
I am also thinking of a "Adventure Challenge" where GMs are invited to participate in a challenge to create a short (one night) adventure out of some pre created maps and general background information.
Most important would be for GMs to organize and managing our worst enemy - Timezones.
There are alot of possibilities. Good initiative Richvalle, I am into it :)

Visigodo
February 25th, 2005, 15:46
Sorry my ignorance but what you mean by 'one shot' games :?:

msd
February 25th, 2005, 15:55

"One-shot" typically refers to the fact that it is a small-adventure which can usually be completed in the course of one session.

In other words, it is a single adventure that is not part of a larger campaign. You might run a purchased adventure/module as a "one-shot."

Often times, one-shots will actually have pre-generated characters so that people can literally sit down, say "ok, I'll play the sorcerer", and away things go...

richvalle
February 25th, 2005, 16:50

"One-shot" typically refers to the fact that it is a small-adventure which can usually be completed in the course of one session.

In other words, it is a single adventure that is not part of a larger campaign. You might run a purchased adventure/module as a "one-shot."

Often times, one-shots will actually have pre-generated characters so that people can literally sit down, say "ok, I'll play the sorcerer", and away things go...

Yes. As above except it might not be a game that finishes in one session. So you join a game either bringing in a pc of x level or using one supplied by the dm and play that adventure to the end.

rv

richvalle
February 25th, 2005, 16:53
There are alot of possibilities. Good initiative Richvalle, I am into it :)

Wow! I'll say you are! :)

Great ideas. I'd be willing to help out any way I can if you want to orginize things. Maybe we can get some of the other dm's to join in too. Mat has made some stand-alone maps and I know you have a lot of maps on your site.

Cool! I'm excited.

:)

rv

tdaraa
February 25th, 2005, 23:28
As soon as I get a better feel for the tool we'll give it a go.

Ilwan
February 26th, 2005, 00:14
experimented with a website tonight. Could be this one
https://www.earlsdale.com/grounds/
but I wont go further with it now, because if this is going to be reality, it will become a corporate project. This system is content management, so all GMs would be admins.

Keep the ideas coming :)

Visigodo
February 26th, 2005, 21:23
A website for this could be a great ideia, and if we could have a sort of database where i could create a character and save it that would be even better, 'one shot' game for level One character i end the game with 600xp i then could use this same character on another lv one game until i level up save it and use it for a level two game. Just an idea.

mrgrimm
March 12th, 2005, 02:25
Yeah a website is a great idea. I am game at running something, but not too keen at entering all the data I have for a great dungeon crawl idea. Maybe I will get around to it and get people through it.

Then there's the Savage Worlds conversion and maybe Arrowflight, which are going nowhere quickly, but that is just the "I don't know where to start" thinking that's stopping me. Programming has never been a forte of mine..

But, either way, if someone has a module already created I will run that until I get off my lazy butt and get my idea entered.

Mr. Grimm

richvalle
March 12th, 2005, 03:14
Msd has one created at his website www.adventuresomedreams.com. We are pretty close to getting the free one from Necromancer Games called 'Wizard's Amulet' done and will post it there as well.

rv

Sy Tarn
June 19th, 2015, 05:21
I will be DM'ing once i get into the swing of D&D again. will be creating my own campaign from start to finish. with story line, plot twists and whatnot. Full adventure. but want to at least start with a group as a player while i'm creating the campaign.

JohnD
June 19th, 2015, 05:34
Holy thread necromancy Batman!

damned
June 19th, 2015, 05:40
it must be close to a record!
Welcome Sy Tarn!

Mask_of_winter
June 19th, 2015, 06:33
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a powerful necromancer in our midst. Perhaps a Lich even. :ninja: Thread lightly.

JohnD
June 19th, 2015, 06:37
I for one welcome our new despot. Praise him/her/it.

Sy Tarn
June 20th, 2015, 03:31
thanks guys....and its he lol. ya i've got a good idea what i'm going to be doing with this campaign, and i think i will be very thorough. i've dm'd before and didn't do too shabby according to the players. its good to get back into D&D again in an easier way i think this will really bring the community of D&D alive, it was hard finding groups and moving schedules around. and then going to a persons house to play lol. but looking forward to it gents

damned
June 20th, 2015, 08:51
If you need any help or have any questions - holler - there is the odd helpful person about - and i do mean odd... very odd some of them...

Mellock
June 20th, 2015, 10:58
Lol, I read that first post and thought "Richvalle, you're back? Now there's a blast from the past". Makes me wonder what happened to him. :p

dulux-oz
June 20th, 2015, 12:29
If you need any help or have any questions - holler - there is the odd helpful person about - and i do mean odd... very odd some of them...

I hope you're not referring to me <eye twitch />
Shouldn't that be "... very odd some of us..." :p

viresanimi
June 20th, 2015, 16:13

That is definately me he is talking about!!!

Vires Animi

Sy Tarn
June 20th, 2015, 17:07
Actually guys i got an idea.....screw everyone else lol lets just all do campaign's and switch off as DM :p