PDA

View Full Version : New to fantasy grounds looking to play a game saturday/sunday Gmt time

Krispycakes
January 6th, 2016, 07:43
Hi i am new to fantasy grounds and have being looking for a game to join preferably pathfinder/dnd 5e. I am free most weekends and am willing to learn and roleplay if needed. I have had a few options that failed and its quite anoying/fustraiting expecialy when u cant fill aplications out in time and spors quickly get taken. Please please please think of me when u start a game i would love to play with experienced players. I have a little practice and both core rulebooks just need a game. Thank you for reading this and i look forwards to hopefully finding a game.

damned
January 6th, 2016, 10:30
https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/fgdaze-4-03.jpg (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27423-FGDaze!-4-Saturday-January-9th-2016-Game-announcement-thread)
FGDaze! 4 – Saturday January 9th 2016 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27423-FGDaze!-4-Saturday-January-9th-2016-Game-announcement-thread)

leozelig
January 6th, 2016, 11:39
Welcome, Krispycakes! I think what damned is trying to say is that you should be able to find a one-shot for FG Daze, which is like a mini online convention running this weekend. Check the FG Daze forum. I think you sign up using the game calendar linked at the top of the website. The games are very welcoming to new players, so if you haven't played using Fantasy Grounds before, that's a great event to help you get started!

Ellspeth
January 6th, 2016, 11:43
Hi Krispy, if you check the FG-Daze thread you will find a half dozen one shots scheduled for this coming saturday. I know at least one is full, te others all have a seat or two left. I can recommend Hendell's Fallout, an awesome adaptation of the video game, I have played in his campaign. Damned's Dungeon World is also a blast, I have played in two of them in previous FG-Daze. Mask I have heard is an excellent GM. My historical fantasy game set during the Roman invasion of Britain of course I am partial to, and being a really new GM I am more than happy to welcome in new players. In any of these you will meet other players and GM's that help build a network that will lead to future games. This is the first time I haven't seen a larger number of DnD and Pathfinder games than other systems, but at the center they are all RPG's where we can get together and create great stories and entertainment.
All that said, welcome to the community. I have been here a little over a year and have met many great players, GM's and found tons of useful help on these forums. So here is to many days of happy gaming once you find your way about.

damned
January 6th, 2016, 12:13
thank you mr zelig I did indeed mean to add more to that post :bandit:
fgdaze! and fg con are great events where GMs put on a one shot (and some gms run multiple sessions) aimed at being an easy introduction for new players to fg and new players to a system or genre.
the gms do put in a lot of effort and make a commitment to run stuff for these days so take advantage of it!

Krispycakes
January 6th, 2016, 12:17
Thanks guys i love fallout so i subscribed to that 1 :D i am looking for a long term thing though but your responce was helpfull thank u

Ellspeth
January 6th, 2016, 12:22
LOL now having talked you into it I will tell you, Hendell is a great GM, however the happier he sounds when the party makes a decision the worse it is going to be, check your ammo supplies when he says "Oh yeah, this will be fun".

Krispycakes
January 6th, 2016, 12:24
If i get to play that is lol buy yeah i will do i hope to hear from him. Thanks for the tip!

dulux-oz
January 6th, 2016, 12:50
...the happier he sounds when the party makes a decision the worse it is going to be...

Isn't that every GM???

I know my players thinks so - BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hendell
January 7th, 2016, 00:01
Your in Krispy, look forward to seeing you Saturday and trying out the game.

If you have any questions feel free to ask away or send a pm.

This is gonna be a fun run.

JohnD
January 7th, 2016, 00:03
Isn't that every GM???

I know my players thinks so - BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Damn they're on to us.