PDA

View Full Version : Re-masking what you (mistakenly) unmasked

ffujita
January 6th, 2016, 01:29
Suppose that I unmask an area, and then I wish to re-mask some small area on the map. I can unmask the whole map and then remask the whole map, and then unmask the parts that I wish to remain unmasked, but ideally, I'd like to be able to draw something like the unmasking tool, except that the effect would be to re-mask any unmasked area on the map.

Is this possible? Am I missing something? Sorry to still not know this :)

Mask_of_winter
January 6th, 2016, 01:32
Suppose that I unmask an area, and then I wish to re-mask some small area on the map. I can unmask the whole map and then remask the whole map, and then unmask the parts that I wish to remain unmasked, but ideally, I'd like to be able to draw something like the unmasking tool, except that the effect would be to re-mask any unmasked area on the map.

Is this possible? Am I missing something? Sorry to still not know this :)

Taken from the Wiki: (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Masking)
"While the masking cursor is enabled, left click, hold and drag mouse on image to unmask a rectangular region. To remask a region, hold the CTRL key while dragging the mouse. To unmask/remask a freehand region, hold the SHIFT key while dragging and draw a shape around the region to unmask/remask. Holding the SHIFT key while defining a freehand region will lock to vertical/horizontal lines."

ffujita
January 6th, 2016, 01:38
Thanks! <hangs head in shame>

damned
January 6th, 2016, 09:57
Taken from the Wiki: (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Masking)
"While the masking cursor is enabled, left click, hold and drag mouse on image to unmask a rectangular region. To remask a region, hold the CTRL key while dragging the mouse. To unmask/remask a freehand region, hold the SHIFT key while dragging and draw a shape around the region to unmask/remask. Holding the SHIFT key while defining a freehand region will lock to vertical/horizontal lines."

the wiki is obviously mistaken then...
You cant use shift to do both freehand and to lock to vertical/horizontal lines as well!
ctrl+shift does freehand remask.