PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Package Question...transfering to New PC

Justicesar
January 4th, 2016, 22:00
Really looks cool but I might be getting a new PC this summer. Would I loose everything?? I assume a few people have upgraded there system.....I just was not sure how this would shake out?

JohnD
January 4th, 2016, 22:08
Just download and install.

Zacchaeus
January 4th, 2016, 22:10
Really looks cool but I might be getting a new PC this summer. Would I loose everything?? I assume a few people have upgraded there system.....I just was not sure how this would shake out?

Hi, Justicesar and welcome to FG and to the community. Fantasy Grounds saves your campaigns every few minutes or so so everything is always there in your folder. Assuming you back up all of your data before you change to your new PC and then import that data back into your new PC you won't lose anything.

Justicesar
January 4th, 2016, 22:16
Sweet just wasn't sure if all the books....modules and such would carry over.

Moon Wizard
January 4th, 2016, 22:50
They will all be re-downloaded on your new PC, just enter your license key for the client, your forum user for FG store purchases, and be logged into Steam (if you purchased any DLC from Steam).

As Zacchaeus mentioned, just move over your FG data folder contents to the new machine.

Cheers,
JPG

Blahness98
January 5th, 2016, 01:28
As a person that clean house every few months or so, yes, just do what everyone has said. I think I have back ups of my FG data folder going back to shortly after I joined this community. It is kinda fun to go back in time and look at old campaigns and old characters used in all the campaigns that I have played in over the years.

Justicesar
January 5th, 2016, 02:01
As a person that clean house every few months or so, yes, just do what everyone has said. I think I have back ups of my FG data folder going back to shortly after I joined this community. It is kinda fun to go back in time and look at old campaigns and old characters used in all the campaigns that I have played in over the years.

Well I got the ultimate package deal...and all core 5e D&D. The learning curve is kicking my butt. I watched a lot of games hosted via twitch and they make it look so easy.

I need to watch a ton of tutorials.

The big one messing with me is getting FG to get thru my PC when I run a connection test. I get a failure and it seems I need to mess around with some program that lets it see port 1820.....whatever the heck that is.

Bleh to tired to deal with it now.....need to read and let it soak in.

Blahness98
January 5th, 2016, 02:34
The big one messing with me is getting FG to get thru my PC when I run a connection test. I get a failure and it seems I need to mess around with some program that lets it see port 1820.....whatever the heck that is.

The port is actually 1802, and if push comes to shove, drop a message to Damned. He seems to be the resident wizard when it comes to connection problems and port forwarding.

damned
January 5th, 2016, 11:56
The port is actually 1802, and if push comes to shove, drop a message to Damned. He seems to be the resident wizard when it comes to connection problems and port forwarding.

Say what? im a cleric ok! but if you need help drop me a pm.