PDA

View Full Version : New Player LFG

White_wolf
January 4th, 2016, 21:16
FG License: Full
Time Zone: EST
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I am free of the evenings most days after 6 p.m. EST. I would prefer a weekly campaign, but I'm open to others.
Term: I would prefer long-term, but I'm open to one-shots.
Voice: I have Skype, but I'm open to any software

Game System Preferred: I'm open to trying new systems, but the ones I enjoy currently are Savage Worlds, 5E, Fate, and Dragon Age.
Game System Experience: Savage Worlds, Fate, Apocalypse World games, 3.5/Pathfinder, 5E.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I am new to the software, but I think I have the basics.

Character Type Preferred: I like mixing up my character types depending on the game we're playing. Sometimes I'll play the smooth-talking "face" other times I'll be the guy who's only solution to problems is to punch them really hard.

About me: I've been playing tabletop RPGs for about 3 years now, but I got my start by RPing in online games such as Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft. I like a mix of combat and RP in my campaigns, but I do enjoy RP a bit more than combat encounters. One of the problems I'm had with a local group I was part of was that the sessions were pretty much all combat and it got a bit tiring. Anyway, I'm looking forward to gaming with you all.

Mask_of_winter
January 4th, 2016, 22:21
Welcome to the community!

Andraax
January 4th, 2016, 22:22
I have a Tuesday night game that needs a few new players. Castles & Crusades, 8-11pm US/Central.

White_wolf
January 4th, 2016, 22:37
I have a Tuesday night game that needs a few new players. Castles & Crusades, 8-11pm US/Central.
I've never played Castles and Crusades and only vaguely know if it by name, but I'd be interested in giving it a try. It's a D&D retroclone isn't?

Andraax
January 4th, 2016, 23:58
Yes; here is a link to the Quick Start (https://www.trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs/cnc_qs.pdf) rules.

damned
January 5th, 2016, 00:16
It is a very nicely done version of D&D that has elements of 1, 2 and 3 but has its own smoothed mechanics.
I like Castles & Crusades - very easy to pick up and run with if you have played any version of D&D in the past.

Asturcan
January 5th, 2016, 09:18
Hello White_wolf,

Welcome to FG. If your interested I'm trying to put together a group to play on Sunday evenings. The scheduled time would be once every two Sunday evenings starting at 7pm (GMT+2). If it fits you your welcome to join. Take a look at the following thread for more details.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27622-LFP-Need-2-Players-Sun-evening-7-PM-GMT-2-5E-LMoP&p=247151#post247151

AsturCan