PDA

View Full Version : LFM Core group Fridays 3 pm GMT+6 (CST)

chadless
January 3rd, 2016, 18:47
FG License: GM has Ultimate License so players can join with free license
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Central Time USA

Day of week and time: Fridays starting at 3 pm CST or GMT-6

Planned start date: January 8th, 2016

Planned Frequency: every other week

Term: Long term ideally. I want to get through LOMP as I am new to Fantasy Grounds. If it works out, I would like to do Out of the Abyss afterward, then ultimately a custom campaign. I would like to build a strong group of consistent players.

Text or Voice: Voice Required

Voice software used: We will start with Skype and see if the group wants to switch to something else.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50

Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 players, need 3 more

Character starting level & equipment: 2nd level with normal starting equipment

Character restrictions: Any Core classes and races for first campaign. May be more restrictive in future campaigns for lore reasons.

Details of your scenario:
The first two campaigns will be published adventures while I get a feel for Fantasy Grounds. After that, I would like to run a custom campaign, but depending on the groups desires, this may change.

What you can expect from me:

1. I will be prepared for sessions with material set up
2. I will be knowledgeable and help with any character management issues
3. I will not steam roll the party. I want the group to succeed. I am a partner in story telling, not an adversary .
4. I will not make campaigns easy, either. Be prepared to use tactics, cunning and out of the box thinking to solve problems. (face rolling won't work, especially as you get to higher levels).

I will not set a hard age requirement, but I want mature players who do not Meta-Game. The point of these campaigns will be to have fun and build interested stories filled with excitement and adventure, not min/maxing characters, exploiting out of game knowledge and combat mongering (there are many ways to solve a problem and leading you party needlessly into a death trap does not make a fun adventure). New D&D players are welcome, but please let me know.

I would prefer players who role play. By this, I don't mean you have to have excellent acting skills or do character impersonations, rather just that players put themselves in the shoes of their characters and respond accordingly. Play on your characteristics and make decisions based on what the characters see and know.

Link to Gamecalendar page: www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1771

For those intrested, please post below answering the following questions and apply on the game calendar.

The schedule time for games would be on every other Friday at 3pm CST starting on the 8th. Will this work for you?

What kind of characters do you like to play, or what kind of character would you like to play?

What is your Skype ID?

Do you have a preference for VOIP?

What kind of player are you?

Will you need help making a character, or will you be able to make one before we play?

Zombies or Robots? Why?

damned
January 4th, 2016, 00:04
Welcome chadless!
I am sure you will find a good group of players. Sometimes you will lose players due to RL or flakiness and you might have to cull one or two but you will find plenty of eager players to draw from here.
Good luck and holler if you have questions.

chadless
January 4th, 2016, 00:14
Will do and thank you.

lonelyear
January 4th, 2016, 03:31
The schedule time for games would be on every other Friday at 3pm CST starting on the 8th. Will this work for you?
Yes, The time you set works for my husband and myself
What kind of characters do you like to play, or what kind of character would you like to play?
I have played before and my characters was a cleric but my husband is wanting to try one i would rather play a ranger or warrior.
What is your Skype ID?
I do not have skype on my computer but I do have TS.
Do you have a preference for VOIP?
My preference is TeamSpeak.
What kind of player are you?
I am new to the online system but have played on pen and paper before. I am dedicated to duty and my deity but would like to try to play something else hence a ranger.
Will you need help making a character, or will you be able to make one before we play?
I have help with my character, I will need to make her before we play but if your server is up I would make her soon.
Zombies or Robots? Why?
I really don't care for either. ok take zombies they eat the living and have lost their ability to care or be compassionate. and robots are just tools programed to do something without thinking of variation or being prepared for what ifs, not thinking for themselves, and just like zombies except they don't eat.

Skillkoil
January 4th, 2016, 06:03
he schedule time for games would be on every other Friday at 3pm CST starting on the 8th. Will this work for you? Yes

What kind of characters do you like to play, or what kind of character would you like to play? I like to play sneaky and enigmatic characters. I would love to be a rogue

What is your Skype ID? I'd be glad to give this to you in private message

Do you have a preference for VOIP? I prefer the FG Teamspeak Server as it is reliable and easy to use

What kind of player are you? I am in love with role playing, I even like to role play how each attack or spell I control is done. I love immersion into the world and I love 5th Edition

Will you need help making a character, or will you be able to make one before we play? I can make one and export it I just need to know how you would like me to roll stats, roll 4d6 drop one or 15,14...etc..

Zombies or Robots? Why? Robots, they are the future and they can be whatever the imagination wants them to be. I love a good zombie but they are limited on diet :P

ArteF
January 4th, 2016, 20:11
I know I'm consistent however your time is a little off for me. The earliest I can be available on a Friday would be 4pm by your time. If that's fine for you then let me know.

I'll message you the rest of the information.

chadless
January 4th, 2016, 21:04
Thank you to all who applied, we now have a full party.