PDA

View Full Version : Our adventurers find an old map...

zprime2020
January 3rd, 2016, 14:23
What adventures await? :D

I'm playing around with GIMP, recreating some old-school maps. Enjoy!

zprime2020
January 3rd, 2016, 14:49
Here's the DM map. All done in GIMP. I've been experimenting/learning CC3 and GIMP, but find GIMP easier to control. The ready made styles are really nice in CC3 though, so I may try again with that.

I figure someone could use these in their campaign, so might as well share.

damned
January 4th, 2016, 00:23
Thank you for sharing zprime2020

Moepsii
January 4th, 2016, 13:39
Nicely done thou it seems like youre switching views around which is not a bad thing but i wonder if you want to be consistent with the design by just choosing the birds eye view or more like an Strategy Game View approach. Just being curious because this is giving myself a headache to when i create maps and design stuff. I always happen to mix these 2 styles up.

zprime2020
January 4th, 2016, 14:46
Thanks Moepsii.

As for the view switching, you'll have to open a copy of the 'Keep on the Borderlands' adventure to crack that mystery! :D It's just an updated version of the original old-school D&D map, converted for practice. Right now I've got a decent working version of the Keep map, and I'm working on the Caves of Chaos in Campaign Cartographer 3+...I think I'll go back to GIMP.

Moepsii
January 4th, 2016, 15:15
Ah iam rather new to this whole thing so i dont know much about that. Imho it is very much worth it to learn the process in GIMP/Photoshop whatever other program that is aviable to you, so Iam interested to see more of your progress.

Trenloe
January 4th, 2016, 19:03
I'm working on the Caves of Chaos in Campaign Cartographer 3+...
If you haven't done so already, check out Joe Sweeney's excellent video tutorials on youtube. The dungeon map tutorial is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1FFD4E50759762F1