PDA

View Full Version : LFG: Saturday mornings, weekly, DnD 5/3.5, Pathfinder, ready to commit :)

stoto
January 2nd, 2016, 15:01
Hello,

My name is ST and I just found out about FantasyGrounds. I am 33yo and I reside in NC. I am a chemist and in my free time I love playing video games (mostly RPGs, latest Divinity Original Sin), and watch TV series with my wife.

I love fantasy and SciFi literature. DnD was always a part of my reading. I read most of Salvatore's work and plenty more. Right now I am reading the Wheel of Time series. Whatever chance I can get to be part in one of these adventures really excites me, and DnD has a solid manner to achieve this.
I played the 3.5 DnD version and I ve done lots of reading a decade ago, but after that life happened. Now I rediscovered the 5th edition and started reading again. Also I used to play Star Wars Saga Edition.

My favorite class was always a human or dwarf Paladin by the name Sotor or Sotorius. I speak the truth, keep my word, help those in need, and speak out against injustice. My lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. I would be the son of a farmer, who tries to bring justice in our village after seeing the local ruler treating my fellows in the most cruel manner. After my failed attempt to overthrow the local monarch, I would have to run and hide until the moment I was strong enough and keep my promise to bring him to justice.

Saturday mornings work great with me. I drive my wife at work at 8am and then I am free to play !

sincerely,

ST

damned
January 3rd, 2016, 01:04
Welcome Stoto the Valorious
Make sure you apply to games that GMs advertise dorectly. Apply in the threads, send them a PM and apply on Calendar.

Also consider trying something that is out of your usual experience and meet some new players.

And next weekend we have a bunch of One Shots running which are all newbie friendly.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27423-FGDaze!-4-Saturday-January-9th-2016-Game-announcement-thread

Historical Fantasy in Roman Britain
The Magnificent Seven - with a Deadlands Twist
Chronicles of Darkness (WoD/nWoD)
Fallout played as an RPG
Shadow of the Demon Lord
Dungeon World fantasy role playing

stoto
January 3rd, 2016, 03:20
Thank you very much ! This is great and very helpful !

Ellspeth
January 3rd, 2016, 14:05
Hi Stoto, I am not the GM but he posted several openings in his Saturday night game I play with him, times are Eastern, pretty funny group. Don't name your character Kenny though, we already have one, he is due to die again soon. This is the link to the forum thread on the game. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Mask-AP/page2 This is Pathfinder, what you said you most prefer, but also as Damned said a bunch of one shots on the 9th including the one I am running at 10 EST, very newbie friendly.

stoto
January 3rd, 2016, 15:37
Thank you so much for the reply. Fantasy Grounds community proved to be so helpful, supportive and nice. I found a session for this Saturday, but I can check your game for the 16th. Again thanks and happy new year !

Ellspeth
January 3rd, 2016, 21:28
I saw you signed up for Hendell's Fallout game for FG_Daze, excellent choice, I played in his Fallout campaign, still do. Word to the wise, the happier he sounds when the party makes a decision, the more likely it is going to get VERY bad for the party. Have fun.

stoto
January 4th, 2016, 00:55
Ha ha, thanks for the advise. i hope to meet you also in one of the sessions around here. The FG community proved to be so helpful !