PDA

View Full Version : Question about NPCs

JohnnFour
January 2nd, 2016, 06:00
Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing FG for my 5E campaign.

I want to use FG mainly to organize my NPCs and help run them during sessions.

I create NPCs using PC rules from the PHB.

My question is, does FG support complete NPC stat blocks, with magic items, spells, equipment, etc? Can I view NPCs fast and easy to get full spell descriptions, magic items descriptions, etc.?

Thanks.

Johnn

damned
January 2nd, 2016, 06:08
No. Not as NPCs. NPCs in FG are specced as per monsters in the Monster Manual.
You can spec them as PCs though if you want them as fully specced entities.

Are you intending to run the game through FG or use FG as a GM aid?
If the later then that would work pretty well.
If the former the only extra thing to do is to join as a player and select each of the NPCs so that the players cant select them and see all their good bits...

JohnnFour
January 2nd, 2016, 06:11
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll be using it at the game table for my face-to-face game.

Is there a max number of PCs you can have in a campaign or accessible to you when running the software?

damned
January 2nd, 2016, 06:16
I dont know... there might be but I imagine it would be fairly high... they are just another set of db records....

JohnnFour
January 2nd, 2016, 15:24
Also, is it possible to export NPCs? To txt or Word or PDF?

JohnD
January 2nd, 2016, 22:17
Well you can export PCs to an XML file.

You can also make yourself an NPC module by exporting the NPCs you've created via /export and then selecting NPCs. This allows you to open that module and have those NPCs in another campaign.

Zacchaeus
January 2nd, 2016, 22:30
Also, is it possible to export NPCs? To txt or Word or PDF?

It isn't possible to export to a text or word file but I believe this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22440-5E-Character-sheet-from-XML) will allow you to create a pdf file which can then be printed out. As JohnD says you can export NPCs into an xml file which can then be imported into another campaign

damned
January 3rd, 2016, 00:39
This is the tool you want.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27390-Universal-Character-Sheet-Printer-for-FG
You can create your own char sheet templates and you can create them for other rulesets too.

JohnnFour
January 3rd, 2016, 19:46
Thanks guys!