PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to sit in a game?

Justhorn31
January 2nd, 2016, 04:16
I am an old school player,dm for years back in my day, trying to get back into things. Just dropped 300 bones on this plus some modules, wondering if its possible for someone to just sit in and monitor a game, kind of watch it,listen to it live?

Thanks,
Justin

dulux-oz
January 2nd, 2016, 04:21
Hi Justhorn,

Yes, it is possible to connect ot a game and just sit there doing nothing but watch - the person simply doesn't pick/create a character but instead just closes the Character Selection Window.

Let me encourage you and your players, if you haven't done so already, to watch some of the excelent Tutorial Videos available on the FG Wiki. damned's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below). Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG foprm the basis of just about all the RPGs we play with FG, and by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll lrearn about 80% of what you need to know to play any RPG with FG.

Cheers

damned
January 2nd, 2016, 05:24
I am an old school player,dm for years back in my day, trying to get back into things. Just dropped 300 bones on this plus some modules, wondering if its possible for someone to just sit in and monitor a game, kind of watch it,listen to it live?

Thanks,
Justin

Hi Justhorn31 and welcome. What timezone are you in and when are you looking to be able to do this.
Additionally if you are otherwise at your computer you can login on the community teamspeak server (ts.fg-con.com / Dungeoneers) and lurk in Open Chat or LFG and you might be able to pick up a willing GM whilst there.
Id be happy to let you sit in on one of my sessions but I dont have anything on till next weekend.

bigboom
January 2nd, 2016, 13:44
Hi Justhorn31, welcome! I'd also suggest signing up for a oneshot game or two during the upcoming FG Daze event on Jan 9th. Some of the awesome GMs around here will be running games with various RPG rulesets and in various settings that day, most of which (if not all) are beginner friendly. That's pretty much how I learned. Fantasy Grounds is a great and powerful tool but was quite confusing for me initially. However, I dived in during one of these community events and signed up for a handful of one-shot sessions. I had a blast and everyone was friendly, helping to ease me up the learning curve.

Here's a link to damned's FG Daze game announcement thread. If the timing works for you, check it out!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27423-FGDaze!-4-Saturday-January-9th-2016-Game-announcement-thread