PDA

View Full Version : PFS 7-06: To Judge a Soul, Part 1: The Lost Legacy (Subtier 3-7, NORMAL)

lachancery
January 1st, 2016, 23:26
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 3–7.

When a samsaran dies, he is reborn again with few memories of his past lives. The cycle continues until he has earned a righteous place in the afterlife. After years of service and lifetimes of accomplishment, Venture-Captain Bakten nears the end of his noble existence and has begun investigating his past lives as a means of understanding Tian Xia's rich history. However, he cannot complete his research alone, and only with the PCs' assistance can they decipher the region's past.

"The Lost Legacy" is the first scenario in the two-part To Judge a Soul campaign arc. It is followed by Pathfinder Society Scenario #7-08: To Judge a Soul, Part 2: Karma Reclaimed and is intended to be played in order.

Written by Scott Sharplin.

Calendar for signups: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1765

Please post your interest below along with portrait / XML / previous chronicle.

xazil
January 2nd, 2016, 01:28
I should be able to come along. :)

HoloGnome
January 2nd, 2016, 02:27
Already played. But if you don't fill up, let me know.

Malkavian_Andi
January 2nd, 2016, 03:06
I'm interested. Do you plan to run the second part shortly after, and if so, when will that be?

lachancery
January 2nd, 2016, 03:15
I'm interested. Do you plan to run the second part shortly after, and if so, when will that be?
Yes, likely the week after, same day, same time.

bigboom
January 2nd, 2016, 03:56
Unfortunately, I can't make it on this date, unless it starts a couple hours earlier.

But I'll possibly be free the week after so I'll keep an eye out for open spaces when you do part 2!

Blackfoot
January 2nd, 2016, 04:52
Sign me up... I'll need to figure out who to bring.. I have several in the range.

Malkavian_Andi
January 2nd, 2016, 06:20
I'll have to take a good look at my characters, too. Anybody already have a preference for either subtier?

Rose Claymore
January 2nd, 2016, 06:50
A game I haven't played during a time I'm available? I'm in!

Are we looking for characters in the 3-4 or 6-7 range?

Lord Kavos
January 2nd, 2016, 08:23
I'm in for either tier... Have Ulfgar lvl 6 drunken barbarian / brawler or Ember lvl 4 swashbuckler / dawn flower dervish

xazil
January 2nd, 2016, 11:38
Either tier for myself also.

Malkavian_Andi
January 2nd, 2016, 13:23
Looking at my characters, I'm tending towards higher subtier, because I have a level 7 character that might be fun to play. I also have lower-level charaters, though, so no problem if somebody needs to play low tier.

Blackfoot
January 2nd, 2016, 14:37
I have folks available for either tier and have no real preference.High TierGarbunkle Male Gnome Two Weapon Fighter/7.0
Prindlemire Male Gnome Sorcerer/6.0
Inquisitor Stick Male Tengu Inquisitor/6.0Either TierGrum the Thug Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug)/5.0Low TierSpirit Walker Male Gnome Spirit Totem Barbarian/4.0
Daydrocandri Male Gnome Oracle/3.1
Thumpinollo Male Gnome Sacred Shield Paladin/3.0
Thoom Male Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain/3.0

lachancery
January 2nd, 2016, 16:34
Heads up: after reading about this scenario, I'm adding a "Lethal tag" to it. Bring in well-built, versatile characters. If the party can play either subtiers equally, the 6-7 may be more forgiving or easier to recover from death.

Blackfoot
January 2nd, 2016, 18:15
And here I was thinking this was going to be a research mission.. all libraries and studying tomes.

Malkavian_Andi
January 2nd, 2016, 20:46
It's like when Drendle Dreng tells you it's going to be a routine mission :P

Rose Claymore
January 2nd, 2016, 21:10
Well, Wirble is still level 7. Everyone loves gnome pirate alchemists!

Malkavian_Andi
January 2nd, 2016, 23:11
Here's my stuff. Mr. Tickles is Jianbao's familiar. Most times, I won't need him to be present on the map, but you never know.

lachancery
January 3rd, 2016, 02:19
Well, Wirble is still level 7. Everyone loves gnome pirate alchemists!
For nostalgia's sake, I went to look at my files for PFS2-01 Bloodcove Disguise and found Wirble's 4th chronicle sheet, dated Nov. 24 2012... It's only three years ago, it feels like ages already. That was my first time GMing PFS.

Blackfoot
January 3rd, 2016, 02:20
Here's Garby's Info.
Garbunkle's Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I9_4DSavVmgcAKmu0naYfAuMXY_D0cP4SHPMjOAx-QU/edit?usp=sharing)

Rose Claymore
January 3rd, 2016, 03:34
Here's Wirbel has he is now... and has been for almost exactly the past 2 years. I hadn't realized how long it had been. I don't have an inventory tracking heed for him and he was listed as still being in Andoran faction. I updated him to reflect Grand Lodge, but don't know what else I need to do. I'm not really familiar with online procedure.

Rose Claymore
January 3rd, 2016, 03:44
For nostalgia's sake, I went to look at my files for PFS2-01 Bloodcove Disguise and found Wirble's 4th chronicle sheet, dated Nov. 24 2012... It's only three years ago, it feels like ages already. That was my first time GMing PFS.

Nice. I think that was Wirbel's first time on FG. Only second level and pretending to be a pirate in a pirate port run by the Aspis. Now he's got his own ship (the Sundowner), has sprouted wings and carries around a potion of "happy thoughts" (potion of fly) so other ranged types can keep up with him. Thanks to liberal use of alchemical allocation elixirs that potion is probably all backwash by now but it still works!

Unfortunately I never got to play him enough to earn the Captain boon from the Andoran faction. But you can call him captain anyway.

Rose Claymore
January 3rd, 2016, 03:55
Oh no!

I was just going over Wirbel's chronicle sheets and it looks like there was one I hadn't added to his journal in Hero Lab. It's from a module so on the upside he did in fact earn the 40 fame he needed to get that captain boon, but it also makes him level 8 and unable to play in this scenario. I'm looking over my other characters to see who might be in range on the high subtier.

Rose Claymore
January 3rd, 2016, 04:24
Okay, I have a level 6 Cleric of Sarenrae, and a level 6 telekineticist.

I'm leaning toward the telekineticist but I have no idea if FG supports the mechanics from Occult Adventures.

xazil
January 3rd, 2016, 04:28
Most of it is fine, burn is one thing you basically have to handle manually although.

Rose Claymore
January 3rd, 2016, 04:43
Burn is a very important part of my character, but I only use it once at the start of the day to boost my temp hp "armor" power and get the boosts to my attack and damage and bonuses to Dex and Con. These then last all day and I never use burn again since I can reduce the amount I need to trigger any of my talents/infusions by their base costs. Would it be easier if I toggle on all of these in Hero Lab before I export, or will I need to make modifications after he's in FG?

lachancery
January 3rd, 2016, 06:22
Okay, I have a level 6 Cleric of Sarenrae, and a level 6 telekineticist.

I'm leaning toward the telekineticist but I have no idea if FG supports the mechanics from Occult Adventures.
The three other characters seem focused on melee; both characters would complement (ranged or support/healing).

xazil
January 3rd, 2016, 07:06
From the flavour end I'd probably like to bring my Wayang Samurai as he is from that area and is a tank/pet setup.

My other characters in the region are also melee focused to extents. Druid, Alchemist and Bard.

xazil
January 3rd, 2016, 07:09
Burn is a very important part of my character, but I only use it once at the start of the day to boost my temp hp "armor" power and get the boosts to my attack and damage and bonuses to Dex and Con. These then last all day and I never use burn again since I can reduce the amount I need to trigger any of my talents/infusions by their base costs. Would it be easier if I toggle on all of these in Hero Lab before I export, or will I need to make modifications after he's in FG? The two ways to really do burn are either do subdual damage to yourself and manually fix it every time you are healed or you can reduce your max hp, but keep the real total in a note and remind the GM of it if you go down that you are only unconscious.

Lord Kavos
January 3rd, 2016, 07:10
Seeing we are leaning towards the higher tier, here are Ulfgar's files...

Rose Claymore
January 3rd, 2016, 10:59
The two ways to really do burn are either do subdual damage to yourself and manually fix it every time you are healed or you can reduce your max hp, but keep the real total in a note and remind the GM of it if you go down that you are only unconscious.

After thinking about it, it might be easier for me just to leave the HP totals as is, and just remember the threshold I full unconscious at.

Rose Claymore
January 3rd, 2016, 13:06
Introducing Zantilni!

She often goes by just "Z", Zantilni discovered her telekinetic talents as a child. As a result she became quite the prankster. Unsatisfied with simple jests and telekinetic teasing, Z sought out the life of an adventurer and eventually crossed paths with a group of young Pathfinders. Inspired by stories of their exploits, as few as modest as they might have been, Z traveled immediately to Absalom and signed up. Since then she's done little official work for the Society, though she's made extensive use of the skills she picked up at the Grand Lodge following her own pursuits and further developing her telekinetic talents.

Malkavian_Andi
January 4th, 2016, 01:06
For the burn, I'd go for giving yourself nonlethal damage and adjusting it manually anytime you get healed. Also maybe put an effect or other kind of counter somewhere so you don't forget how much burn you have.
The rest of the kineticist is quite simple, the blasts can either be made as weapons or as spells, depending on how you like it better. Many of the other classes seem a bit trickier to me.

Lord Kavos
January 4th, 2016, 10:33
Introducing Ulfgar Longarm...

Ulfgar stands almost 7' tall, broad and muscular, with wild kept red hair and a bushy beard typical of most Ulfen men. A massive axe-like pole arm (Bardiche) is commonly at hand, and a gleaming greataxe is strapped across his back across heavy animal pelts that cover his legs and torso. Several pitchers and wineskins hang from his belt, along with a wooden keg tied to the top of his backpack.

A lover of Cayden Cailean and her brew, Ulfgar is able to use his prodigious drinking to fuel his anger and rage, downing pitchers and wineskins during the heat of battle without any loss of fighting prowess. He is a true drunken barbarian, quick to fight - his hot-blooded nature akin to all who inhabit the arctic north. But he is almost as quick to forget, his drunken demeanour bright and happy when not threatened.

"Hellooo, I am Ulfgar...I am Ulfen, from the frozen north. I like drinking and fighting and wrestling and drinking and fighting and wrestling and drinking..."

Malkavian_Andi
January 4th, 2016, 14:11
Looks like I'm in good company then. Jianbao loves both pranksters and drinking.
He's a young tian man, wearing a simple monk's outfit and a traditional straw hat. What's unusual about this is the mithral chain shirt he wears underneath and a belt that ends in an appendage that is positioned to look like a monkey's tail. He also wears an amulet depicting a monkey. And speaking of monkeys, there's an actual monkey climbing around Jianbao's shoulders.
Jianbao's movements seem very agile and swift.

"Hi, I'm Jianbao, priest of the Monkey King. Let's get drunk and then see how much fun we can get out of our next mission."

xazil
January 4th, 2016, 15:14
Hearing takes of ale and battle a strange dwarf, covered various flasks and vials wanders over. Speaking through the cigar hanging from his lips he greets the group, bowing slightly letting you notice the eagle's wings folded over his back. "Ulheim by name, alchemist by game. I may have some drinks on me that could interest you as well my fellows. I have simple meads for social encounters, some nice lambic and even shots of Icecap Ale for more exciting times"

Rose Claymore
January 4th, 2016, 20:36
lachancery, what do you need from me as far as chronicle sheets, equipment tracking goes? As it stands, I've only ever played Z twice, both at first level, and the rest of GM credit from running modules. Technically she has a chronicle sheet but no equipment tracker (yet).

lachancery
January 4th, 2016, 21:10
lachancery, what do you need from me as far as chronicle sheets, equipment tracking goes? As it stands, I've only ever played Z twice, both at first level, and the rest of GM credit from running modules. Technically she has a chronicle sheet but no equipment tracker (yet).
I'm not motivated in auditing your PFS paperwork for this scenario; just scan/take picture of the last chronicle sheet to ease my preparation of your chronicle sheet for this scenario. Thanks.

Blackfoot
January 4th, 2016, 21:25
Hrm... is it me.. or does it look like we don't have any sort of healer.

Wait... Malkavian_Andi's character has some cleric in there... uhh.. I'm not sure how much that helps. :)

lachancery
January 4th, 2016, 22:15
Could you load Z's character into FG and go through it please? She doesn't have any weapon/spell configured.

I'm not very familiar with the kineticist; what provides the misc +12 AC bonus? There's also a +15 HP?

Rose Claymore
January 4th, 2016, 22:44
Could you load Z's character into FG and go through it please? She doesn't have any weapon/spell configured.

I'm not very familiar with the kineticist; what provides the misc +12 AC bonus? There's also a +15 HP?

I'm going over it now. Looks like it just converted weird.

Malkavian_Andi
January 4th, 2016, 23:42
Wait... Malkavian_Andi's character has some cleric in there... uhh.. I'm not sure how much that helps.It's one level of cleric. That helps with activating Wands of Cure light Wounds (which I have one of), plus a little bit channel for 1d6 ^^

lachancery
January 5th, 2016, 00:46
I'm going over it now. Looks like it just converted weird.
That was my first hunch, but wondered if there wasn't anything specific with telekineticists.

Rose Claymore
January 5th, 2016, 01:17
Z is updated here.

Hopefully everything adds up now. I removed the extra +12 to AC and corrected HP to reflect how her kinetic powers work. Added her telekinetic blast to reflect the bonuses from elemental overflow. HP should be 75, plus 15 temp, with 18 points of nonlethal due to 3 burn. The temp HP are from Force Ward, which adds 6 +3/point of burn, which is where her starting burn comes from. Almost always (I can't imagine an exception) she'll start each day activating her ward with 3 burn, and if necessary suppress the overflow effects outside of combat (with the net effect of a -1 to Dex & Con checks until she spends an immediate action to restart the overflow). She might suppress the overflow if she needs to be exceptionally stealthy or is meeting with someone diplomatically in someplace important, otherwise her hair and clothing are constantly flapping about as if in a gentle to strong breeze, and tiny objects in her square tend to float a few inches off the ground (like Tetsuo from Akira, but a bit less dramatic unless she's using Gather Power).

The HP will be tricky to monitor. Due to the burn, she has 18 points of nonlethal damage which cannot be healing, so if she receives healing in game I'll need to reset that. If she accepts more burn during play she'll end up with more nonlethal damage to keep track off. Her temp HP from the Force Ward recover at a rate of 2/min. If an attack doesn't penetrate all the way through the temp HP from the Ward, it still subtracts from the HP but otherwise counts as a miss for determining other effects.

I've added in spells for some of her most commonly used TK abilities, most importantly Foe Throw which requires a Fort save (she specifies target 1, if it fails the fort save, she throws it at target 2 (or just off a bridge I guess). The throw requires an attack roll, and if it hits both targets take damage and target one falls prone. If it misses, target 1 can land anywhere in the path and is not prone but takes half damage (I have no idea how to make a half damage effect though). She could instead just use Pushing to bull rush a target in addition to the normal damage, or extend the range of the blast to 120 feet. Each of these abilities require burn, but she gets one free burn per round so the range and push are free if used alone, and the for throw only uses one. Z and use Gather Power to reduce the costs of any burn by an additional 1 as a move action, as is my preferred method of using for throw.

Other abilities (which usually don't use burn, for some super fun times) are TK Finesse which allows me to use fine manipulation within "close range" such as Sleight of Hand and Disable Devise, TK Haul which increase the objects I can life/throw to 100 lbs/level (so 600 lbs), or 1000 lbs/level if I accept 1 burn. And my favorite, Self TK, which isn't flight so much as it's hurl myself in a straight line up to 60 ft as a standard action. I'm looking forward to a pair of of slippers of spider climbing someday.

Lord Kavos
January 5th, 2016, 01:22
It's one level of cleric. That helps with activating Wands of Cure light Wounds (which I have one of), plus a little bit channel for 1d6 ^^

Ulfgar can drink healing potions as a move action & head butt or grapple the bad guys as required...

bigboom
January 5th, 2016, 17:40
My schedule has opened up and so I'm free to join this one and have signed up on the calendar. I'll get together my characters details and post it here within a couple days!

lachancery
January 5th, 2016, 18:34
Welcome to the game! The subtier is definitely 6-7 based on the other characters.

If you have different options at that level; the group so far is combat focused, heavier on melee than range. From a quick look at the party sheet, there are gaps in social and knowledge skills, and only secondary healing.

Rose Claymore
January 5th, 2016, 21:57
I think I forgot to add in my Metakinesis ability to Empower my blast at the cost of 1 burn. According to the FAQ, I can use Gather Power to reduce this burn cost, which is awesome. Since this is just a minor enough change, I can wait until game day to add it in, but I have no idea how to code it in other than to just add in an empowered version of the attack. I'd appreciate any help in this. Thanks.

bigboom
January 6th, 2016, 01:43
Welcome to the game! The subtier is definitely 6-7 based on the other characters.

If you have different options at that level; the group so far is combat focused, heavier on melee than range. From a quick look at the party sheet, there are gaps in social and knowledge skills, and only secondary healing.

I have only two characters higher than level 1. One is a rogue dedicated to an ongoing campaign.

And second is a swashbuckler just recently leveled to 5. He's got social skills, a few knowledge skills that swashbucklers typically have, and UMD. If he doesn't qualify for this table, I could play with a pregen instead and apply the chronicle to a level 1 character.

lachancery
January 6th, 2016, 03:34
And second is a swashbuckler just recently leveled to 5. He's got social skills, a few knowledge skills that swashbucklers typically have, and UMD. If he doesn't qualify for this table, I could play with a pregen instead and apply the chronicle to a level 1 character.
Hmm, you can bring your swashbuckler and get Out-Of-Subtier credit since the scenario is 3rd to 7th level. Of course, a 5th level melee character playing at subtier 6-7 is riskier, but you don't have to play a pregen.

This party does scream for Kyra the cleric though. ;)

Let me know, so I can get the pregen ready if it's not been built into FG already.

Blackfoot
January 6th, 2016, 04:29
Kyra!!

Rose Claymore
January 6th, 2016, 07:09
This party does scream for Kyra the cleric though. ;).

Kyra!!

Literally.

bigboom
January 6th, 2016, 11:11
Ok, pregen Kyra it is! lachancery, since I'm playing a pregen where the chronicle will be applied to a level 1 character, what info do you need? I assume just the chronicle sheet of that level 1 character?

Too bad for Thaddeus...he's also a perpetually drinking/drunk character, like many of this party's members. He's totally missing out!

Hmmmm...perhaps Kyra will be annoyed she's been thrown together with a group of uncouth drunkards! Actually, that gives me an idea for a new character...

On a more serious note, I'm not too familiar with playing a cleric and tend to not play caster classes at all. So I may need a bit of coaching and advice during scenario, especially with respect to casting mechanics.

Blackfoot
January 6th, 2016, 13:45
You can apply the chronicle to one of your characters when they turn level 7 instead if you want.

HoloGnome
January 6th, 2016, 16:06
On a more serious note, I'm not too familiar with playing a cleric and tend to not play caster classes at all. So I may need a bit of coaching and advice during scenario, especially with respect to casting mechanics.

The biggest thing to note would be that if you happen to get an overnight, you may want to swap some of Kyra's spells. Have a look at the Cleric spell list. For example, one classic Kyra replacement is Blessing of Fervor (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blessing-of-fervor) at 4th level. So, be sure to look over the full spell lists on d20 or nethys.

Rose Claymore
January 6th, 2016, 20:31
Clerics are generally fairly simple. The fast number of spells available can be intimidating, but unless you are looking for something special, sticking with the CRB is just fine. Kyra's default spells prepared, while not optimized, are all still good selections for most scenarios. If given the change though, I'd swap out all of the prepared cure spells for some other buff or utility.

Level 1: remove fear, protection from evil, or summon monster I
Level 2: bear's endurance, cat's grace, lesser restoration* or shield other
Level 3: daylight*, magic circle against evil* or prayer
Level 4: dismissal, restoration or spell immunity (blessing of fervor is also excellent)
*Kyra has scrolls or potions of these spells too

Thanks to her phylactery of positive channeling she heals 6d6 with each channel, and has selective channeling so can heal the group in combat while excluding enemies (up to 2). And all her cure spells are considered empowered, so we shouldn't be wanting for hit points provided we survive an encounter.

Rose Claymore
January 6th, 2016, 20:33
Speaking of buffs, there's some equipment I forgot to buy. Since I've already provided my last chronicle sheet, will I have time to pick up a few things before or at the start of the scenario? Basically it's just a wand and a few potions.

bigboom
January 7th, 2016, 17:46
HG and Dust Raven: Thanks for the advice. Will see how the scenario goes and if an overnight is presents itself.

Blackfoot: Thanks for the advice! I'll stick to applying the chronicle to a level 1 though.

Lord Kavos
January 8th, 2016, 00:11
Sorry to do this guys but I'm going to have to pull out - my family just changed the date of a birthday party to Sunday (instead of sat as it was) - so won't be available to play in the current times lot.

Again sorry for the late notice

lachancery
January 8th, 2016, 05:06
Sorry to do this guys but I'm going to have to pull out - my family just changed the date of a birthday party to Sunday (instead of sat as it was) - so won't be available to play in the current times lot.
Ahhhh, family, always pestering with a gamer's schedule! ;) Enjoy the party, mate.

lachancery
January 8th, 2016, 05:14
Ok, pregen Kyra it is! lachancery, since I'm playing a pregen where the chronicle will be applied to a level 1 character, what info do you need? I assume just the chronicle sheet of that level 1 character?

If this will be the first chronicle sheet for the character you'll be applying it to, I just need these info:

Player Name:
Character Name:
Pathfinder Society #(including character number after dash):
Faction:

If it won't be the first chronicle sheet, I only need the last chronicle sheet.

Lord Kavos
January 8th, 2016, 09:36
The family have changed the party back to Saturday, so I am able to play again if u haven't allocated my spot to someone else...

Blackfoot
January 8th, 2016, 09:37
Dang fickle family. :)

lachancery
January 8th, 2016, 11:43
The family have changed the party back to Saturday, so I am able to play again if u haven't allocated my spot to someone else...
Haha! Alright then, welcome back to the game! Can you resign-up on the Game Calendar please?

Lord Kavos
January 8th, 2016, 13:35
Haha! Alright then, welcome back to the game! Can you resign-up on the Game Calendar please?

done

bigboom
January 8th, 2016, 16:02
If this will be the first chronicle sheet for the character you'll be applying it to, I just need these info:

Player Name:
Character Name:
Pathfinder Society #(including character number after dash):
Faction:

If it won't be the first chronicle sheet, I only need the last chronicle sheet.

Yep, it'll be the first chronicle sheet

Player Name: bigboom
Character Name: Diego Dashkey
Pathfinder Society #194657-4
Faction: The Exchange

lachancery
January 8th, 2016, 19:32
Character Name: Diego Dashkey
Faction: The Exchange
Haha! Just with that name, I'm curious to hear about that character... :)

bigboom
January 9th, 2016, 07:18
I've got a rogue in HG's emerald spire group but since that rogue is dedicated to that dungeon, I've decided to build another version of him for play outside of that dungeon. So Diego Dashkey is one part burglar, one part scoundrel, and one part (wannabe) lady's man....errrr...lady's half-orc.

And my mistake. I did actually play Diego for the first time the other week, so he has a grand total of 1 chronicle! I've attached it.

Blackfoot
January 9th, 2016, 14:09
Wait.. can you DO that with a Pregen? I thought they either had to be applied 'at level' or to a 'brand new' 1st level character.

bigboom
January 9th, 2016, 14:17
Yep. Non-lvl 1 chronicles can be applied to a level 1 character. Per the guide, pg 21:

You may also opt instead to apply the Chronicle sheets earned with a non-1st-level pregenerated character to a 1st-level character with the amount of gp gained reduced, and any character specific boons earned must wait to be utilized until the character is of the same level as the subtier on the Chronicle sheet unless otherwise noted. You do not lose access to any of the Prestige Points, or items listed on the Chronicle sheets that were earned during the adventure, but you do forego downtime.

So basically, the gold is reduced, there is no day job roll, and I suppose also no potential faction reward either.

Malkavian_Andi
January 9th, 2016, 17:36
And also, any boons don't apply until the character reaches the chronicle's tier.

lachancery
January 9th, 2016, 21:47
Ack! Family emergency just crapped the rest of my day and it's very unlikely I'll be back to run game tonight. My apologies for the inconvenience. Since I was planning to run the part 2 scenario at the same time next week, I've added that time to the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1765); could you all indicate if we can reschedule then? And I've also added the following Saturday as time slot for part 2 to schedule that as well.

There's an interesting oriental (tien) feel to these scenario; looking forward to roleplay them together!

xazil
January 9th, 2016, 22:02
Sorry to hear, I should be good for the alternate time.

Rose Claymore
January 9th, 2016, 23:38
Bummer. Hope everything is OK

So no game today, but pt 1 next week, and pt 2 the weekend after?

Blackfoot
January 10th, 2016, 01:30
Hopefully the emergency was nothing too serious.
I should be good for the alternate dates.

bigboom
January 10th, 2016, 06:44
Hope things turn out OK for you. It'll take me a day or two before I can confirm the new times, but will vote as soon as I know!

Lord Kavos
January 11th, 2016, 11:01
This weekend would have to start a couple of hours earlier for me to play...another one of those pesky family birthdays...

bigboom
January 11th, 2016, 17:10
It's looking like I can't join this weekend but can join the weekend after. I'll put in my votes on the calendar entry.

Lord Kavos
January 11th, 2016, 23:30
I can do the week after also

Rose Claymore
January 12th, 2016, 06:00
For the near future, I have Saturdays wide open. So as long as we can play on Sat, I can play any time. Sunday would be a good alt day for me.

xazil
January 12th, 2016, 06:15
The original proposed time(s) were good for me, earlier games run into one of my campaign games and the day after is my monday (a work day).

Blackfoot
January 12th, 2016, 07:54
I have cleared Saturday Night with the boss... so I'm good with the schedule as listed.

Lord Kavos
January 13th, 2016, 09:26
Hi guys,

I would love to play, but I would need to finish 4-4.5hrs in max. And thats turn computer off and go.

That may mean Ulfgar's departure at an opportune moment in the final encounter, so I leave it up to you all to decide if you want him along. Or want to open the slot for someone else.

Cheers.

xazil
January 13th, 2016, 10:48
We could always finish part 1 in the second session and continue onto part 2?

Lord Kavos
January 16th, 2016, 10:44
So with bigboom out and my early finish , is the game still on for tmrw?

lachancery
January 16th, 2016, 13:37
Apologies for lack of feedback this week - been busy with our office move.

In my mind, I was thinking we'll be playing next week since everyone's available and schedule for the following week for the sequel if it works out with everyone's schedule. I'll go update the game calendar along those lines.

Malkavian_Andi
January 16th, 2016, 15:01
ok, so see you all next week then :)

Rose Claymore
January 16th, 2016, 17:12
So no game tonight? Kinda frustrating, but it might work for me. I've been invited to another game today at a local store and if it runs late I won't have to leave early. Hopefully everything will work out well for next week.

lachancery
January 16th, 2016, 20:08
Since we have one player who couldn't tonight, and one who needed to end early, it sounds definitely better to have it next week. Sorry for not communicating this conclusion clearly, earlier.

Rose Claymore
January 17th, 2016, 00:07
Okay, funny story. I got to my local game store and found out the scenario they're running is To Judge a Soul pt 1. So I'd kinda just played it. On the upside, I have two GM replays available to me and I'm willing to use them, but I'd need to play a different character. Alternately I can either bow out or fill the table with a pregen. I'd prefer to play as a pregen rather than use one of my stars for a reply (saving those for modules if I can), but ultimately wouldn't mind playing this again as according to our GM we missed/skipped over a lot due to time constraints.

bigboom
January 17th, 2016, 02:46
Alternately I can either bow out or fill the table with a pregen. I'd prefer to play as a pregen rather than use one of my stars for a reply

If Dust Raven plays with a pregen, then I believe that frees me up to play my actual character, rather than play a pregen myself?

At the end of the day, I'd rather play my character than a pregen, if possible.

Rose Claymore
January 17th, 2016, 04:26
If Dust Raven plays with a pregen, then I believe that frees me up to play my actual character, rather than play a pregen myself?

At the end of the day, I'd rather play my character than a pregen, if possible.

I'd be happy to play Kyra! I'd still prefer to play up so I get the level 7 version of her, but either way is fine.

xazil
January 17th, 2016, 14:16
... I'd prefer to play as a pregen rather than use one of my stars for a reply... I don't believe using a pre-gen gets around having to use up one of your replays btw.

Malkavian_Andi
January 17th, 2016, 20:01
Sure, he can just play for no credit. But if the pregen dies, he would still have to assign the death to a new character number.

Rose Claymore
January 17th, 2016, 22:41
Yep, I only have to use a star if I'm replaying for credit. Otherwise I can only replay to fill the table to a playable size, subject to GM approval.

xazil
January 17th, 2016, 23:01
Yeah, I knew about the fillable table size, but always figured it meant when you had 3 players or less and needed to get to 4. Not complaining just getting understanding from the VC/L/Os in the audience. :)

bigboom
January 20th, 2016, 09:36
Some family matters have come up this weekend, so I may have to withdraw from this weekend (Jan 23/24). So if I can't make it, please go ahead without me and I'll join the following weekend (Jan 30/31) if part 2 is held then and if there's space. Sorry for the inconvenience guys!

lachancery
January 22nd, 2016, 03:37
Confirming Saturday. I have the PCs sent to me a few weeks ago entered in the campaign. If you have played your character since, please post updated information.

Rose Claymore
January 22nd, 2016, 05:52
The only thing changing for me is I'll be playing the pregen Kyra, and figuring out what number to assign it to if she dies, provided no one else needs my spot.

xazil
January 22nd, 2016, 14:16
No changes to Ulheim. Should be all good.

Malkavian_Andi
January 22nd, 2016, 14:48
I might apply a GM chronicle to Jianbao, mostly depending on whether I get enough players for the game tomorrow.
Won't change too much, though, I suppose.

Lord Kavos
January 22nd, 2016, 20:04
Same for Ulfgar - only change will be to the chronicle number - finally got my boon chronicle from fg on, adding that to Ulfgar (no change to the xml)

lachancery
January 23rd, 2016, 16:37
All: Life strikes again!!! The in laws have decided that tonight was when my wife's birthday had to be celebrated. I have asked HoloGnome, who has played this scenario, if he would be willing to step in to run it and he's accepted, provided the players are ok with the swap of GM.

Please post (or PM) if you prefer playing tonight with HG, or rescheduling to next Saturday.

xazil
January 23rd, 2016, 16:45
I am happy to go with the consensus.

Malkavian_Andi
January 23rd, 2016, 17:25
I'm ok with the change of GM.

Also, I applied a GM chronicle for a scenario I ran today to my character. I'll upload it as soon as I get to scan it. (There'll be no change to the XML, just a little bit more gold to spend.)

Malkavian_Andi
January 23rd, 2016, 19:16
There we go, here's Jianboa's chronicle sheet from today:

HoloGnome
January 23rd, 2016, 19:57
Happy to do it (and I have already played this scenario).

I would like to know as soon as possible, since I will have to do some pre-game prep. Thanks! Looking forward to it and happy to help out!

xazil
January 23rd, 2016, 20:15
Thanks for the offer to do it. :)

Rose Claymore
January 23rd, 2016, 21:09
I'm ok with an alternate GM. Same start time tonight?

HoloGnome
January 23rd, 2016, 21:39
So...I spaced that I have a game this afternoon. I can do it, but I will have minimum prep time. I will try to prep in parallel, I guess.

Rose Claymore
January 23rd, 2016, 22:19
Oh, since we have a new GM, I just wanted to double check and make sure HG was aware I've recently played this scenario at a local game store, but had already signed up here and didn't want to back out unless someone needed my spot since I'm now playing for no credit.

Lord Kavos
January 23rd, 2016, 22:50
Welcome on board HG!

Blackfoot
January 24th, 2016, 01:41
I'm not going to be able to make it tonight.

HoloGnome
January 24th, 2016, 01:57
Dust Raven - you may be able to use a GM Star replay. Otherwise - perfectly OK to play, but no spoilers. ;)

BF: Sorry to hear that.

Unless we pick up some extra players, the party will be in 4-player adjustment mode. I posted in the announcement forum.

HoloGnome
January 24th, 2016, 09:23
Congrats everyone on a successful run! :) I have reported this game.

Rose Claymore
January 25th, 2016, 00:59
Sorry have needing to leave a bit early last night. It was a fun run! Apparently when I played this earlier, the fight on the bridge was run a bit less than as written, so it was great seeing how it could have gone.

Lord Kavos
January 27th, 2016, 01:54
Hi guys, looks like I am out for part 2 - have a work function I cannot get out of sorry...

HoloGnome
January 27th, 2016, 02:48
For those who played Part 1, I am working on the chronicles tonight and should have them to you soon. I think I have all the necessary info from lachancery and hopefully on the notes tab. Also, lachancery will be running Part 2, of course. I was just the stand-in. :)

bigboom
January 27th, 2016, 02:56
Hi guys, looks like I am out for part 2 - have a work function I cannot get out of sorry...

As far as I know, part 2 hasn't been scheduled yet. So perhaps you may still make it!

lachancery
January 27th, 2016, 03:29
As far as I know, part 2 hasn't been scheduled yet. So perhaps you may still make it!
I think he meant next Saturday, which was still penciled in on the Game Calendar. I too have a work function that got organized, and the following Saturday is my father-in-law's 75th birthday.

Do you guys have availabilities on other evenings, such as Thursday, Friday or Sunday?

xazil
January 27th, 2016, 04:11
For me, pretty much no as all of those days fall during my work time. The original time slots are normally free.

HoloGnome
January 27th, 2016, 05:58
I have finished generating the chronicles for TJAS, Part 1. Let me know if you need any changes. Hope you all have fun with Part 2.

Malkavian_Andi
January 27th, 2016, 08:04
As those evening times are night for me, I'm pretty free on any day, unless I have something important the next day, but that's not a thing that comes up every week, so it would depend on the actual date.

Malkavian_Andi
January 27th, 2016, 08:08
HoloGnome, it seems you didn't notice me posting a new latest chronicle for Jianbao, so some parts of my chronicle will have to be redone.
There we go, here's Jianboa's chronicle sheet from today:

Lord Kavos
January 27th, 2016, 08:53
Put up some times & I will see if I can make any of them buddy

Blackfoot
January 27th, 2016, 14:17
Since I missed the 1st part .. I'm thinking I'm now out on this one.

HoloGnome
January 27th, 2016, 16:25
HoloGnome, it seems you didn't notice me posting a new latest chronicle for Jianbao, so some parts of my chronicle will have to be redone.

Yes - sorry - I didn't notice. I searched and found the one from the character posting and thought that was the only one. But...no worries. I'll do it now.

--> OK...you're all fixed up! :)

Malkavian_Andi
January 27th, 2016, 17:04
no problem ^^

so, here's the chronicle for Yves to take a look, and of course my updated xml.

Malkavian_Andi
January 31st, 2016, 20:27
Any news on when we'll play part 2?

HoloGnome
February 4th, 2016, 01:54
Yves and I have been talking and, assuming there are no objections, I am willing to also run Part 2...and it will probably end up being sometime next week, if possible. It looks like there is a full table.

Dust Raven, Malkavian_Andi, Lord Kavos, xazil, bigboom and antlord (welcome!)

bigboom
February 4th, 2016, 05:22
I wasn't in part 1, but if someone who did play in part 1 decides to join, I'm happy to step aside so that they can finish the series. Just let me know!

HoloGnome
February 4th, 2016, 09:49
OK...Vhok as Seoni played part 1. Vhok - are you playing part 2?

antlord
February 4th, 2016, 23:17
thanks for the invite! also just to make sure this is for a lvl 3 guy right?

Rose Claymore
February 6th, 2016, 06:27
Yay!

Yves and I have been talking and, assuming there are no objections, I am willing to also run Part 2...and it will probably end up being sometime next week, if possible. It looks like there is a full table.

Dust Raven, Malkavian_Andi, Lord Kavos, xazil, bigboom and antlord (welcome!)

Malkavian_Andi
February 6th, 2016, 07:56
Sounds good. Looking forward to it :)

HoloGnome
February 8th, 2016, 17:22
So...I think my only 2 possible days are tomorrow or Wednesday for this one. Yves - can you add me a player so that I can throw up some times? May still need your help on winnowing the times, once people start voting.

But, for those of you who see this, if you can post your windows of availability over the next 2 days, that would help me. Thx!

Malkavian_Andi
February 8th, 2016, 21:42
Depends largely on the time for me. US evening times should be free, as those are night times for me, so nothing else planned there.

Lord Kavos
February 8th, 2016, 23:34
Generally through the week is bad for me, us times means I'm playing in the mornings my time & that would interfere with work through the week.

Put the times u have in mind on the calendar, but I doubt if I can play over the next couple of days

xazil
February 8th, 2016, 23:35
This goes into my normal work time. I do have the ability to move my hours around although but do need some certainty and small amount of prior warning before I do.

HoloGnome
February 9th, 2016, 01:00
Well...I'm busy this entire weekend coming up (and Valentine's Day anyway for those of you that celebrate it). The following weekend is possible if only weekend times will work. I'll post some new times shortly.

antlord
February 9th, 2016, 03:44
Anytime after 430 works for me (PST)

HoloGnome
February 10th, 2016, 15:53
I have invited everyone to a new calendar posting here:

To Judge a Soul, Part 2: Karma Reclaimed (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1832)

Please accept the invitation and vote on the times. Hopefully, it will work out. Tomorrow is my only available day this week.

bigboom
February 10th, 2016, 16:57
Unfortunately, I can't make those times. But if you've got enough people for a table, please do go forward! Besides, it's looking like I won't be able to join any games this weekend.

Lord Kavos
February 10th, 2016, 21:37
Hi all,

I can't make any of those times either sorry. Real world getting in the way again - work is a bitch sometimes, but it helps to pay the bills...

xazil
February 10th, 2016, 23:25
The times are the middle of my work day too, although I can flexi-time around them.

HoloGnome
February 11th, 2016, 02:29
OK - sounds like we have to do it next week. I don't have any free time this weekend. No problem. I'll put some other times up. Just be sure to join the new game. ;)

HoloGnome
February 16th, 2016, 17:27
It looks like I am home this weekend, so I will be able to run TJAS, Part 2 - perhaps Friday evening US time or over the weekend. I will put up some times.

HoloGnome
February 16th, 2016, 21:24
I have posted times for Friday. See the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1832).

Also, it looks like we might have room for 1 more person. 2 people have still not confirmed the calendar invitation.

This game will be on the upper sub-tier and pregen/7 is always a possibility.

HoloGnome
February 17th, 2016, 00:47
I added times for the following day since xazil can't make it.

Lord Kavos
February 17th, 2016, 06:09
Yea I can't make the first day either...

HoloGnome
February 17th, 2016, 07:05
OK - I have removed the incompatible times.

bigboom
February 17th, 2016, 07:23
Of the three times currently posted, I'm OK with any of them. If it's all the same to everyone else, I prefer the latest time slot but ultimately all three are fine for me.

Malkavian_Andi
February 17th, 2016, 07:43
I'm in favor of the later times, too, as I there's an event I'm going to before that.

HoloGnome
February 17th, 2016, 17:28
It looks like we may have room for 1 or 2 more people, if anyone is interested. If those currently listed do not join the calendar and vote by tomorrow AM my time, I will take subs.

HoloGnome
February 18th, 2016, 02:54
OK - looks good - we have a time for 5 of you. We also have room for 1 more player.

Antlord, are you playing a pregen/7?

HoloGnome
February 18th, 2016, 11:44
OK - I think we have picked up Sam Guerra as a 6th, so we should have a full table. There is room for 1 alternate, just in case (but no guarantees, of course).

antlord
February 18th, 2016, 14:03
Was going to go ninja but I can fill in with what ever we need

Sam Guerra
February 18th, 2016, 16:08
is this a continuing thread for *PFS #7-08: To Judge a Soul, Part 2: Karma Reclaimed (st6-7, NORMAL, 1XP/2PP?

HoloGnome
February 18th, 2016, 17:11
Sam - yes - this is the correct thread.

It looks like we are all set with 6 confirmed and the APL is exactly 6.

I think the party wants to play at the later time, from what I saw above. However, I'll leave the earlier time on the calendar, since all have approved, and have the game up and be ready so that people can log in and check out their characters, etc. Once everyone has mustered, we can start. If that ends up being at the later time, that's fine with me.

In terms of time expectations, I recently ran this scenario at a CON and it was exactly 4 hrs. without the optional encounter.

Lord Kavos
February 19th, 2016, 11:57
no changes to Ulfgar buddy (i bought back the potions he used last adventure)

HoloGnome
February 19th, 2016, 15:10
okey dokey - if anyone else has character changes, please email the new versions of the xmls. Also, AntLord and Sam - please post or send me your characters and previous chronicles. Thx! AntLord - if you want to switch to a pregen at game time, there are some options. I think the party will be down a full cleric or full arcane type - so Kyra, Seoni, Ezren are all good choices for pregens.

bigboom
February 19th, 2016, 15:15
My swashbuckler has leveled quite a bit since I last played him in one of your sessions. I'll work on the xml and get back to you, along with the last chronicle.

Malkavian_Andi
February 19th, 2016, 15:26
As I already posted before, there are a few minor changes to Jianbao.
To be sure, here's his most recent XML again.

Sam Guerra
February 19th, 2016, 23:20
only change is buying a weapon cord. Also do you use Farnaby's speelbook and PFrpg advanace rules mods

bigboom
February 20th, 2016, 05:38
Here is my character's token, XML, and last chronicle. Seeya soon!

HoloGnome
February 20th, 2016, 09:25
antlord - it looks like the party needs a cleric or maybe a full arcane caster.

There are 2 barbarians, a swashbuckler, a (mostly) ninja and an alchemist so far.

antlord
February 20th, 2016, 17:16
Ok I'll write up a cleric right now. I'll send it to you right after. Sorry for the late response my computer is being lame right now

HoloGnome
February 20th, 2016, 17:20
No worries. There is nothing to write up - this is PFS. If you want to play a cleric, it will be the Kyra/7 pregen. Or, if you want a Sorcerer, it is Seoni/7. I have both of them already loaded.

antlord
February 20th, 2016, 17:22
Well that's even better. I'll run the cleric if that's OK.

HoloGnome
February 20th, 2016, 21:50
Sure - no prob.

Lord Kavos
February 21st, 2016, 01:16
Thaddeus, we are all on ready to go buddy...

bigboom
February 21st, 2016, 01:38
Thaddeus, we are all on ready to go buddy...

Apologies for the wait. The group got together a tad earlier than I expected.

Or as Thaddeus might say, "A thaaad earlier than I expected...."

(Woo!! Yay for rum-drunken half-orc swashbuckler humor!!)

HoloGnome
February 21st, 2016, 16:22
Haha!

Nice game, everyone! Good job on the mission success! :)

I have reported this game and should have your chronicles out to you soon.

HoloGnome
February 25th, 2016, 17:38
I have sent out all the chronicles for this session - if you need any changes, let me know. Note that the Spirits of the Past boon does not require you to select a legend unless you are a Medium.

Also - antlord - you were able to get 3 encounters for 1XP despite the connection/computer trouble. You had 2 combat encounters and 1 other encounter that contributed to your gp award and secondary success, so it clearly counts as an encounter for the purposes of XP. Hope you are able to fix the cpu thermal issue soon.

bigboom
March 13th, 2016, 14:43
Are there any plans or interest in another Part 1 session? Just checking since I missed it due to scheduling difficulties. If not, no worries!!

HoloGnome
March 13th, 2016, 17:10
I'd be willing to run it again in a few months...maybe June-July timeframe. I have run the series twice since the start of the year.