PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars D6 - Starships

Arion
January 1st, 2016, 20:26
I am planning a D6 Star Wars game, and the ruleset by Valerian is fantastic in almost every respect. The one obvious exception is that of starships. There will almost certainly be a fair amount of space combat, but at the moment there is no sheet for starships showing the appropriate stats.

I am not capable of programming a new sheet, so i will ask those who have used the ruleset: How have you done it?

Redemption77
January 2nd, 2016, 00:47
I have no answer for you on that aspect but were you able to get the ruleset to work well in the new FG? Does the modifier box still cover much of the chat box in your version?

damned
January 2nd, 2016, 11:37
I am planning a D6 Star Wars game, and the ruleset by Valerian is fantastic in almost every respect. The one obvious exception is that of starships. There will almost certainly be a fair amount of space combat, but at the moment there is no sheet for starships showing the appropriate stats.

I am not capable of programming a new sheet, so i will ask those who have used the ruleset: How have you done it?

Forgive my noob questions...
Are your starships NPCs (eg they could be combatants) or equipment (they could be weapons wielded by a PC or NPC) or vehicles (primarily transport oriented) or other?

Nylanfs
January 2nd, 2016, 15:47
The answer is yes.

In WEG d6 ships were both transport and characters :)

Arion
January 2nd, 2016, 16:07
I have no answer for you on that aspect but were you able to get the ruleset to work well in the new FG? Does the modifier box still cover much of the chat box in your version?

No problem on either my laptop or PC!

Forgive my noob questions...
Are your starships NPCs (eg they could be combatants) or equipment (they could be weapons wielded by a PC or NPC) or vehicles (primarily transport oriented) or other?

All really. Ships have standard stats:

Sublight speed
Maneuver
Hull
Shields
Weapon: Fire Control
Weapon: Damage code

The above are all standard D6 dice + pips, and each individual weapon has a separate FC and Dam.

Each ship also has a hyperspace multiplier, which is 1/2, 1, 2, 3 etc

Ideally this would probably be an "item" so that it could be shared with all characters, so that the pilot can roll the maneuver etc.

I thought about creating a GM character and adding the above stats as "Skills", but i cannot work out a way to share a GM character with all players.

damned
January 3rd, 2016, 01:36
ruleset link?

Arion
January 3rd, 2016, 19:05
ruleset link?

This one:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_Star_Wars_d6