PDA

View Full Version : New User - D20 Modern

Frodie
January 1st, 2016, 15:21
I am new user, so sorry for the question. I got FG on Steam and I also got the d20 Modern data-set. But I can't find out how to access the material.

Diceman
January 1st, 2016, 16:25
I am new user, so sorry for the question. I got FG on Steam and I also got the d20 Modern data-set. But I can't find out how to access the material.

I don't use steam to access FG so there may be steps involved that I am unaware of. I will assume you are using a demo license or bought/subscribed to a license.

Once you load up the interface and log in make sure you press the check for updates button. FG will check your user account and add any new data sets you bought.

Start a new campaign. Once that is loaded open the library tab. Press the modules button. Look for the d20 modern set and open the little book. It will load the data set into your campaign

if you have not done so already watch the tutorial videos from the wiki. That will explain most of it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos

Good luck and Happy New Year.

Frodie
January 1st, 2016, 17:27
I got the basic pack, I guess the players (about $30). I looked and it doesn't seem to be anywhere. I tried to load the 3.5 setting to see if it was hidden in the rules set, but nothing. I checked steam and it says it's installed. So IDK.

Trenloe
January 1st, 2016, 20:27
Are you running on a Mac or a PC? If a Mac, then Steam DLC is not compatible - you will need to email [email protected] detailing your purchase and they'll add your product(s) to your FG account so you can get them via the update process.

If you're running a PC, you'll need to have the Steam client installed and logged in (the FG update process connects to this) and have Enabled Steam DLC selected in the settings window. Then run an update. This should download the ruleset and it should then be available for you in the rulesets list in the Create New Campaign window.

Nylanfs
January 2nd, 2016, 04:19
is d20 modern one of the older ones where you have to manually install from a zip file?

Diceman
January 2nd, 2016, 05:42
is d20 modern one of the older ones where you have to manually install from a zip file?

I bought d20 modern about a week ago. I did not need to install it. Once I made the purchase and started up FG there was an update available which installed my purchase.

Diceman
January 2nd, 2016, 05:48
Double post....

Frodie
January 2nd, 2016, 14:34
Thank you everyone, the issue for me was to make sure the check box to install Steam DLC was not checked. All good now. Thank you again.

ProfDogg
October 2nd, 2018, 02:58
How functional is d20 Modern in comparison to the more up to date rulesets? I just discovered the d20 Grim Tales RPG amd it is a d20 Modern derivative.

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2018, 08:50
How functional is d20 Modern in comparison to the more up to date rulesets? I just discovered the d20 Grim Tales RPG amd it is a d20 Modern derivative.
It won't have the drag/drop level of functionality that the 5E ruleset has. But, it's based on top of CoreRPG, so you get a lot of the nice things already (unlike older rulesets that were developed before CoreRPG) and looking at the screenshots in the store entry here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=DGA054 there's a lot of functionality and data in there - it looks very similar to the 3.5E ruleset, but with more data.