PDA

View Full Version : Small Req - Custom Decal

Sigurd
January 1st, 2016, 04:21
I imagine this is possible through stealth and cunning but I don't think that ultimately serves the program.

What I would like is a separate Decal directory. Keep the official decals and don't let me screw them up, but give me a second directory that I can put appropriate files in to display on my table. You can even default away from the custom decals at any time, just let me reestablish the image when I want to.

I want this if a player has a birthday, if my hamster is sick and needs the power of prayer... :) or any reason to share an image out to my players that is mostly social.

I don't know how big a change this would represent but it seems right that is is a thoughtful element of the main program. It's not a huge thing for me. You have to figure out what the program does if the file doesn't work, maybe display the default or a 'you have a problem' image. I'd leave the modules and official products their own category of images done precisely the way they are, just give the DMs a choice for their table.

Sigurd.

Moon Wizard
January 1st, 2016, 04:52
It's something I've been thinking a lot about, but no current plans for any architectural changes pre-Unity.

We'll probably look at this as a likely short term goal after initial Unity release. I really like options to customize the user or campaign experience.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
January 1st, 2016, 07:46
Until if/when something like a directory to put images in is available, you can create your own custom decals via extensions. Info in the "Custom Decal Tutorial" section here: https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/

LordEntrails
January 7th, 2016, 22:38
Sigurd, it's really easy to do. I created an extension in a few hours using the tutorial Trenloe pointed you to. And almost all of that time was actually spent in creating the images, not in creating the xml/extension. Post if you have any questions or problems getting it to work.

damned
January 7th, 2016, 23:17
yep the extension itself will only take you 15mins....