PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Number of Targets for a Fireball spell can not be targeted in FG.

Baron28
December 31st, 2015, 16:43
The maximum number of targets that can be targeted by a fireball spell can not be targeted in the combat tracker in FG. Please test and report your findings, devs. Thanks.

Trenloe
December 31st, 2015, 16:45
The maximum number of targets that can be targeted by a fireball spell can not be targeted in the combat tracker in FG. Please test and report your findings, devs. Thanks.
Which ruleset?

Is this jus trying to target via the CT or is the same issue if you try to target them via linked tokens on a map?

Baron28
December 31st, 2015, 17:46
Which ruleset?

Is this jus trying to target via the CT or is the same issue if you try to target them via linked tokens on a map?

D&D 5E. Happens when you click on the linked tokens on the map. There appears to a maximum number of linked tokens you can target that is less than the max you could target for a fireball spell.

Zacchaeus
December 31st, 2015, 18:15
I'm up to 60, which isn't the maximum but is practically fine in game terms I'd have thought.

EDIT: Now I'm up to 78 and struggling to get any more in the circle so I'd say there's no apparent limit and if there is it's way above what you can get inside a 20' radius fireball.

Trenloe
December 31st, 2015, 18:20
Assuming a 20 foot radius provides space for 52 medium creatures in a 2D plane, then FG covers this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/5E/Fireball%20Targets.jpg

It's feasible that with smaller creatures and/or looking at the area in 3D that there could be more than this if they're all packed in like sardines - or would that be a swarm of sardines? ;)

@Baron28 - how many targets within a 20 foot radius are you expecting? Where limit (i.e. the number of targets) do you encounter?

There probably is some limit in the software, but 60 (as found by Zacchaeus) seems to be much more than would be usually needed.

damned
January 1st, 2016, 00:26
talk about min/max-ing!

Mask_of_winter
January 1st, 2016, 00:36
On a battlefield or using a mass mind-manipulation magic item it should be possible to line them up just right! *pushes glasses up on my nose*

JohnD
January 1st, 2016, 01:06
Stack 'em and whack 'em boys!