PDA

View Full Version : Establishing NPC Hostility

kbranden
December 30th, 2015, 21:29
Is there a way to pre-establish an NPC's hostility that way when you add them to the combat tracker they are already set to that hostility mode.

I was wanting a clear method to indicate that a certain token (NPC/Creature) was dead without removing the token all together. My first thought was to actually have all enemies have a Yellow background (by setting them neutral) and then when they died turn them to hostile (red color). It was just a work around for the problem itself, but, it seems like all in the encounter automatically goes in as hostile color, so then I would have to change all to tokens yellow before starting the round. It would be nice to be able to select whether the NPC is hostile, faction, friendly or neutral when creating the encounter initially.

Probably the best idea for future versions would be to add 'Dead' to the little helmet selection and make that background color purple or something and have the combat tracker automatically pass it if dead. Also, you could have it automatically change to 'Dead' if it hits 0 hit points. Just an idea.

Perhaps some of you would have another idea on this?

Thanks.

Zacchaeus
December 30th, 2015, 21:52
Why don't you turn them yellow when they die? And if I might ask why do you need them still on the Combat Tracker once they are dead?

Here's the link to the ideas (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/) so you can suggest it there.

kbranden
December 30th, 2015, 21:59
Why don't you turn them yellow when they die? And if I might ask why do you need them still on the Combat Tracker once they are dead?

Here's the link to the ideas (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/) so you can suggest it there.

Yeah, I could and I will probably have to do that, I just think that red would suggest more 'dead' than yellow would. Will in that thought, I started digging deeper into the capabilities and got into the 'wouldn't it be nice' thoughts. The reason I need them in the combat tracker, is because if you remove them, the token disappears from the game board. Which, might lead to the next question "Why do you need tokens out there if they are dead?" And that is because it would be nice in instances of searching the dead and running into traps, etc. Thanks for the link. My initial idea of posting wasn't to give out suggestions, but rather ask if there was a way to do it. It just ended up being a suggestion as my brain was spinning. ;)

Zacchaeus
December 30th, 2015, 22:12
One possibility then would be to turn them invisible (by clicking the eye next to their name on the CT) once they die and if you have the setting 'Turn: skip hidden actor' on then they'll be skipped when it comes around to there turn again. (Now I don't know which ruleset you are using so I don't know if that option is available to you). Once the combat is over you can make them all visible again.

Skellan
December 30th, 2015, 22:18
The savage worlds ruleset has a feature that leaves a bloodsplat mark when dead beasties are removed from the combat tracker. This is probably the coolest mod I have seen. I am not sure how difficult it would be to add this feature to 5E.

kbranden
December 30th, 2015, 22:28
One possibility then would be to turn them invisible (by clicking the eye next to their name on the CT) once they die and if you have the setting 'Turn: skip hidden actor' on then they'll be skipped when it comes around to there turn again. (Now I don't know which ruleset you are using so I don't know if that option is available to you). Once the combat is over you can make them all visible again.

That's actually a good idea Zacc. I'm using 5e and I just checked and that setting is there. I'll give that a try and see how it works. Thanks.

kbranden
December 30th, 2015, 22:28
The savage worlds ruleset has a feature that leaves a bloodsplat mark when dead beasties are removed from the combat tracker. This is probably the coolest mod I have seen. I am not sure how difficult it would be to add this feature to 5E.

Yeah.. that would be nice!