PDA

View Full Version : AGE System/Fantasy Age

Niven81
December 30th, 2015, 00:06
Is anyone working or is there a release for a Fantasy Age/Dragon Age/Titansgrave/Age System ruleset? My group has been thinking of trying it out but at the moment it seems like Roll20 is the only way and none of us want that (well Bob does but he's special).

Arion
January 1st, 2016, 20:17
Is anyone working or is there a release for a Fantasy Age/Dragon Age/Titansgrave/Age System ruleset? My group has been thinking of trying it out but at the moment it seems like Roll20 is the only way and none of us want that (well Bob does but he's special).

It is very easy to do in CoreRPG. There was an extension created that allows you to do the stunt dice. I will try and find a link.

Arion
January 2nd, 2016, 16:10
This might be of interest:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25238-Fantasy-AGE

Niven81
January 2nd, 2016, 22:58
Awesome, thanks for the help Arion!

Ctmega
February 17th, 2017, 02:14
Did this fall off the radar? I would love to see a generic AGE ruleset for FG. I am happy to assist however I can (Even if that means working to get Green Ronin onboard). Considering all of the folks in the community that could assist, and the potential of bringing some attention to a great lightweight system, it should be a slam dunk for the Green Ronin team.

I am going to try to dig into this myself but if there is some kind of organized push it will probably yield better results.

Thanks!

damned
February 17th, 2017, 06:09
Welcome Ctmega you can play Fantasy Age with MoreCore and the Red D6 extension.
I keep meaning to roll that one into MoreCore - better do that tonight before I forget again.

Create your Roll, name it and use the string /die 2d6+1d1006

Ctmega
February 17th, 2017, 20:22
Thanks for the reply damned!

I have tried the approach recommended in your reply and found it quite lacking. Though the ability to present the stunt die is critical to the core experience, it is a far cry from what I would consider the full potential for supporting this system on FG. I take a tremendous amount of value out of the integrations with 5e and other supported rulesets that help to streamline not only the prep as a GM/DM but also in actual play sessions. The automation built in to FG for native supported rulesets is (to me) the core value of fantasy grounds. Without this capability there are few (if any) differentiators between Fantasy Grounds and it's direct competition when talking about systems like Fantasy Age.

As mentioned in my previous post, I am happy to assist and bring some skillset to bear on this challenge around light programming and general diligence of following up with Green Ronin and hopefully helping them to see the value of this type of partnership if that is a blocker. I have already begun this process by reaching out through the Green Ronin on their forums and through email. Not sure how that will pan out but we'll see.

Thanks!

Trenloe
February 17th, 2017, 20:29
Probably worth asking here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25238-Fantasy-AGE

damned
February 18th, 2017, 04:26
I spoke with Green Ronin last year and they seemed to think there was a ruleset already in the works but Ive not seen or heard any mention since.
You are welcome to build a full ruleset you dont need any publisher support or permission.
In the meantime I know others who do play Fantasy Age with MoreCore.

Ghost Matter
June 3rd, 2017, 06:02
Any news? I'm just Roll20 for my new Blue Rose one-shot because it already has a Fantasy AGE sheet. If it becomes a campaign, it'll be much easier for me to build a character sheet using Roll20 too. I'm not interested in using the Generic CoreRPG sheet at the moment.

But I miss Fantasy Grounds. It's so much better when the game system is set up.

Niven81
June 7th, 2017, 00:56
Any news? I'm just Roll20 for my new Blue Rose one-shot because it already has a Fantasy AGE sheet. If it becomes a campaign, it'll be much easier for me to build a character sheet using Roll20 too. I'm not interested in using the Generic CoreRPG sheet at the moment.

But I miss Fantasy Grounds. It's so much better when the game system is set up.

I haven't heard anything but when is this roll20 and is there places?

Ghost Matter
June 7th, 2017, 06:35
I haven't heard anything but when is this roll20 and is there places?

Sometime soon, but it's in French.

damned
January 25th, 2018, 12:38
There is now a Fantasy Age dice roll in MoreCore

vegaserik
January 26th, 2018, 04:35
Cool!!

Art Wendorf
July 7th, 2019, 15:59
There is now a Fantasy Age dice roll in MoreCoreSorry to come on so late, but: How does one use it? Is it /Die d1006? Gosh, wish I was at my home computer right now.

damned
July 7th, 2019, 16:05
/stunt 1d6+(p1)d1006
using Roll Parameters
and you set p1 to be your dicepool -1
or something like that
it should make sense when you are in front of the computer

vegaserik
July 8th, 2019, 03:26
I have the attribute rolls set as /die 2d6+1d3006+(p1) then the focuses I have as /mod 2 then you just fill in the attribute value on the character sheet. So when I roll I click the + button by the focus, then the die by the attribute. It rolls 3d6 (changing the third die blue for stunt points) adding 2 for the focus and whatever the attribute value is for a total roll. I made each attribute and focus as a die roll so I can just drag them onto the character sheet and npc sheet. I included Income as an attribute on the sheet because I set it up for Expanse.

Die Rolls
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5fneqftudaengx/Expanse%20Rolls.mod?dl=0

Expanse Basic Sheet - no graphic changes from the original MoreCore
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6w950qewfqzueru/Expanse%20Char%20Sheet.xml?dl=0

damned
July 8th, 2019, 04:18
I have the attribute rolls set as /die 2d6+1d3006+(p1) then the focuses I have as /mod 2 then you just fill in the attribute value on the character sheet. So when I roll I click the + button by the focus, then the die by the attribute. It rolls 3d6 (changing the third die blue for stunt points) adding 2 for the focus and whatever the attribute value is for a total roll. I made each attribute and focus as a die roll so I can just drag them onto the character sheet and npc sheet. I included Income as an attribute on the sheet because I set it up for Expanse.

That wont give you an accurate result.
The standard d6 is the stunt die so there should be only 1d6 and the other dice should be 1006/2006/3006/4006 (whichever colour suits you)

vegaserik
July 8th, 2019, 08:01
That wont give you an accurate result.
The standard d6 is the stunt die so there should be only 1d6 and the other dice should be 1006/2006/3006/4006 (whichever colour suits you)

Works for me, it's 3d6 total, so 2d6 plus the stunt die.

damned
July 8th, 2019, 12:54
The reason it wont work is that the standard d6 will explode on 6s. All of the standard d6s will explode.

vegaserik
July 8th, 2019, 17:09
I've rolled a bunch of sixes and nothing has ever exploded. I've done hundreds of rolls with it so far and it's always given me a 3d6 + attribute each time +2 if using a focus.

damned
July 8th, 2019, 23:37
I've rolled a bunch of sixes and nothing has ever exploded. I've done hundreds of rolls with it so far and it's always given me a 3d6 + attribute each time +2 if using a focus.

Im so sorry vegaserik Im getting stunt confused with another roll - probably /weg for the West End Games d6 system.
My apologies to all - most of my responses above have been inaccurate!

vegaserik
July 9th, 2019, 00:16
That's quite alright! I was starting to second guess myself, trying to remember if I had rolled any sixes! lol

Art Wendorf
July 10th, 2019, 11:56
Thanks, everyone!

Art Wendorf
July 10th, 2019, 12:21

Die Rolls
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5fneqftudaengx/Expanse%20Rolls.mod?dl=0

Expanse Basic Sheet - no graphic changes from the original MoreCore
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6w950qewfqzueru/Expanse%20Char%20Sheet.xml?dl=0Had a chance to play with this over my morning coffee.

Bravo, Vegaserik. BRAVO! So nice, especially the Die Rolls mod. Thanks for sharing!

vegaserik
July 10th, 2019, 18:25
You're quite welcome! I wish I knew how to set up the character sheet to have just the info and tabs you need for the system, it's beyond my ability at the moment. I also used GM Wintermute's decal maker and made some nice Expanse decals. Used wallpaper that had a map of the system, pictures of all the planets so I could change depending on where the group is. IF I ever get the chance to run a game!

CH Randall
May 18th, 2020, 08:53
Hi, really appreciated all your hard work on this. I've been working on what you did, and I've got a couple of suggestions. For the Accuracy and Fight skills, don't use the /die command, or the new /stunt command, but instead use this /attackac 2d6+1d2006+(p1)+#xH. It allows you to target on the combat tracker, and then sets the difficulty of the roll based on the defense value of the target.
And for damage use: /damagedr4 2d6+(a1) this reduces the damage by the targets CR4 value (which you've already set as toughness), and automatically assigns wounds (I have the abilities setup as attributes rather than rolls, and then a separate roll for ability that calls on the attribute). Hope that was useful.

damned
May 18th, 2020, 13:44
welcome CH Randall

Would you please share an exported character sheet with your rolls?

CH Randall
May 18th, 2020, 19:13
I'm still working through a few other elements on the game, initiative, armour as a negative modifier on dexterity, actions as modifiers, talents as modifiers. Would it help if I finish that all before I post it, or do you want to see it only part complete. I've also saved most of the rolls to the roll database, and I'm not sure how to export that as I'm relatively new to FG.

damned
May 19th, 2020, 00:44
Thats cool - wait till you have it working to your liking and then share please.

CH Randall
May 19th, 2020, 17:19
Will do. Damned, whilst I have your attention, I really appreciate all the work you and your co-collaborators have put into Morecore, and also the instructional videos. One thing I'm struggling with though. I only seem to be able to add a single parameter to a stunt roll or a mod. I only seem to be able to add multiple parameters or ref fields to /die rolls. Am I doing something wrong or is this a feature of the system? Because I'd really like to try to keep using the stunt roll rather than /die 2d6+d2006, because of the stunt point reporting.
Appreciate your a busy man, but would I've been going round in circles trying to make this work.

Bricon
May 24th, 2020, 05:23
Hi all - just catching up on this - Does MoreCore work with the new Unity edition of Fantasy Grounds?
I am wanting to leverage it for the Expanse.

damned
May 24th, 2020, 09:24
Will do. Damned, whilst I have your attention, I really appreciate all the work you and your co-collaborators have put into Morecore, and also the instructional videos. One thing I'm struggling with though. I only seem to be able to add a single parameter to a stunt roll or a mod. I only seem to be able to add multiple parameters or ref fields to /die rolls. Am I doing something wrong or is this a feature of the system? Because I'd really like to try to keep using the stunt roll rather than /die 2d6+d2006, because of the stunt point reporting.
Appreciate your a busy man, but would I've been going round in circles trying to make this work.

Please provide an example and ill have a look.

Hi all - just catching up on this - Does MoreCore work with the new Unity edition of Fantasy Grounds?
I am wanting to leverage it for the Expanse.

To the best of my knowlege - I fix bugs as they are reported to me.
Im not currently using FGU so rely on others to report bugs.

Bricon
May 25th, 2020, 23:13
To the best of my knowlege - I fix bugs as they are reported to me.
Im not currently using FGU so rely on others to report bugs.

Awesome - I will get it loaded up and will give you a shout if I run into anything odd..

CH Randall
May 26th, 2020, 00:49
Bricon, I've been building all my stuff in FGU, and apart from the stunt die thing not had any problems. I'm going to work on combat stunt die rolls (mostly mods) this week, and I hope to post a working character sheet next weekend. A lot of conditions are not on the character sheet as the effects aren't die related, so the mechanical effects must be dealt with narratively.

damned
May 26th, 2020, 01:54
Bricon, I've been building all my stuff in FGU, and apart from the stunt die thing not had any problems. I'm going to work on combat stunt die rolls (mostly mods) this week, and I hope to post a working character sheet next weekend. A lot of conditions are not on the character sheet as the effects aren't die related, so the mechanical effects must be dealt with narratively.

There are several "rolls" that just output text to chat - you might find one of these works for these?

you can do something like /trait and it will say Randall uses Lore
another one that might work with some extra work is (try this example for fun) /chatimage with name Combat or Investigation or Sanity

CH Randall
May 26th, 2020, 09:10
Hi Damned, thanks for coming back to me. I've attached 3 images below. They show the two different methods, in this case the roll is for a dexterity action, which is modified by the PCs Dex attribute, with a penalty for wearing armour. As you will see from the roll boxes, it appears to be picking it up correctly in both cases, but when you roll the stunt based roll it strips off the second attribute.

damned
May 26th, 2020, 11:40
lets go back to STUNT

Tell me how many parameters it needs please...
Please provide full detail...

CH Randall
May 27th, 2020, 09:40
Hi Damnded,

I've just been going through the rolls I've got, and the most extreme example (a stealth roll) uses 4 modifiers, one parameter which is built into the roll (called a skills focus), a bonus picked up from the attribute associated with the skill (Dex), a Dex modifier from wearing armour held as a parameter on a dedicated "roll" (actualy a trait) for armour modifiers which has to be applied to all dex related skills, and then a bonus for a stealth coating on power armour, also held as a parameter on a seperate roll/trait for power armour. So the code currently looks like this: /die 2d6+1d2006 (p1)+(a2)+(b1)+(c1). I'd like it to look like this: /stunt (p1)+(a2)+(b1)+(c1) so we get full stunt dice functionality. Is that what you were after details wise?

In fact what I decided to do was set up the focuses as modifiers, and try to preserve as many attributes as stunt rolls, so at the moment there is a rather inefficient multiple click rolling process (set up your modifiers, then roll your stunt dice), but with the extra parameters on /stunt it could all be automated to a single click for a skill roll. There's a certain elation that comes from the computer telling me immediately that I rolled a stunt which is somewhat quashed when you have to take the time to study the dice on the screen to decide if a stunt has happened.

Rgds Charles

damned
May 27th, 2020, 14:02
So I get fuzzy about all these rolls. Especially for the many games Ive never played.
My intention with this roll was that you would have a bunch of /mod rolls for your stats and skills and whatever other influences affect the roll.
You then have a single /stunt roll.
You click all the appropriate mods and then the roll and it outputs it all with the descriptions of all the Mods - eg Dexterity+Acrobatics+Boots of leaping

If you think that it really should be one roll with all the mods built in please have at least one other person clarify that this would be better and then Ill create a roll.
To me it seems that
eg. you have 6 attributes, 12 skills, 12 other
and using your example
you could have 6 x 12 x 12 x 11 rolls to cover all the possibilities
eg 9,504 rolls vs 39....

CH Randall
May 27th, 2020, 14:10
Damned,

I think the best way to see this is if I set up two example character sheets one using the stunt dice plus mods, and one with all the mods integrated I'll see if I'll put them up on the age boards and see if I can garner a response to see if there is sufficient demand for modifying the stunt die.

Probably take a couple of days to setup.

Charles

CH Randall
May 29th, 2020, 16:59
Attached is a mostly completed character sheet for the Expanse system. It would not take a great deal of effort to turn it into a working sheet for all the AGE system games. I've also attached my notes on how it works. Any ideas/suggestions on how it could be improved, and especialy how to jazz it up visually would be greatly appreciated.

CH Randall
May 29th, 2020, 17:02
Damned,

I had a go at coding a multi parameter Stunt roll, I can get multiple parameters in easily enough, but I'm damned if I can get the conditional statements to pick up if there are 2,3,4, or 5 parameters present to work. I've not coded in Lua before, but I have done some work using RegEx and Groovy, so most of the functions were familiar, but clearly there's something happening in my nested if then elseif end statement that I can't quite figure out. I've written the character sheet using the die 2d6+1d3006 format and attached it to this chain. I'll also post it in the main expanse thread.

todor10728
June 1st, 2020, 07:58
Someone did some work on The Expanse: https://www.starshipsandsteel.com/2019/01/the-expanse-rpg.html
I did try to use it as a base for FAGE but unfortunetly my skills are quite rusty so nothing good came out.

CH Randall
June 1st, 2020, 11:02
Todor, I saw that. I was really impressed with all the graphical work, and the use of a focus button. I'm only just beginning to learn to use lua, simple stuff replacing buttons and backgrounds. However it did seem half completed and lower on automation than could be acheived. Btw I also built the full char gen stuff using nested tables, including embedded skills and talents. I hope to run the game soon for my pcs as a break from the regular d&d session we began a couple of months ago during lock down.

todor10728
June 1st, 2020, 14:19
That sounds awesome. I know you can't share all the tables and the skills and talents becouse the information might be copyrighted, but if you can I would ask for the basic sheet/theme/module/extension if possible. I will put in the rest of the info myself.

I do not know how (for now) to edit the library so I can add talents, skills, focuses and etc. And I'm trying to figure out how to make NPCs use the PC sheet (it will be way easier for AGE this way)

damned
June 2nd, 2020, 00:36
That sounds awesome. I know you can't share all the tables and the skills and talents becouse the information might be copyrighted, but if you can I would ask for the basic sheet/theme/module/extension if possible. I will put in the rest of the info myself.

I do not know how (for now) to edit the library so I can add talents, skills, focuses and etc. And I'm trying to figure out how to make NPCs use the PC sheet (it will be way easier for AGE this way)

What does an NPC statblock look like in the sourcebooks? (screenshot please)

todor10728
June 2nd, 2020, 09:50
What does an NPC statblock look like in the sourcebooks? (screenshot please)

There you go, removed some of the descriptions from it just to be on the safe side but that is how it looks like

CH Randall
June 2nd, 2020, 11:34
I'd not looked at npcs yet, but a quick look, and it looks like an NPC is relatively easy to implement in morecore. I have to reset the attribute refences and simplify things like the armour calcs, but that simplification makes sense for an npc. You can put the attack and damage rolls in the CT rolls section and they appear and work well from the combat tracker, all the correct targeting etc. Image Attached (only part done, need to add an initiative roll and favoured stunts) Unfortunately not much drag and drop for NPC sheets, so probably best to build a template then copy paste.