PDA

View Full Version : Gifted Steam DLC when not using Steam

LordEntrails
December 29th, 2015, 18:50
Hey all, I got a gift of the 5E DMG as a Steam DLC. But I don't use Steam.

How can I get this module added to my regular FG account?

Nylanfs
December 29th, 2015, 19:18
Depending on how long ago you bought FG your key has been input into Steam, you just have to claim it (https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/).

Activate a Product on Steam > Enter your key.

LordEntrails
December 29th, 2015, 23:03
But I don't want to use Steam. Can I somehow claim the Steam license or link it to my FG/Smiteworks log in so it behaves just like all my other non-Steam FG purchases and is tied to the username and password that I enter in the FG loader?

Trenloe
December 29th, 2015, 23:51
Steam DLC can be downloaded as part of a normal FG update, but you will need to have at least made a Steam ID, claimed the product and then have the Steam client running (and logged in) for the Steam update to work (and then only on a PC, not a Mac). You don't need to start FG through Steam and you only require the Steam client when doing an FG update, you can close it outside of that.

I'm guessing you don't want to do all of that, so send an email to [email protected] and see if they are willing to transfer the Steam purchase to your FG account. You may need to claim the purchase on Steam anyway so that it's actually claimed. I'm sure they'll tell you whether it's possible or not.

LordEntrails
December 30th, 2015, 00:51
Thanks, I'd like to avoid the hassle if possible:)