PDA

View Full Version : Negate critical damage

Galdrin
December 29th, 2015, 14:58
I've been looking at the Adamantine armor (crits become normal damage) in 5E rulesset and I think I need some help with how to implement it.

First I looked if it was possible to create an effect named Adamantine that would negate the crit but as far as I can see it's not possible so next I searched for some way to force crit to normal damage similar to holding the shift key in order to force normal hit to crit but could not find anything like that. Has anyone implemented some sort of solution that works well in the heat of the battle?

Zacchaeus
December 29th, 2015, 16:22
There isn't a way to negate critical damage automatically. When a character who is wearing adamantine armour gets hit with a critical don't roll the damage as normal to avoid doing critical damage. Roll the damage (without targeting) into the chat and then drag that onto the character from there.

Galdrin
December 29th, 2015, 16:28
Thank you. I thought that might be the case but wasn't sure.

Mavrik6666
December 29th, 2015, 16:48
There is an effect for being immune to critical's...

IMMUNE: critical

add it as an effect.... in our campaign we actually add an item that is the armour... gives AC, immunities and DISSKILL it appropriate.. you can then quickly add and remove it for night encounters

example

Platemail; RESIST: 3 slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, !magic; IMMUNE: critical; AC: 8; DISSKILL: stealth

Adamantine Plate, and the player also has Heavy Armour Mastery

Galdrin
December 29th, 2015, 16:58
Thank you Mavrik, just what I was looking for. Working perfectly as I tried it.

Zacchaeus
December 29th, 2015, 17:35
There is an effect for being immune to critical's...

IMMUNE: critical

add it as an effect.... in our campaign we actually add an item that is the armour... gives AC, immunities and DISSKILL it appropriate.. you can then quickly add and remove it for night encounters

example

Platemail; RESIST: 3 slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, !magic; IMMUNE: critical; AC: 8; DISSKILL: stealth

Adamantine Plate, and the player also has Heavy Armour Mastery

Indeed, and it's not like it's in the 5e effects wiki or anything :)

I'd completely forgotten this one; well remembered Mavrik.