PDA

View Full Version : Saving custom stuff (Characters, maps, etc.)

nicohinz1
December 29th, 2015, 02:41
I cannot get my characters or any custom maps I make to save in the FG system. If I make a character or map and then exit out of the system and then come back the character I made or map I made is gone. Also when I first started messing around with FG, I made a partial character that I was just using to learn the system. That character is the only one that has saved, but for some reason I can't delete him. Same problem just in reverse, I will delete him and then exit the system but when I return he is back in my PC window. If anyone can give me some advice on what is happening I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Mask_of_winter
December 29th, 2015, 02:50
Which license do you have?
Are you storing your FG data in any cloud service?
Do you have admin access to the folders your FG data is stored in?

nicohinz1
December 29th, 2015, 03:03
I have the DM/Player license. I'm pretty sure nothing is saved in a cloud service and not sure about the admin question. Its my personal computer so I should have access to everything if that is what you mean?

JohnD
December 29th, 2015, 03:54
When you start FG, at the launcher screen in the upper right corner, what version do you have and does it say Demo or Ultimate or nothing there? Sounds like you might be using a demo... does the campaign you're working in itself get retained?

Trenloe
December 30th, 2015, 05:32
If you're not running the free version (reported in the top right corner of the main launch screen) then it sounds like something is blocking file access for the campaign data. When you start FG right-click on the launch icon and select "Run as Administrator" - this should give access to the files and allow your changes to be saved.