PDA

View Full Version : Character Sheet Action tab help

spite
December 29th, 2015, 01:21
Hey! I am wanting to add "areas" like Feats, class features, etc to my sheet so I can track those things. All I can figure out to do is add new powers or weapons in, and not new windows like the Wiki displays. Is there a trick I am missing here?

jshauber
December 29th, 2015, 02:43
Add a power and then name it what you want like "Class Features" then you can create the "spell" which you can set up effects for.

You will also be able to set up usage numbers and when they reset (rest/daily, etc.).

Hecklerus Prime
December 29th, 2015, 02:48
Each tab on the right-hand side of the character sheet is used for different things. I'll offer up a quick summary for each.

Main
Abiliy scores & save
AC
HP
Class, Race, & Background (if you have PHB, these onto this tab and stuff is added automatically)

Skills
Self explanatory

Abilities
Feats
Features
Traits (not from background - these traits are more like class/racial traits, like breath weapon or damage resistance)
Proficiencies
Languages

Inventory
Self explanatory
Weapons dropped on here will automatically be added to Actions tab

Notes
Alignment
Background stuff (traits, ideals, bonds, flaws)
Custom notes

Log
Used mainly for Adventures League. If you don't know what that is, ignore this tab.

Actions
Weapon attack
Spells
Effects
Misc Power (breath weapon, rage, etc.)

Unless I misunderstood your question, the placed to add feats and powers with window descriptions would be the Abilities tab, not the Actions tab.

spite
December 29th, 2015, 02:55
No it was to make things like this https://puu.sh/mc2Qn/c2d9b04c56.jpg

But I figured it out. :)
For anyone else looking for the answer later on, typing anything in here https://puu.sh/mc2Vt/12f9548f63.jpg where it says "new option in here" will create a new group, or sort the power into an existing one.
The wiki did have it, I just was looking for the wrong thing and it wasn't made hugely clear. :)

Zacchaeus
December 29th, 2015, 11:32
The wiki did have it, I just was looking for the wrong thing and it wasn't made hugely clear. :)

I assume this is the area (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Powers) where you found your answer. If there is any way that I can make this clearer then let me know.

spite
December 29th, 2015, 11:35
Its fine now I know what it is referring to, but maybe a line that clarifies that filling in the Power Group will create a new group if it doesn't already exist?

Zacchaeus
December 30th, 2015, 21:28
Its fine now I know what it is referring to, but maybe a line that clarifies that filling in the Power Group will create a new group if it doesn't already exist?

That's what item 1 and 2 say under the 'Powers' heading.

spite
December 31st, 2015, 05:49
But it doesn't. It says "This will create a new line;" then it says "In the right hand box type in a name for the Power Group" but doesnt say that one leads to the creation of a power group. Like I say, if you know what it does, it makes sense, but if you don't know, it isn't clear that that is the creation of a new group, rather than just a creation of a new power.

Zacchaeus
December 31st, 2015, 10:40
Alrighty, I have changed it to read 'to set up a new power group'.

Thanks for your input.