PDA

View Full Version : HandleFile - Unable to save file (modules/DD Basic Rules - DM.mod) to content vault.

adambrown123
December 28th, 2015, 00:55
Hello!
I am currently having an issue running this program for the first time. As I went through the process of setting up the key and where to save the information at specific areas of my hard drives, everything was going fine and dandy. When I went and pressed okay and it was going through the updates, i received an error like the one as the title says. To be more specific to what the actual updating thing shows you I will write it down below.

checking package 5E for updates
checking package 5E-addons for updates
updating modules/DD Basic Rules - DM.mod
error during update check

This is where my issue comes at hand and during that time another window pops up telling me:

"HandleFile
Unable to save file (modules/DD Basic Rules - DM.mod) to content vault."

At this point in time I have tried running different applications as administrator and making sure the firewall was not getting in the way, but no such luck with getting any farther. I do add though that when I asked my uncle who has the same version of me told me he was missing two things that I had in my "Fantasy Grounds Store Purchases". The following is shown below:
MY version: My uncles version:
3.5E 3.5E
4E 4E
5E 5E
5E-addons CoreRPG
CoreRPG FATECore
FATECore general-addons
general-addons Numenera
Numenera PFRPG
PFRPG
VortexGames

As you can see he does not have 5E-addons and VortexGames. He did purchase this through steam and got the four pack deal so I am assuming we both should have the same stuff purchased overall.
Any feedback at all to help me get the game running would be amazing and greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jedarah

damned
December 28th, 2015, 01:35
Welcome Jedarah

1. Did you change any of the default file paths/locations?
2. You have tried running the FantasyGrounds.exe as Administrator?
3. You have tried directly running FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe as Administrator?
4. Try deleting the following file(s) content.dat.tmp and content.dat from your Data Path

adambrown123
December 28th, 2015, 01:55
Hello damned,
To just go through your advice one by one:

1. I did at one point in time change it to a different file for my other hard-drive and did get the same result, so I switched it back to the other setting it first came up with, but with no result progressing.
2. I have tried running everything I could as administrator, but as well in my findings I did not get the file to update and came up with the same error.
3. Also tried running as administrator and to the same effect no results.
4. I could not find any files belonging to either or those names when searching for them. Possibly a slight clue to maybe something else is going wrong?
I do hope that what I have written will be of use. I also noticed you did not say anything in regards to me having more than my uncle as far as purchasing goes so I am assuming that has no effect to my update issues?
Thanks,
Jedarah

Hand
December 28th, 2015, 02:55
This is the Uncle here, :) We got it fixed, we just had to move his key to the License key field from the lite to full field. Those notes are a little confusing, but we got it sorted.

damned
December 28th, 2015, 03:16
well done guys.
The files for Step 4 (just in case) are usually in:
C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds
or
%appdata%\Fantasy Grounds
which is something like: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds

And yeah - the license key is another possible cause!