Ilwan
February 19th, 2005, 16:21
This tool is so useful.

Thank U so much for this tool. This is gonna save me some serious time,
and it works fine.

:D :D :D

Ilwan
February 19th, 2005, 17:46
Would it be possible to integrate the "tabs feature" of the story section in this tool?

tarrasque
February 19th, 2005, 17:59
what do you mean by the tabs section ?

Ilwan
February 19th, 2005, 18:05
Where U can sort the information in different groups (also possible with images and npc´s/monsters). The small coloured flags below the text. I am on another computer atm. (without FG) so I maybe Im wrong, but I am quiet sure the story section has the flags to sort the storyline, like the maps section has.

Is it possible to integrate other stuff like links and the like in the tool?

tarrasque
February 19th, 2005, 18:20
i will have a look and see about the tabs (never noticed them before)
I basically wrote it so i could take an OCR module into work, highlight box text & room descriptions and then easily make them into FG format

the bells and whisles like links etc can be added by hand once the main import is done

i might add some features, but i knocked it together in about 2 hours this morning. maybe next week when its slow at work i can look at some other stuff

chris

tarrasque
February 21st, 2005, 13:56
well i had a look at the tab function

it sets a new definition on your login name i.e

<categorydef holder="Chris" definition="0,2&#58;1,4&#58;2,6&#58;" />
this sets up 3 tabs..the format is colour, icon then seperated by a colon

the example above generates a red, green and blue Tab

colours are
0 red
1 green
2 blue
3 yellow
4 purple

there are eight icons

as it uses your name i cant see an easy way to add this to the macro

you could hand code it into the xml (it goes in the 3rd line of the db file)

to assign individual nodes to a tab you can edit the xml to achieve that too

normally the node looks like this

<node name="00001">
<stringvalue name="name" value="Swamp" />
to make a story appear on tab 2 just edit the node name line as below

<node name="00002" category="1">
<stringvalue name="name" value="Forest" />
hope that helps

chris

Ilwan
February 21st, 2005, 15:10
Thank you Tarrasque. Ill test it and report back. I am a complete noob, when it comes to XML, but I guess I have to modify the xml sheet in a html editor. Should be doable. :D

tarrasque
February 21st, 2005, 18:22
your only about a week behind me on xml :)

msd (i think) recommended a xml editor called ALTOVA xml spy

go on their homepage and download the home version (its free)

then have a look at the db.xml files in your campaign folder to get an idea whats happening

use FG to make a few trial campaigns..then look at the db.xml file

it seems fairly easy once you get the hang of it

chris

Ilwan
February 21st, 2005, 21:26
Yes, thank U again Chris :D

Everything works as explained. The tool is fantastic and the XML editing easy (when guided so nicely). I got everything set up as U explained and it works fine. Module creation is getting a really nice affair this way.
Will be nice when the list of illegal characters is finished, thats the only drawback (I had quiet a few).
Looking at the XML-files I begin to understand a few things. Might even try to "mod" a little, Im beginning to get the taste for it :D

I know I repeat myself, but this is THE mod so far
*delves back into module creation*

Anonymous
March 8th, 2005, 06:17
When I use this mod, it never works for me.... I always just get a temp file in the folder, and when I open it upm it only displays my user info & computer info?

Am I doing something wrong?

richvalle
March 8th, 2005, 13:51
When I use this mod, it never works for me.... I always just get a temp file in the folder, and when I open it upm it only displays my user info & computer info?

I had that same problem at first. Save it first, then run the macro.

rv

Anonymous
March 26th, 2005, 15:39

I have found my module after creation in the My Documents folder if you can find it where you think it is.

And on a different front:
Does FG not like quotes at all?
or am i missing something changed every quote and dash to plain text ones (did all the editing in a text editor) and then moved it to word . Ranthe macro everything seems to have gone well but once i move the file over to my campain it tells me i have an illigeal character on line 23.

Did i miss something else i have to take care of?

Oh and BTW is that litteral line 23 in the file or something else?

Thanks

Tharivol
March 26th, 2005, 15:42
The previous message is mine also

found the stupid character it is the ® symbol
hopefully it will work now

Thanks

:EDIT:

I have updated the FG_converter.doc file to include the ability to handle assigning tabs to the different nodes. If you want to see the thread it is here (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2541&sid=22fdce8cb9a1e0d3781ed71851a7863f#2541)
I hope you enjoy :)

Thanks

mattllow
March 31st, 2005, 03:21
I converted a word doc and imported it, everything with it was fine. However now my plaers character sheets are gone. They have them locally but cant pull them up in game. Any help?

richvalle
March 31st, 2005, 03:28
Did you change campaigns? If so, each campaign directory has its own 'character' directory. Try copying them from the old campaign folder to the new one.

Thats all I can think of.

rv

mattllow
March 31st, 2005, 05:01
this did work, the players just had to copy it from one to another and then right back into the same folder and it worked. Thanks for the quick reply.