PDA

View Full Version : Item links inside Story tables?

Weepdrag
December 27th, 2015, 01:57
Does anyone know how to put an item link inside of a table of a story entry? Every time I drag and drop a link in the table, it destroys the table entry.

Thanks for any input

TMO
December 27th, 2015, 04:28
Does anyone know how to put an item link inside of a table of a story entry? Every time I drag and drop a link in the table, it destroys the table entry.

Thanks for any input

I would be very interested if this were possible myself, but from what I can tell, Tables and Links are mutually exclusive paragraph types. There isn't a whole lot of mixing between them that seems to be possible. If this isn't possible then you can request it (or upvote) it here (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/).

damned
December 27th, 2015, 04:58
i believe all paragraph types are pretty much exclusive.
its a bullet point OR a chat entry OR a link OR a heading etc...

TMO
December 27th, 2015, 05:09
i believe all paragraph types are pretty much exclusive.
its a bullet point OR a chat entry OR a link OR a heading etc...

Agreed. What I meant to say was that formatting is still permissible among some paragraph types, at least tables.

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2015, 12:22

Thanks for any input

Sorry, I don't understand what the question is and I'm not sure the above is answering your question. What do you mean by a 'table of a story entry'?

You can drag links for almost anything into a table and you can then make a link in a story entry for that table. What, exactly is it that you are trying to do?

Mask_of_winter
December 27th, 2015, 12:25
Sorry, I don't understand what the question is and I'm not sure the above is answering your question. What do you mean by a 'table of a story entry'?

You can drag links for almost anything into a table and you can then make a link in a story entry for that table. What, exactly is it that you are trying to do?
Try it yourself. Make a table, type in an entry, then drag and drop an item link to that entry. The text disappears.

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2015, 12:33
Try it yourself. Make a table, type in an entry, then drag and drop an item link to that entry. The text disappears.

No, it doesn't.

Mask_of_winter
December 27th, 2015, 12:41
I'm trying to replicate when I tried it earlier and it wiped everything out but I can't lol

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2015, 13:10
Yeah, no matter which way I do it I can't get the text to wipe. I can drag/drop before after or during the text inputting and it always just creates a link.

It also doesn't matter what position I drop it on either.

That's why I couldn't understand the OP's question and made me think it was something else.

damned
December 27th, 2015, 13:19
methinks its the <table><tr><td> kinda table....

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2015, 14:39
methinks its the <table><tr><td> kinda table....

Ah, ok like creating a table in a story entry?

That still doesn't destroy the text; it just doesn't put it in the table. He could mean that he's created links and then tried to make those links into a table which takes away the link.

If that is the case, Weepdrag you can't mix and match paragraph types in a story entry. It's one thing or the other as was pointed out above.

However if we still haven't really answered your question do let us know.

TMO
December 27th, 2015, 16:42
Ah, ok like creating a table in a story entry?

That still doesn't destroy the text; it just doesn't put it in the table. He could mean that he's created links and then tried to make those links into a table which takes away the link.

If that is the case, Weepdrag you can't mix and match paragraph types in a story entry. It's one thing or the other as was pointed out above.

However if we still haven't really answered your question do let us know.

I think damned understood this correctly. It's exactly how I read it and I commiserated instantly as I had wanted to do the same thing. Not complaining, just reflecting on a desire to make a richer table for my stories.

Weepdrag
December 27th, 2015, 19:43
Thanks all, TMO is correct about Damned getting my question. I was trying to insert a link within a table, within a story. I'm trying this on a 3.5e ruleset. I'm sure that I can do this manually with tags.

Thanks again