PDA

View Full Version : Forum Question

ffujita
December 25th, 2015, 04:12
I've been on the forums for a couple of months now. I was wondering if someone could point me to the "rank" system ... for instance, Adept, Templar, Acolyte, at the low end, and Immortal etc. at the high end. Is there some place where I can see the leveling up process wrt to Forums?

Andraax
December 25th, 2015, 04:28
Templars are not allowed to know that information....

damned
December 25th, 2015, 04:50
I've been on the forums for a couple of months now. I was wondering if someone could point me to the "rank" system ... for instance, Adept, Templar, Acolyte, at the low end, and Immortal etc. at the high end. Is there some place where I can see the leveling up process wrt to Forums?

There are two rankings going on... the names are simply based on the number of posts. The green reputation is from someone clicking the little star below your post. As your ranking goes up the power of your clicks goes up. So a new member has basically no effect when they thank you but someone who has a few ranks has more weight when they thank you.

Templars are not allowed to know that information....

Sh#t you're right. Bad news ffujita - Im gonna have to take you round the back and well... you know things you should not know now...

dulux-oz
December 25th, 2015, 04:54
Actually, the "ranks" are earned on the number of posts you make. I asked this question 2-3 years ago and the answer I got was more or less that the ranks follow a religious theme and that the actual ranks vs number of posts were - not secret exactly (you can work it out if you're so inclined) - but not advertised to stop people from "working" the system.

What I can tell you is the Immortal rank cannot be earned, only awarded by the SW boys, and is reserved for those individuals who have greatly contributed to the FG Community by always being available to answer questions, by developing popular and worthwhile Extensions and Rulesets, by developing Tutorial Videos and other Material - things like that. The Immortals are people to listen to, because they've been around a bit, are trusted by SW to do the right thing, and are generally very, very knowledgeable about FG - they're not the only ones, of course, but because Doug & Moon "award" Immortal status you know without any doubt that they can be trusted - Trenloe & damed, Ikeal & Doswelk, and phantomwhale & dr. venture are prime examples.

The "rank" of Champion is also an awarded rank, given to those who have "championed" FG in the public eye -face book, youtube, other social media, etc - and who were invited to join the "Champions Program" which SW had initiated before the 5E Ruleset Release, but its been on the back-burner a bit with 5E and WotC.

Also, "Developers" are SW employees.

Does that help?

Cheers

Edit: damn! Ninja'd by damned! :ninja:

ffujita
December 25th, 2015, 06:11
TIL that I should thank the posts that have been helpful.

JohnD
December 25th, 2015, 07:09
Interesting reading to go with my illicit bottle of red wine and herb.

dulux-oz
December 25th, 2015, 08:20
Interesting reading to go with my illicit bottle of red wine and herb.

Having a gunga Christmas, John - well, enjoy! :)

TMO
December 27th, 2015, 04:52
...but not advertised to stop people from "working" the system.

Effectively to stop people from metagaming (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metagaming_%28role-playing_games%29) the FG forums! :)