PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Character Generation

Zone_DangerZone
December 25th, 2015, 01:07
Hey all,
Very new to FG and trying to pre-gen some characters for my first game.

I've been looking at the different editions and while in 5th ED you can drag and drop from the rule books
into the character sheets, I cant seem to do the same for 3.5.

Is this a bug? or is this functionality only included in 5th ed?

Cheers!
Zone

Sorry - posted in the wrong area...cant seem to delete it.

dulux-oz
December 25th, 2015, 01:15
Hi Zone,

No, that's right, the 5E Ruleset is more recent than the 3.5E Ruleset and so has more "bells & whistles" (including the drag-&-drop character builder). In fact, the 5E Ruleset is the only one with that functionality.

Oh, and Welcome to the Community! :)

Cheers

(Edit: Moved the thread to the 3.5E Ruleset Forum)

Zone_DangerZone
December 25th, 2015, 01:18
Hi Dulux, thanks for the reply and the welcome.

Damn! Maybe its finally time to stop playing 3.5...

I guess using something like PCGen and importing will be the fastest automated way to do it.

dulux-oz
December 25th, 2015, 01:27
Well, remember that FG isn't a Character Generator, its a (Virtual) Tabletop - people have been using FG for over 10 years without the functionality introduced with the 5E Ruleset and doing so very, very succesfully - so don't feel you have to change just because of this one feature - FG is sooooo much more, and the 3.5E & 4E Rulesets were the flagship of FG before the deal with WoC.

Savage Worlds, for example has an incredibly lare following on FG and the SW Ruleset doesn't have the 5E feature.

No, play what you want - that's the strength of FG. Filling in a Character Sheet manually is what we've been doing for decades before we started using FG, so there's no problem in filling one in on the screen manually. :)

On a tangent note: let me encourage you (if you haven't already) to check out the various Tutorial Videos available on the FG Wiki - damned's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available form the links in my sig, below). Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the basis of just about all of the RPGs we play with FG, and by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you need to know to play any RPG with FG.

And keep on asking questions - we're a friendly lot here :)

Cheers

Sasmira
December 26th, 2015, 10:53
Hello,

for a RPG Character Generator, you can try to use:
- https://pcgen.org/ (Free)
- https://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab (shareware)

you can use "FG CaracterConverter" to add your caracter in FG :)

S.

Naru
January 8th, 2016, 22:58
Hello All!

I'm New to Fantasy Grounds, and am looking for 3.5 classes that can be played on here. Does anyone know if Artificers are available on here??

Moon Wizard
January 9th, 2016, 01:30
You can fill out the character sheet in any way you want. In the end, they are just like filling in a paper character sheet. Also, the OGL information is available for reference on FG on PC options.

There is no support for drag and drop addition of character information (not in 3.5E, though it is available in 5E with the Wizards modules).

Make sure to check out the user documentation on the wiki for information on all aspects of FG, including the 3.5E character sheet.

Cheers,
JPG

Nylanfs
January 9th, 2016, 02:22
<cough>PCGen (https://pcgen.org)</cough>