PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy grounds in general question

Kefrem
December 24th, 2015, 15:59
i picked up my version ages ago..i still got my license key and all and it works fine..but now i see this ultimate version and a standard version and upgrades and such. How do i know what mine is now?

Also one other question..my mouse is an older type of mouse with tons o buttons but no mouse wheel...is there a way i can make one of those sets of buttons do what that mouse wheel does(for the shrinking and maximizing tokens and such)?

JohnD
December 24th, 2015, 16:10
Launcher screen upper right corner by version number. No idea on the mouse.

Merry Christmas.

Kefrem
December 24th, 2015, 16:28
3.1.5 but er...i guess version wasnt the word...is mine ultimate ..standard..etc? and do i have to sub now? or can i use mine freely..thats my questions i guess.

and merry x-mas to you to :P

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2015, 16:29
Also one other question..my mouse is an older type of mouse with tons o buttons but no mouse wheel...is there a way i can make one of those sets of buttons do what that mouse wheel does(for the shrinking and maximizing tokens and such)?

You would need to refer to your mouse software. Most of those multi button things can be programmed so it might be possible to set up some kind of middle mouse button function. Interesting that it has many buttons but not a middle one.

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2015, 16:32
3.1.5 but er...i guess version wasnt the word...is mine ultimate ..standard..etc? and do i have to sub now? or can i use mine freely..thats my questions i guess.

and merry x-mas to you to :P

If it's an Ultimate version then it will say Ultimate next to the version number; if it's a normal license it won't say anything and (I'm guessing) if it's a demo version it'll say demo. I'm (also guessing) that you have the full version.

If you already paid for your license you won't have to pay again. If you upgrade to the ultimate license I believe that you have an option to pay a one off or subscribe.

damned
December 24th, 2015, 21:30
Version screenie attached.
There is another version if you bought yours a while ago called Lite. It will still work as intended - eg you can PLAY in games but you cannot RUN/HOST games.

Most actions that utilise the scroll mouse can be done using alternate methods. You can type new numbers in fields you can drag the corners of frames but I dont know how to zoom in/out on images without a scroll mouse.
Might have to put it on your christmas wish list - quickly!