PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a group to join for D&D

Broba Fett
December 24th, 2015, 07:38
I've wanted to play pen and paper for quite a while, unfortunately my friends have no desire. I have just bought the game and I would really like to join someone's group. I am a college student at the moment so Friday nights and weekends would probably be the best for me to work with. I also work part-time as well. I have Skype but no webcam and I also have Teamspeak 3 but I haven't used it in a while so I can't remember at the moment how exactly to go about using it. I am in EST Canada (Ontario to be exact). I will work on getting acquainted with the software in the next couple of days but I would like to join a group as soon as possible as I am ecstatic about being able to finally play.

RedNinja
December 24th, 2015, 10:58
Hello :) im new as well to the program with only about 2 years of playing pen and paper tabletop. id also be interested in playing and im free mainly Saturday nights. sometimes friday nights if my normal group isnt playing. maybe we can join up and get a game going together. im CST but on my days off its truely off lol

damned
December 24th, 2015, 10:58
Hola Broba Fett.
Actively apply to games that have been advertised recently and alos new games as they are posted. This will get you into a game much more quickly!

RedNinja
December 24th, 2015, 11:01
that brings me to a question under game calendar ive been putting my name into games but i never get a response on if im accepted or if the game takes off should there be somewhere else i should go to get into games?

damned
December 24th, 2015, 11:45
Far and away the best way is to apply in the forum threads. game calendar notifications are not very good.

Gutless
December 25th, 2015, 16:16
Also coming from a DM after you apply to the Game Calendar send the DM a PM with a brief description of yourself. Everyone I have invited to my games I've done so from PMs.

JohnD
December 25th, 2015, 16:37
The Calendar is, unfortunately, full of abandoned games that either fell apart after a session or two when the DM realized that work would be involved in running it, or never got beyond the idea phase.

That's not to say it's useless - I make great use of it myself.

Best bet is to post in DM threads where they indicate recruiting activities are going on.

RedNinja
December 25th, 2015, 17:25
well i totally want to play sometime so if you guys have a game going soon hit me up :D