PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 5E] Looking for Group in Germany/Europe

DM_SJ82
December 24th, 2015, 06:50
Cheers to the fellow community,

I am new to FG and, alas, right NOW have no license. I plan on buying Fantasy Grounds (Ultimate, maybe) after New Year's Eve, but a decisive factor on participating would be to know how many European/German Dungeon&Dragons Gamers would be interested in a (weekly) adventuring group.

OF COURSE non-Europeans are happily invited and I have no problem talking English as a DM. Due to the fact that I have a regular, time-consuming job and a family with a very, very, very (did I mention very) time-consuming toddler, I would be limited to play on "family-friendly" schedule times. May it be a weekly evening session or something, but as you can see, I'd have a hard time playing very late in the night.

So, in case you would be interested in such a group I'd love to hear your responses. Beside some youtube videos I have no experience with FG, so players should be adviced to add some patience in the beginning :rv:

Love to hear from you, aaaand

Merry Christmas to all of you!

damned
December 24th, 2015, 10:56
Welcome. The community is fairly North American centric but there are most definitely plenty of players in other locations.
Finding games can sometimes happen really easily and other times can take a couple of weeks or maybe longer if you have limited flexibility.
There are some really good European players and GMs who are active on these forums.

DM_SJ82
December 25th, 2015, 04:57
Glad to hear. :) Wish all you guys some nice, recreative days and would be nice to see some replies, I'd love to start DMing after New Years Eve

damned
December 25th, 2015, 07:44
we have a dutchman in our (mostly) Aus based group and we had a long running englishman in the group prior. ive had lots of european players in my one shot sessions too. turks, greeks, germans, norwegians, swedes, italians, english...

Lideli
December 25th, 2015, 08:48
I'm interested :D And thanks for replying on my post :)
I might even be able to get a friend or two on if needed!

DM_SJ82
December 25th, 2015, 09:21
Awesome, sounds great. Another player contacted me via Message, so it looks like we are getting together quickly :) if your friends are interested, we can surely start soon!

Zook
December 25th, 2015, 10:31
Depending on the weekday I could play.

Skellan
December 25th, 2015, 10:52
I hope you decide to join us. If you are running 5e Yule have no trouble finding players.

Depending on the time etc. I'd be interested.

DM_SJ82
December 25th, 2015, 12:07
*this is not the post that was intended... sorry for the spam!*

DM_SJ82
December 25th, 2015, 13:11
Hm I though I replied, but maybe my BlackBerry mixed things up. @zook: which weekday would be best for you? @Skellan: It would be an honour! Seeing so much positive feedback, I guess you can count me in by now ;) will check a FG license next Monday. Does it matter buying it here or via steam?

DM_SJ82
December 27th, 2015, 15:23
*already answered with my last post - sorry for spam. Out of stupidity, posted it several times*

Zook
December 28th, 2015, 07:19
@DM_SJ82 Wednesday would be the best for me around 17.00 or 18.00.

DM_SJ82
December 31st, 2015, 12:29
Hey everyone!

Sorry for not responding for some days. Been quite busy, but I guess Christmas and New Years Eve keeps everyone at bay. I had some issues connecting with FG, which I hope to resolve within the coming days. By then I will have all the interested players sorted out and write a message to you, so we can arrange a meeting in TS for a first set-up!

All the best for 2016 and have much fun sliding into the New Year,
your friendly Dungeon Master :bandit:

lsdza
January 1st, 2016, 08:15
Hi,

New player (played some paper dnd a while ago, which I loved) based in South Africa, GMT +2. I have a 3 year old and 3 month old, so after bed time works great for me, and I def understand family time / issues.
Would be keen to join! (English mother language, aber ich kan ein bischein Deutsch.)

Stefan

z3phy3r
January 2nd, 2016, 12:55
Heyya, would definitly love to join in, not played much (main experience are PC games like Baldur's Gate etc) have a bit of the mechanics locked down but will need guidance. Love to help drive the storyline ad a big Forgotten Realm setting fan. My time is +00GMT

Rudar Dimble
April 30th, 2016, 15:52
Are you guys still looking for players?

Bleak Midwinter
May 1st, 2016, 21:53
5E Euro player here looking for a game (not Tuesday or Wednesday).

caledoniaman
May 2nd, 2016, 22:48
Hi all. I'm in the UK and would love to have a game. Weekend evenings tend to be best for me. Returning to D&D after a long time away and really stoked about 5th Edition.