PDA

View Full Version : Just bought princes of the apocolypse - getting error

Doomhammer31
December 24th, 2015, 05:29
MODERATOR: Moved this to 5e thread

Hey!

Just getting a random error as I was poking through the campaign I noticed Rivergaurd keep 2nd floor had an issue . I am a total noob so pardon my lack of knowledge. Two of the right links seem to pull up info fine but when I click the event on the left it gives me

"Could not open sheet with data from unloaded module. (*)"

did I do something wrong with set up?

thanks ahead of time

Doomhammer31
December 24th, 2015, 05:33
actually looking further I noticed in the area where it says encounters a lot of them are missing numbers that I saw in the book.. any ideas how I messed this up?

damned
December 24th, 2015, 05:44
Try creating a blank 5e campaign and see if it all looks ok there. If so in your main campaign there is a right click option to revert changes.

Doomhammer31
December 24th, 2015, 05:47
Yeah unfortunately they are just missing. K19 missing K21 missing.. and others

Doomhammer31
December 24th, 2015, 05:49
maybe that's intentional and im just expecting to see them but they are not needed... im investigating if its user error or really something going on

Doomhammer31
December 24th, 2015, 05:52
thanks so much by the way!

Doomhammer31
December 24th, 2015, 06:14
Upon closer inspection I am missing specific encounters in Princes of the apocalypse , maybe it was updated and some were lost?

JohnD
December 24th, 2015, 06:35
Perhaps delete your content.dat file and download the 5e stuff again via the Update function. Not at computer so I can't check to see what I have - perhaps you can list a sample of what you are missing?

Doomhammer31
December 24th, 2015, 07:22
tried this... it redownloaded everything from scratch... basically I found issue with K encounters first... 19 and 21 were gone...

damned
December 24th, 2015, 10:52
Head here and report your findings - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27299-5E-Bug-Reports

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2015, 11:18
Can you give me a list of the specific problems please. I can see that the link on the map to 3.09.21 is not working but I can't see anything wrong with anything else on that map.

Doomhammer31
December 24th, 2015, 19:22
Yup , so if you open princes of the apocalypse module then go to encounters that correspond to map coordinates there are missing encounters when you compare them to the book - I just randomly found the river guard keep one --- I'm not at home but when I get home I can check but seemed to me this list had many encounters missing

Eru the One
December 24th, 2015, 19:59
K16 pin/encounter has NPCs that could also be in K19 or K21 encounters, I believe they just used the first instance of the NPC in an encounter and didn't make every single possible encounter from the book. I have found this in many other modules HotDQ/RoT/OOtA & LMoP where NPCs that "roam" are not listed in each rooms encounter.

My group has been clearing encounters in such a way that I've really given up on using the encounters and just dropping the NPCs, removing/adding as needed, and then giving XP with a custom encounter.

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2015, 20:04
I'm not completely understanding what you mean to be honest.

To navigate through this module open it up in the library and find the third entry called 'Table of Contents'. Now close the story and library windows and use the links in the table of Contents to navigate through the module. The numbers which preceded the story entries won't necessarily equate with how the physical copy is laid out. So in other words story entry 2.06 in the Fantasy Grounds version isn't going to have a reciprocal entry in the physical copy and vice versa (I don't have the physical book so I've no idea how the numbering works in there). So if you are looking in the book for 3.05 being say a village square that might not be 3.05 in the Fantasy Grounds version.

From your previous post I took it to mean that you have looked at a particular map and spotted that one of the map pins didn't link correctly to the story entry for that pin and you are correct. However I can't see any others on that map. However I'm beginning to wonder whether this is actually what you meant by your post.

At any rate if you can give me more information that'll help me to track down your problem more easily.

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2015, 20:10
K16 pin/encounter has NPCs that could also be in K19 or K21 encounters, I believe they just used the first instance of the NPC in an encounter and didn't make every single possible encounter from the book. I have found this in many other modules HotDQ/RoT/OOtA & LMoP where NPCs that "roam" are not listed in each rooms encounter.

My group has been clearing encounters in such a way that I've really given up on using the encounters and just dropping the NPCs, removing/adding as needed, and then giving XP with a custom encounter.

Indeed, it doesn't make sense to clutter up story entries with every possible encounter. The FG version of this and all the other modules reflect what is in the paper version of the adventure and they don't have all the possible encounters either. For the encounter you describe I would just add the encounters to the Combat Tracker (once you decide that the others were attracted to the noise of combat or whatever) but keep the NPCs hidden until they have moved within range of where the PCs are at.