PDA

View Full Version : LF1M Sundays Homebrew 5E D&D

Gutless
December 23rd, 2015, 23:32
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: 5E D&D
Tone: Casual but know when to get serious.

Time Zone: GMT -6
Day of week and time: Sundays 8:30 PM to Midnight
If new game, planned start date: December 27th is Session 0
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long Term. Hoping to find a group that will stick together for a very long time. ie. years

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: Should be 50/50 some sessions might be heavy on combat some sessions might have no combat but I try to get a good mix of both
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 4 we need 1 more
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 using class/background equipment
Character restrictions: very few restrictions (some races will need good back stories and dm approval but open to almost anything)

Details of your scenario: I am looking for 1 mature, reliable player. This will be for a long term game that will take place in a world of my making. Our first session will start this Sunday the 27th with a session 0 were we will make characters and I will layout my expectations in full. My style of DMing is more sandbox I create a region and have quests that need accomplishing to drive the story forward but there are many areas that have nothing to do with the main quest that all have side stories of there own. Some are level appropriate and some may need to be revisited many sessions later if at all. If you are a completionist this campaign will not be for you as it will lead to many many deaths. I'll make a few bullet points here that might be deal breakers so people that may be interested to get surprised out during session 0.

Combat will be theater of the mind mostly. I will use the grid for some fights but I found most people focus to much of the grid just tell me what you want to do 90% of the time Ill say go for it.

I will not tolerate PVP or unwillingness to agree this is a group game. "My character wouldn't do that." is also not an excuse. I understand that disagreements happen and this can lead to good roleplay, but in the end one side has to give for the betterment of a group.

Rules lawyers not allowed. I follow the rules pretty close but sometimes they really just don't apply.

I am willing to take new players most of the players in the group have played since 2nd edition some even 1st. Some are new to 5th edition so I have no problem with anyone new to 5th Edition or fantasy grounds.

PM me if your interested or reply to the thread I am not posting a game calendar as the 4 players already in the group I either know in RL or have played with on fantasy grounds.

markruggere
December 24th, 2015, 00:32
Hi there! My name is Mark and I'm 22 years old. I'm new to table top gaming but, I've been role-playing on online forums ever since I was a kid. I've always been interested in DnD but I never found a group to play with until I stumbled upon a few websites that allow me to play online! So I went out and bought a brand new headset and, books then started to learn the rules of 5e as best as I could, got into my first campaign and now I'm hooked! However the group I am with is only able to play monthly and I'm looking to fill up my free Sundays. I've been working on both a Paladin and a Barbarian but I'm willing to try anything out. If you need anymore information let me know! Thanks for reading.

Broba Fett
December 24th, 2015, 14:04
I would be interested in join your group if you'd accept me. I am in EST so I'm only an hour ahead of you. I've only bought Fantasy Grounds last night and regrettably I have no experience with pen and paper. I've wanted to play d&d for quite some time now. My name is James and I live in the strange land of Ontario, originally from the Maritimes.

Skillkoil
December 27th, 2015, 08:03
Good Evening, I am Dallas and i'm 36 years old. I'm very interested in role playing and I would love the opportunity to join your group. I don't bring any drama and all I want to do is enjoy the game and hopefully make some friends along the way. Anyway, I hope you pick me, you can message me on here and I'll be online all day tomorrow so I can make my character. Whatever the party needs I will play. Thank you!