PDA

View Full Version : Question about purchasing something like Hoard of the Dragon Queen....

SmackDaddy
December 23rd, 2015, 21:44
Can the purchased campaign details be modified or is it not modifiable? (i.e. the number of monsters, hit points, etc, even adding additional monsters to each encounter if needed)

Also, prior to subscribing, can we enter player characters we already are using for table top play and just want to move to this format when we can't play in person? Or are players restricted to the default ability point pools, etc?

Thank you in advance.

Zacchaeus
December 23rd, 2015, 22:03
Greetings SmackDaddy and welcome to the forums and to Fantasy Grounds.

Any purchased module is fully editable; you can change the story, make new links, add new NPCs, add new magic items, change encounters, treasure any thing you want. Specifically yes you can change the number of monsters, edit their hit points (and everything else about them) and add more or less monsters to an encounter.

The character sheets are fully customisable so you will be able to enter the ones you have now in the paper and pen version; there's not checking in the character sheet as such so you can pretty much enter any details you want; you can have every stat at 30 if you want - its' up to you.

SmackDaddy
December 23rd, 2015, 22:16
That's awesome and what I needed to know! :) Thanks for the information!

damned
December 23rd, 2015, 23:30
one caveat to the "Any purchased module is fully editable" is that these edits are only visible in the campaign that you made them in. They dont actually edit the underlying module. If you load that module in a new campaign it wont have your edits. There are ways to export these edits but it wont retain them for you by default. This is intended and by design so you dont mess up your base product.

Couvs
December 26th, 2015, 03:32
you can have every stat at 30 if you want - its' up to you.

I"d be afraid to go up against THAT opponent.... :D

Zacchaeus
December 26th, 2015, 10:41
I"d be afraid to go up against THAT opponent.... :D

Indeed, and thanks for copying my grammatical error :)

Hecklerus Prime
December 28th, 2015, 05:16
Never fear, Zacchaeus; it looks like you got him back.

I'd just like to clarify that the Core Rules modules are not editable, only Adventure modules, as I understand.

Zacchaeus
December 28th, 2015, 10:52
Never fear, Zacchaeus; it looks like you got him back.

I'd just like to clarify that the Core Rules modules are not editable, only Adventure modules, as I understand.

You can't edit reference material such as pages of text in the PHB or DMG for example; but you can edit anything you can drag from those sources, such as NPCs, equipment, spells, magic items etc. And you can share pages with players too.