PDA

View Full Version : New to the game

TimmyB
December 23rd, 2015, 14:10
I'm new to pen and paper and really want to find a game for any ruleset, i really want to learn to play. please message me if youre willing to deal with a new player.

Andraax
December 23rd, 2015, 15:38
I'm looking for players in my Tuesday evening game. Castles and Crusades. 8-11pm US/Central.

damned
December 23rd, 2015, 21:38
Castles&Crusades is great fun. Its an older version of Dungeons&Dragons with some improved mechanics. Dont worry if you havent heard of it before.

Ellspeth
December 23rd, 2015, 21:50
Hye again Timmy, I remembered from your original post you had said you are mostly available Saturday's and you are in EST. However it you can see your way to join a Tuesday night game any game run by Andraxx is well worth your time. His Sunday night game was one of the first I joined here, and a year later the game is still running with 7 of the same players constant. He is very helpful to newcomers, as I can personally attest, and his games are lively and TOUGH. You join him you will be challenged.
Because of the holidays a lot of games are off schedule, people seem to have lives, go figure. However there are a number of one shots posted, and even though you want a long term game, the one shots are a great way to meet players, GM's who will know of openings around the place sometimes, or are planning new campaigns if they find enough interested players.
Good luck, and if I know of anything happening over the weekennd I get involved in I will be happy to send you an alert.

TimmyB
December 24th, 2015, 11:56
i would love to play but due to my work schedule i cant. i go in at 9pm est 6 days a week so i'm super limited on weekdays.

TimmyB
December 24th, 2015, 12:00
Hye again Timmy, I remembered from your original post you had said you are mostly available Saturday's and you are in EST. However it you can see your way to join a Tuesday night game any game run by Andraxx is well worth your time. His Sunday night game was one of the first I joined here, and a year later the game is still running with 7 of the same players constant. He is very helpful to newcomers, as I can personally attest, and his games are lively and TOUGH. You join him you will be challenged.
Because of the holidays a lot of games are off schedule, people seem to have lives, go figure. However there are a number of one shots posted, and even though you want a long term game, the one shots are a great way to meet players, GM's who will know of openings around the place sometimes, or are planning new campaigns if they find enough interested players.
Good luck, and if I know of anything happening over the weekennd I get involved in I will be happy to send you an alert.

Please do, my work is a real pain on making schedules especially because of the shift i work. I'd be glad to give anything a go once as long as it''s in my time frame. And I've applied for most of the games that are on the calendar that im available for, exluding pathfinder mostly because i don't think i know enough to give it a go. and i just cant catch an invite

Ellspeth
December 24th, 2015, 12:29
Timmy Daedulus is running a one shot this coming Saturday after Christmas in the Savage Worlds ruleset. I can't tell if he has filled it yet. Daedulus is a good GM I played in his A-Team during one of the FG-Daze or FG-Con, Savage Worlds is a super easy ruleset to learn in game. Your best choice if you want to try it is send him a message through FG, you can do so by hovering over his nic. I know you are looking for a long term game, but the one shots are as I said a great place to try some things out and meet players who may know of openings. I play in a lot of games but I generally only know of openings in them, or what I see posted here.

TimmyB
December 24th, 2015, 12:46
Will do, thanks for the help!