PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays and Thanks to the FG Community for an Incredible Year

Ellspeth
December 23rd, 2015, 13:07
The holidays are upon us, and 2016 is almost here, I wanted to take a few moments to thank the FG community for an amazing year, and for just being what you all are. It has been just a little over a year since I joined the forums looking for games, an incredibly green player both in RPG and Fantasy Grounds. Even with those lacks GM’s were pretty quick to welcome me into their games, continue my learning curve, and introduced me to many new friends.
This community is amazing in its friendliness and helpfulness to newcomers and longer term members both. But I want to offer some specific thanks here as well.
First to Doug Davidson and all the people at Smiteworks, for creating a VTT giving access to this wonderful hobby for many who had none before, and facilitating the ability to meet players worldwide. To all the administrators here on the forums who volunteer their time to provide not just the forums where we meet, look for games and share ideas but for the FG Teamspeak server as well. We all may seem to take it for granted, but we know these things aren’t free and it truly is appreciated.
Next, ALL of the amazing GM’s who put so much time and thought into running games, collecting together the materials, creating maps, setting up their campaigns on FG, scheduling and herding what can be some pretty off the wall parties at time. We know you do this for the love of the games yourselves, but as players, we love what you do and thank you. Thanks to all the players who play in the games and share their passion for a hobby that actually healthier than so many others.
Last I want to thank everyone, players, GM’s, developers for the vast amount of information shared freely on FG, player created extensions and rulesets, maps, tokens, video and written tutorials. I have learned a lot through the forums and from GM’s I met here, enough to where I have already run a few sessions in s historically based Savage Worlds setting, and by the FG-Con in April, with just the help from here I plan to run a one shot session for the next Con. All possible because of the brilliant people here who so freely share their knowledge. These forums and FG have managed to create a beautiful example of what a win/win exchange truly is about.
In closing I want to thank everyone for what for me was a year of growth, learning and fun. Wishing everyone Happy Holidays, and a 2016 full of health, prosperity and HAPPY GAMING for everyone.

damned
December 23rd, 2015, 13:36
Well met Ellspeth :)
Merry Christmas to you and yours - and keep on having fun!

Zacchaeus
December 23rd, 2015, 16:20
Aye, to you and yours too, young lass.

Griogre
December 23rd, 2015, 20:05
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas, Ellsbeth. :)

ddavison
December 23rd, 2015, 20:38
Thanks for the note. We are happy to have you and the many other members of the community as well.

Diceman
December 24th, 2015, 14:14
Just wanted to wish everyone in the Fantasy Grounds community a very happy holiday. I've only been using FG since the they obtained the 5e license, but since then I have run two campaigns and been responsible for nearly a dozen people trying and enjoying Fantasy Grounds.
I would also like to express my gratitude to the developers and their forum moderators for all the positive feedback they give. It is so nice to be able to visit a website/business and know that the people running it are passionate about their product and consistently help their customers get the most out of it.

Because of Fantasy Grounds I have been able to reunited friends from all over the country and play the games we used to play at one table. for one friend in particular it was the first time in over six years that he has been able to play D&D.
So thank you folks. I hope the coming years brings you even greater success.

Callum
December 24th, 2015, 17:17
Hear, hear! Good cheer and good gaming to one and all!

Skellan
December 24th, 2015, 23:55
Merry Christmas everyone

Mellock
December 25th, 2015, 00:47
Merry Christmas :)