PDA

View Full Version : Praise and Experience

M.A.T.T.
February 18th, 2005, 08:46
Just wanted to give a played opinion for those who may still be considering a purchase.

I am moving away from my gaming group so I started looking into virtual tabletops and lucky me I stumbled across Fantasy Grounds. We have run a couple of games now as a test and they have been very successful.

The dice rolling, clear result, map presentation, images etc are all top notch and excellent. The clean simple interface has a very nice feel and doesn't bog you down too much in finding thing or learning where hundreds of options are. The mechanics are left, in the main, to the players and GM, which in my opinion is an excellent choice. After all this is NOT a CRPG, it's a virtual gaming table.

We use voice to chat as typing and reading speeds vary so much. During last nights game we had four playing, all using Fantasy Grounds and TeamSpeak (for voice) 2 players were on 56k dialup connections and 2 on ADSL broadband. We had very few issues and the game, which was was taken straight out of a dragon magazine, played very well indeed.

I will create a new topic in the House of Healing for the technical issues we encountered. Here (https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=343)

All in all this is a great product and if they continue to develop it and patch the few bugs that crop up, it will be an excellent resource for online RPG gamers.

Presentation: 8/10
Stability: 7/10
Value: 9/10
Ease of use: 8/10

to some up: Buy it and play it, you'll love it :P

With a little more marketing the user base could grow massively, and thus the feedback and in turn this would produce an even better product with continued support and development.

I'd be very interested in knowing the number of units shipped thus far??

M.A.T.T.
www.circleoffour.co.uk (https://www.circleoffour.co.uk)

richvalle
February 18th, 2005, 14:06
Re the number of units shipped... that ? has been asked before. SM declined to give numbers but said they were happy with how it was selling.

Nice review!

rv